BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I can see him being interested in Davies..sadly. However not because he considers him better than Kuranyi, in my opinion Kuranyi is twice the player. I’m sure there are a few other options Sam would rather go for, Davies is just probably more attainable.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to have you back. Was the Trainspotting Convention good?

Yes, I went as "Begbie" and Irvine Welsh signed my book. Don't worry though nicko, meeting Irvine was nice but you're still my favourite purveyor of fiction ^_^

I can see him being interested in Davies..sadly. However not because he considers him better than Kuranyi, in my opinion Kuranyi is twice the player.

Wasn't it Franco Di Santo that nicko quoted as being better than Kuranyi? Think wires have been crossed here somewhere!

:lol:

You're in an ever increasingly feisty mood at the moment. I can only assume you brought one of those handbags back with you.........

No, it's currently on show in New York. ;)

It's hard enough trying to track info without having stumours coming away with wee snide remarks. Or, better still, silly pictures.

Seconded. My take on the Ince saga was that he went because he lost the dressing room but far far more importantly he lost the terraces. Result - we were in a relegation hole at xmas - he had to go. But fairs fair one area he did well in was transfers so I second JBNs comments. Robinson was stonking business. Andrews turned out OK after we got off his back and he put in some good performances for us and tucked away the odd important goal. Villanueva loan, Simpson loan so nowt lost there. Fowler was pay as you play so his total cost was probably less than one of the backroom staff. I didn't want to sign him as the image it gave out was wrong but at the beginning of the season why not? He gave squad cover for peanuts. Grella, well I've declared my bias on that already, he's not a worldy but is a top player nevertheless, it wasn't his fault he got crocked, neither was it Inces. Sh!t happens. The transfer funds that he brought in left the cash pool looking OK so why are people getting pleasure out of flogging a dead horse (ie Ince). On this aspect of his tenure he did well. IMO.

Rubbish! For a start you're only looking at the players he bought. What about the players he didn't buy? Like a replacement for Bentley!

Then again, Simpson loan so didn't cost anything, Villanueva---loan didn't cost anything so OK aparently, Fowler didn't play so cost bugger all---------you are totally missing the point! There's 3 players we needed and they weren't good enough to play! Simpson in particular was a liability because Ince picked him! Doesn't matter that he was on loan, he was costing us points! As for Grella, why was he signed if he was so unfit?

Because the squad was so unbalanced and weak we were handicapped from the start.

No aspect of Ince's management was up to standard, he was totally clueless.

Kuranyi is a decent player in the league in which he plays, yet, prior to coming to England, so were, Veron,Deco, Morientes,

Shevchenko, Forlan, Baras, Jo, Alves etc etc.

We must think like a manager, I personally think, may be wrong, that Janko is not playing in a decent league and therefore represents a huge gamble for quite a hefty outlay, there will be others, but many of them will not perform at premiership levels. Players who look exceptionally quick in leagues where the pace is slower than the premiership, suddenly find out they are not all that quick at all.

Its a lottery and I, if possible would want to buy proven premiership players, now they cost money, so, Sam would make his decisions on which players he goes for based on cost, wages, ability and if or not he feels they can handle the premiership and more importantly, how they will play within the system he as manger wants to play, simple but some on here are bringing names out who are simply unrealistic either because of the cost, wages and the gamble they would represent in a league for which they are untried!!

Because the squad was so unbalanced and weak we were handicapped from the start.

No aspect of Ince's management was up to standard, he was totally clueless.

Agreed, and it appears from recent comments from Ince that he hasnt learned much from his disastrous spell at Rovers.

Look, if you were offered a job at a much higher level and you could take some employees with you, you would, if any sense, surround yourself with top people in their proffession, you wouldnt come with a backroom staff which barely coped at Macclesfield"!!

He really was frightening, thank god for Big Sam!!

Rubbish! For a start you're only looking at the players he bought. What about the players he didn't buy? Like a replacement for Bentley!

You're right, Messi for example was immense last season so Ince is a total idiot for not buying him...

In all seriousness though (and I don't really want to stick up for Ince) but wasn't that Segundo Castillo a total flop at Everton this season? So he did get that one right....

This is a suggestion not anything i have read.

I wonder if it is worth taking a chance on Landon Donovan. Always plays well in his international games and had a decent game against Spain last night. Not sure we could persuade him from leaving LA Galaxy though. Thoughts?

I wonder if it is worth taking a chance on Landon Donovan. Always plays well in his international games and had a decent game against Spain last night. Not sure we could persuade him from leaving LA Galaxy though. Thoughts?

I think we could have a chance of persuading him to Ewood Park.

He seems eager to continue his spell in Europe after bayern munich deciding not to buy him after his loan there.

We don't have luca toni and klose and therefore we should have a look at donovan.

There is an awful lot going on at the club in the last 24 hours that suggests to me some of the high-ups are looking at alternatives to Kevin Davies, but the manager is still fixed on that course.

Who are the high ups who know more about football players than the likes of Allardyce and Hughes?

Are they the same people who decided that Rovers would not sign a replacement for Bentley?

Are they the same people who decided that Emerton would be our Right Winger last season?

Do they have their coaching badges?

Over rated, a lot, IMHO

99% of this messageboard thought they knew better about signing Fowler.

Were they wrong?

they do get the odd thing right

but in the main it's just moaning and depression

and linking us to players who are too good/expensive for us

everytime i come on here it's like rovers are about to fold things are so bad

they do get the odd thing right

but in the main it's just moaning and depression

and linking us to players who are too good/expensive for us

everytime i come on here it's like rovers are about to fold things are so bad

I won't say its doom & gloom. Its just opinions at this stage.

I'm sure some expert will suggest a great re-sale value...

Another typical politician tactic.

If you have no answer try to ridicule the question.

I like Landy-cakes, probably moreso than a lot of my countrymen who slate him. Would you believe he has a reputation here of not playing well in big-games! But I think he'd be a terrible fit for the EPL, and Rovers specifically. He's tiny. He plays worse the more physically he's marked. There's just not enough space on an EPL pitch for him to play well. HE's also not always Great defensively, though he is getting much better recently it seems.

To let him excel he needs to be on a team that can let him play in a hybrid winger/attacker role where he doesn't have a defender right on him, and can pick up the ball and drive towards people at pace. given then style we play, and Big Sam's style, I just don't see his style of play fitting well with ours.

Kuranyi is a decent player in the league in which he plays, yet, prior to coming to England, so were, Veron,Deco, Morientes,

Shevchenko, Forlan, Baras, Jo, Alves etc etc.

We must think like a manager, I personally think, may be wrong, that Janko is not playing in a decent league and therefore represents a huge gamble for quite a hefty outlay, there will be others, but many of them will not perform at premiership levels. Players who look exceptionally quick in leagues where the pace is slower than the premiership, suddenly find out they are not all that quick at all.

Its a lottery and I, if possible would want to buy proven premiership players, now they cost money, so, Sam would make his decisions on which players he goes for based on cost, wages, ability and if or not he feels they can handle the premiership and more importantly, how they will play within the system he as manger wants to play, simple but some on here are bringing names out who are simply unrealistic either because of the cost, wages and the gamble they would represent in a league for which they are untried!!

To be fair to some of them like Sheva and Veron, they did come with big reputations and just couldnt handle the pressure. Alves was never really handled that well in a Boro team that were just poor, with confidence lacking everywhere. I still rate Afonso Alves, and think he will be a decent striker for us if we were interested. My main concern is still midfield, but if Sam is ready to sell all our strikers then im guessing midfield is of a concern to him as well.

To let him excel he needs to be on a team that can let him play in a hybrid winger/attacker role where he doesn't have a defender right on him, and can pick up the ball and drive towards people at pace. given then style we play, and Big Sam's style, I just don't see his style of play fitting well with ours.

I could see him being used wide right in a front three.

No, I would have thought most would have read that comment and realized it was tongue in cheek.

Touch a nerve did it, I do apologize. ;)

You've hardly touched a nerve with me mate, you wont find too many of my posts complaining about potential signings.

Spot on there, same as 99% of this MB that think they know better.

So who is the 1℅ that dont think they know better? Is that you 67 or is it Nicko, or maybe its JW or Lee. This is a message board for the fans, and obviously we dont know everything. I suggest we dont post and dont moan, maybe we should discuss recipes or the next pies at Ewood.

Anyway back on topic. I might have missed it, but who are the 3 clubs in for Huddlestone? And is Reid going with the team on pre season?

Archived