BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I see Benfica are in talks with Saviola according to his agent, I wonder if this could pave the way for rovers bidding for Cardozo. Any truth in the Cardozo reports, Nicko?

Cardozo would be V.V Expensive, Fee and wages. Seems unrealistic, unless somethings happened we dont know.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love Sinclair, I was secretly hoping he was Mr X. He'd have to be a proper transfer though and not a loan because, as nicko points out, he does need some work.

There's a lot of talent in him though if the right manager can bring it out - the new David Bentley in some respects.

That's what I was thinking, he's lightning quick which is something we've lacked since Bellamy.

Rubbish! For a start you're only looking at the players he bought. What about the players he didn't buy? Like a replacement for Bentley!

Then again, Simpson loan so didn't cost anything, Villanueva---loan didn't cost anything so OK aparently, Fowler didn't play so cost bugger all---------you are totally missing the point! There's 3 players we needed and they weren't good enough to play! Simpson in particular was a liability because Ince picked him! Doesn't matter that he was on loan, he was costing us points! As for Grella, why was he signed if he was so unfit?

Because the squad was so unbalanced and weak we were handicapped from the start.

No aspect of Ince's management was up to standard, he was totally clueless.

No it's not rubbish.

There's no disputing that he was a god awful manager and nearly swept us to destruction, but that wasn't the point of the post was it. Focusing simply on who he bought - he didn't make any mistakes, that was the point.

As for damning someone for what they haven't done, well that's too deep for me, I'll stick with sins of commission rather than sins of omission

Still I hear dead horse flogging is all the rage these days, so please feel free to flog away.

Fowler didn't cost anything beside a short-term contract. Andrews cost around £1.3m tops, and is 28. Davies is almost five years older and would cost £5m. It's not comparative in terms of value for money and resale value.

Correct. Fowler and Andrews are simply incomparable in ability to Kevin Davies.

Checked that - not on just now.

THERE IS NOTHING IN THE JOEY BARTON THING EITHER AS WE SPEAK.

Any news on departures nicko?

What about Zurab, is he still off to Gala?

Was the story about Gallagher being given pre season a chance to prove himself true or is he likely to leave to the first bidder?

Can someone give us some money for Rigters, perhaps enough for a sandwich or something?

Any news on departures nicko?

What about Zurab, is he still off to Gala? LAST I HEARD, BUT HAVE TO SAY I HAD LOST INTEREST

Was the story about Gallagher being given pre season a chance to prove himself true or is he likely to leave to the first bidder? TRYING TO KEEP HIS PRICE UP I SUSPECT

Can someone give us some money for Rigters, perhaps enough for a sandwich or something? A BIG MAC-EO?

if bojinov's injuries are behind him then he would be a great acquisition for rovers...talented and a killer instinct. hughes is probably looking to offload as he has too many strikers.

Checked that - not on just now.

THERE IS NOTHING IN THE JOEY BARTON THING EITHER AS WE SPEAK.

Never thought there was as there are no petrol stations what I'd call near Brockhall anyway! I've seen Brett Emerton before now at that one along by Salmesbury but that's about as close as it gets

Never thought there was as there are no petrol stations what I'd call near Brockhall anyway! I've seen Brett Emerton before now at that one along by Salmesbury but that's about as close as it gets

hardly clitheroe........ 10 minute drive...... barrow 5 minute drive from brockhall...... langho 2 minute drive from brokhall....... but if you mean coming from off the motorway then yess its the only one in that direction

Rovers have had the best of British strikers down the years weaaring our kits, I personally think that there is every chance that Michael owen may appear in a Blue and White shirt.

We have seen the likes of Shearer, Newell, Sutton, Cole, Gallagher, even Fowler wore our shirt. If Owen is to be offered to the likes of Hull and Stoke then the reality is that ROVERS would offer a far better opportunity.

I would much prefer to shell out a decent wage, performance related of course, than pay exhorborant transfer fees.

Owen, when fit, is a class act and can score goals.

Rovers have had the best of British strikers down the years weaaring our kits, I personally think that there is every chance that Michael owen may appear in a Blue and White shirt.

We have seen the likes of Shearer, Newell, Sutton, Cole, Gallagher, even Fowler wore our shirt. If Owen is to be offered to the likes of Hull and Stoke then the reality is that ROVERS would offer a far better opportunity.

I would much prefer to shell out a decent wage, performance related of course, than pay exhorborant transfer fees.

Owen, when fit, is a class act and can score goals.

i fully agree with you there 1864.... you got to remember he scored 26 goals in 76 appearences for barcodes which imo really isnt a bad record !!!

i fully agree with you there 1864.... you got to remember he scored 26 goals in 76 appearences for barcodes which imo really isnt a bad record !!!

I am not sure if or not Owen has either the will or determination to get back to a good level of performances and even if he did, would he fit into Sams

gameplan??? Thats the big point with all thes names on here,they must fit into a role the boss wants!!

you got to remember he scored 26 goals in 76 appearences for barcodes which imo really isnt a bad record !!!

Another factor to bare in mind is that it took him FOUR years to reach that number of games

I'd have an injury free Owen in the Rovers starting XI any day of the week, fact is he's finshed and has been since he left Liverpool.

Linked in the past with 3 "heavweights" and now linked with us and three distinctly average Italian clubs. Is that the 3 club rule twice!?

Has been offered round Prem in the past but nobody touched him because he was too expensive. I can't see Rovers signing a monster centre half when they already have two of the better ones.

any other clubs apart from stoke and hull showing any interest in michael owen nicko ? i know you dont believe big sam is keen , but i was just wondering who the competion would be if he was to change his mind ?

any other clubs apart from stoke and hull showing any interest in michael owen nicko ? i know you dont believe big sam is keen , but i was just wondering who the competion would be if he was to change his mind ?

Owen has got an offer from Everton but thinks he will get more at Aston Villa. Mind you that has been the way of it for two weeks, so maybe he should take a hint about how real the Villa interest is.

And, by the way, Owen started only 15 games for Real Madrid. Newcastle ruined him? How dare they ask him to actually start matches and earn those £120,000-a-week wages. Tut, tut.

Archived