BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Everton are in for him we don't have a prayer of getting him in on a reasonable wage. Avoid.

The offer there has a limit of £50,000-a-week on it...good dough.

In my view if you wanted a horse trainer for £50,000-a-week you would be better going for Aiden O'Brien.

And, by the way, Owen started only 15 games for Real Madrid. Newcastle ruined him? How dare they ask him to actually start matches and earn those £120,000-a-week wages. Tut, tut.

Stats are pointless in isolation, for example I could say that he had the la liga record for goals per minutes played.....and that wasn't the argument I was making anyway

P.S There is a difference between someone who OWNS horses and someone who TRAINS horses but hey, who's splitting hairs :D

......goes off to think about Uncle Jack putting the training kit on and making the SAS do 40 laps for petulance.

hardly clitheroe........ 10 minute drive...... barrow 5 minute drive from brockhall...... langho 2 minute drive from brokhall....... but if you mean coming from off the motorway then yess its the only one in that direction

None what i'd call near Brockhall though in any direction.

for what its worth i still feel owen could do a job for more than half the prem league , but its wages and his desire that is stopping clubs making offers

just out of interest , would owen have more support IF mark hughes was still manager?

craig bellamy was just as injury prone and was more difficult to deal with , but hughes got the best out of him

so is owen the problem or is it big sam?

That Mokoena guy who's playing for South Africa vs Brazil now looks like a tidy player, I say we should reel him in.

:P

Would rather we went in for Boooooooooooooth though! He seems to play very steady, not bad considering the opposition is Brazil, and is considering his future, so they say in the commentary.

just out of interest , would owen have more support IF mark hughes was still manager?

craig bellamy was just as injury prone and was more difficult to deal with , but hughes got the best out of him

so is owen the problem or is it big sam?

I honestly think Owen is a spent force and a luxury only some clubs can afford. You can see Everton getting a tune out of him because they will have Europe and they can pop him in and out of the side. But he would have to work his tripe out to play for Moyes's mob, so maybe that is putting him off joining them.

Sorry, but I think he is more interested in his horses. How can you commute from Chester to Newcastle by helicopter for training and still be taken seriously?

Remember last year - when he was meant to be on England duty - and he spent two days at Haydock instead while supposedly suffering from a bug. Yeah, right. No thanks.

I honestly think Owen is a spent force and a luxury only some clubs can afford. You can see Everton getting a tune out of him because they will have Europe and they can pop him in and out of the side. But he would have to work his tripe out to play for Moyes's mob, so maybe that is putting him off joining them.

Sorry, but I think he is more interested in his horses. How can you commute from Chester to Newcastle by helicopter for training and still be taken seriously?

Remember last year - when he was meant to be on England duty - and he spent two days at Haydock instead while supposedly suffering from a bug. Yeah, right. No thanks.

Bellamy still had the thing that made him so hard to handle - his pace. Owen doesn't.

Chimbonda is on

Hearing spuds to get Valencia's Migue and is also likely that Hutton may leave them too, something not quite right there!

Footnote that Lee Cattermole may also be a spud target!

Info seems to be from top table

Dont shoot, please

For a reasonable fee and wages we could do worse than Chimbonda, but if Hutton is available I would much, much prefer for us to go after him. He's got got 6 years on him for a start. Then again I'm not sure how cheap we could get him, even with the shambolic changes of heart that Spurs have about theit players, I can still see them demanding quite a bit of the £9 million they paid.

Archived