BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Chimbonda is on

Hearing spuds to get Valencia's Migue and is also likely that Hutton may leave them too, something not quite right there!

Footnote that Lee Cattermole may also be a spud target!

Info seems to be from top table

Dont shoot, please

Read on one of the internet sites this morning Hutton was on is way to Everton, dismissed as nicko mentioned Civelli was due in at the weekend.

Why pay for one if you can get one for free.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chimbonda is on

Hearing spuds to get Valencia's Migue and is also likely that Hutton may leave them too, something not quite right there!

Footnote that Lee Cattermole may also be a spud target!

Info seems to be from top table

Dont shoot, please

Nicko I read that you believed Miguel was off to Villa. Are we ok to dismiss the above then?

Owen has got an offer from Everton but thinks he will get more at Aston Villa. Mind you that has been the way of it for two weeks, so maybe he should take a hint about how real the Villa interest is.

And, by the way, Owen started only 15 games for Real Madrid. Newcastle ruined him? How dare they ask him to actually start matches and earn those £120,000-a-week wages. Tut, tut.

...and scored 16 goals. He had a hard time getting settled in their starting 11 since they used Raúl-Morientes as their strikeforce, and those two had a symbolic value for Real Madrid comparable to Shearer-Sutton for us. Of course the injuries played a part as well, but they didn't completely devoured him until he returned to England and became the demoralized crock he is today. I do hope that he will get himself together and end his career with some dignity, but it won't happen in a Rovers shirt.

is it not possible that due to frutration at all his injuriies that owen has just fallen out of love with the game , hence his interests in horses?

in some ways bellamy was the same , he just took his frustration out on his own players and coaching staff, hughes got hold of him , got him fit ,and give him back his love for the game and made the players around him play for bellamy , if allardyce can or wants to do the same for owen maybe we can benefit

micheal owen at 75% the player he was is still better than the 2 forwards we have left , roberts and mccarthy,

does anyone know who we are going to sign :wacko:

I doubt it. I think nicko has mentioned a couple of names? Kev Davies and Franco di Santo? Hopefully Sam and JW know who we want to sign though.

£1 would be a good deal for Chimbonda - hopefully the Trustees would put their hand in their pocket should the club prepare a well reasoned business case for such extravagant spending.

Grow up, Chimbonda when is head is screwed on is a quality right back.

Large wages probably, would take a decent chunk out of already limited budget and is no better than our current right back. Then there is his huge ego and off the field antics, a complete waste of money if this deal goes ahead.

Midfield and upfront is the priority, not right back.

I think if Chimbonda is willing to discuss a move to us he's probably been humbled a bit from his egotistical peak. If the wages are too high we'll walk away - Civelli found that out.

So yeah, if Chimbonda signs for us I'll take it as a sign that he's screwed his head back on a bit, and give him my support until he shows otherwise.

I doubt it. I think nicko has mentioned a couple of names? Kev Davies and Franco di Santo? Hopefully Sam and JW know who we want to sign though.

£1 would be a good deal for Chimbonda - hopefully the Trustees would put their hand in their pocket should the club prepare a well reasoned business case for such extravagant spending.

They'd probably agree to 50p up front, with the rest on appearance-related installments.

• Backroom

I rate Chimbonda as a good right back, I also belive Brett in the centre of mid is almost like a new signing, he's always impressed me there.

I agree that chimbonda is good when he's in the mood, but he's still 30 or so ain't he? I'd sooner move for 'Greek with S at start of name RB' on a free and spend that pound on a gud dozen eggs to throw at Diouf's shiny wheels (just to see the reaction....provided he never would know it was me) lol

...and scored 16 goals. He had a hard time getting settled in their starting 11 since they used Raúl-Morientes as their strikeforce, and those two had a symbolic value for Real Madrid comparable to Shearer-Sutton for us. Of course the injuries played a part as well, but they didn't completely devoured him until he returned to England and became the demoralized crock he is today. I do hope that he will get himself together and end his career with some dignity, but it won't happen in a Rovers shirt.

Please, don't agree with me....you'll make Alan very angry :D I'm also with your sentiments on his current status, I've been highly critical of Owen since his early day at Newcastle when my mates (many of them Newcastle fans) kept telling me I was mad as he was "still World class"...a phrase that stuck for another two years despite any form to back it up.

In other news, Matty's departing words! Good bye Matty!

"I am very happy with this transfer. I wanted to stay at Olympiacos. I hope to improve myself and become much better next season. I want to score more goals with Olympiacos."

....oh bugger off then :tu:

Archived