BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

By signing a right back, we effectively replace an inferior right back in Emerton and gain a midfielder who can play centrally or right wing (that'd be Emerton, again).

I like Emerton as a utility player but I don't want him starting in central midfield every week. We need a box to box player with some creativity. I've got no idea who it might be, but I'd love if we could afford Emana.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHIMBONDA...I know his agent quite well...and there isn't a move there at the moment...there might have been if there was a swap, but not right now.

MIGUEL...Villa think they are signing him...Spurs do like him too...but I don't think they will match the Villa interest at the moment.

ROTHEN...won't be buying out his contract but would like to reach a settlement in PSG...but he wants to know what is on offer at Rovers first.

WEST BROM...Alan Irvine was favourite, not so sure he is any more...couple of new names in the frame.

By signing a right back, we effectively replace an inferior right back in Emerton and gain a midfielder who can play centrally or right wing (that'd be Emerton, again).

Inferior right back? Outside the top four, there aren't really any better right backs than Emerton right now, and he's far better at RB than at CM or RM.

In fact, now that Roque has gone, he is our best and most valuable player.

No it's not rubbish.

There's no disputing that he was a god awful manager and nearly swept us to destruction, but that wasn't the point of the post was it. Focusing simply on who he bought - he didn't make any mistakes, that was the point.

As for damning someone for what they haven't done, well that's too deep for me, I'll stick with sins of commission rather than sins of omission

Still I hear dead horse flogging is all the rage these days, so please feel free to flog away.

get your boss to give you an appraisal! You think he won't refer to stuff you've failed to do?

all that seems to be happening this transfer window is that there is alot of talk but jack shi* actually hapening, bit bored of just reading name after names, of fancy european players who are well out our range in class and price!,

Actually quite a lot has happend for so early in the window - one signed, about four or five gone. Last year it was dead quiet till end of July/August.

Stephen Appiah may be willing to consider lower wages now, he's been fined 2.3m euro by FIFA.

If he ever gets fit enough to play again.

Fine

That article seems to suggest he is banned from playing for anyone at the moment? Is that why he hasn't been signed previously, rather than the wages?

New name in the mix from the Express

SAM ALLARDYCE will bid £4million to bring Hibernian striker Steven Fletcher to Blackburn.

Scotland international Fletcher, 22, has scored more than 50 goals for the SPL club and Allardyce is desperate to bring in strikers after selling Roque Santa Cruz to Manchester City .

So here is who BS will sign

Davies -- 5mil

Faye - 3.5mil

Rothen - ?

Looking for one more striker on the cheap and then off to the training ground.

Again why pay 3.5mill for Faye, when we can get Seiterides on a free. There are still some quality players out there, where we dont have to pay much if anything. Davies at 5mill,hmm Owen on a free and maybe pay 40k a week max. However cant see Owen taking anymore of a drop in wages unless he is really desperate to get his career back on track. Fletcher is an interesting one, and at 4mill at his age would be a good replacement for Derbs. Roberts, Benni, Fletcher, Di Santo and maybe a Roque replacement wont be bad. I will be happy if the 2 players that was mentioned as Derbs replacement is Di Santo and Fletcher. Both young and want to prove their worth.

The window doesn't actually open for another five days yet!

Bit of a bitch during this hot spell

Bloody hell, off topic, MichaelJackson has died of a heart attack!!

Move it to the cricket - they could play for the ashes

New name in the mix from the Express

SAM ALLARDYCE will bid £4million to bring Hibernian striker Steven Fletcher to Blackburn.

Scotland international Fletcher, 22, has scored more than 50 goals for the SPL club and Allardyce is desperate to bring in strikers after selling Roque Santa Cruz to Manchester City .

Nowhere near good enough for this level - yet. £4m is far too much.

At best he's a replacement for Derbyshire.

Hmm, intsresting. Anybody know much about Fletcher?

Been watching with hope for a while, not convinced he could step into RSC shoes yet, but the boys got talent and a better stage could only be good for him. Chuck in Gally and he'd be a bargain. Madrid have been keeping an eye on him for ages.

Move it to the cricket - they could play for the ashes

Bit gob-smacked by that news.

Nowhere near good enough for this level - yet. £4m is far too much.

At best he's a replacement for Derbyshire.

4M is a good price for Fletcher he's got potential and I reckon he could cut it in the premiership.

Stephen Appiah may be willing to consider lower wages now, he's been fined 2.3m euro by FIFA.

If he ever gets fit enough to play again.

Fine

What's up with that guy. He's a class player, but has had some really bad injury problems and teams aren't willing to take a chance on him because of his ridiculous wage demands. If he and is agent were more realistic, then there would be plenty of teams, ourselves included who would want to sign him.

Been watching with hope for a while, not convinced he could step into RSC shoes yet, but the boys got talent and a better stage could only be good for him. Chuck in Gally and he'd be a bargain. Madrid have been keeping an eye on him for ages.

4M is a good price for Fletcher he's got potential and I reckon he could cut it in the premiership.

Technically looks a good player, just the pace of the premiership as opposed to SPL worries me, having said that there have been some good strikers over the years from the Jocks, Archibald, Andy Gray, Joe Jordan, Alan Gilzean etc!!

I wont mention Joe Craig :wacko:

get your boss to give you an appraisal! You think he won't refer to stuff you've failed to do?

I am my boss and a lot of other peoples boss too. It's not in my experience to fail people against objectives that haven't been set. Was Ince really tasked with jaw dropping mega talented signings at no cost and with massive on sale values, and all in his first transfer window. Heck he didn't start until just before the season commenced and then he had to focus on building his backroom staff as Hughes took almost everyone with him. Also he was starting with a squad strong enough to survive until xmas when he would have had a better chance of seeing what the weaknesses were, then spend. The way it turned out he was a hapless manager who almost destroyed us and was shown the door non to soon. But, and I repeat, it's tough to beat him up on transfers. Come on you must have some shred of fairness under that hard exterior.

Archived