BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I think a cheeky bid for Beckham, even if he cost a few million the commercial spin ofs would more than cover his fee and wages and he seems to be playing better than ever, wants to come over to England to get in the World Cup squad!!

Really worth a try!!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rovers accounts!! Not BBC but does it really matter, my point was, Andrews should never have been bought for that role,

in midfield in a 442 formation, one midfielder sits and the other bombs on, box to box!!

Grella was the 'sitter' so what was Andrews??

At £800k he was clearly a squad player - we had a whole host of other midfielders fit when we signed Andrews don't forget - Reid, Emerton, Dunn etc.

There seems to be confusion over how much Amdrews cost. Wikipedia and Soccerbase say he was £1.3m whereas the BBC say it was 750k rising to a possible 1m and Transfermarkt.de have him down as 950k Euros....

Most sites just say "undisclosed" though so an argument over whther it was 750k or £1.3 seems futile.

Wikipedia actually has the BBC article I posted (which states £750k) as it's citation for £1.3m!

So whoever has done the Wikipedia entry has simply took the £750k and changed it to £1.3m for reasons best known to themselves.

I'm guessing Soccerbase got the £1.3m from the incorrect Wikipedia entry.

Sam definitely has a crocked hand with the current midfield IMO. I personally don't think we'd get much, if anything, for Reid or Dunn in their current state. And we'd take a big hit on Grella if we were to get rid.

Is he planning to be starting with Warnock there next season? If not then he's surely an expensive squad player. Given our limited resources we perhaps don't have the luxury of being able to keep him for that purpose, especially if we can sell at a decent price and get someone instead who would be a more probable starter.

I don't envy Allardyce at all.

So your saying we need to sell a central midfielder, but can't sell Dunn, Reid, Grella. Sams always said warnocks a Full back and emertons coming back from an injury so we'd struggle to shift him, same logic you've applied to dunn, reid.

I wonder who that leaves then????

I think a cheeky bid for Beckham, even if he cost a few million the commercial spin ofs would more than cover his fee and wages and he seems to be playing better than ever, wants to come over to England to get in the World Cup squad!!

Really worth a try!!

Beckham coming to Rovers would gain us world-wide press and fans, he's still a huge draw.

If Sam wants to play 451/433 Beckham playing wide right of the midfield three could do some real damage, especially with Cardoza up front. The bank would give us our overdraft back surely just on the strenght of future income, it could be made to pay for its self.

I'd certainly be in full support of this, he's better than anything we have in midfield still regardless of his age, he's super fit. AC have shown him how to keep going, they kept Maldini ticking over till he was 40.

Whether he'd be interested in little old rovers I don't know, but there's no harm in asking, I would.

NICKO, how much did keith really cost please.

Cheers

Really worth a try!!

Unfortunately there are more attractive teams who would take Beckham than us, the only thing we have going for us is the fact we are in the EPL.

Unfortunately there are more attractive teams who would take Beckham than us, the only thing we have going for us is the fact we are in the EPL.

Don't forget its a commutable distance from cheshire, we've got one or two selling points that I think could be used to convince him. Do he and Sam have any history??

We could give him what he's always wanted a central role in a three, in the EPL.

His wages are 100k a week or more as well. Pie in the sky.

It is irritating that we have let four mdifielders go (Mokoena, Villanueva, Vogel, Tugay) only signed one (Van Heerden - and he is more a wide player anyway) and we still have too many!

For the record there is no way we are going to be able to shift Reid or Dunn, we may as well keep them. If we can sell anyone it is going to be either Emerton, Warnock or Andrews. We need the first two to cover full back. So you can see where this is going....

Keith out the door? I would be hesitant about that because he is the only one who can stay fit it seems!

So your saying we need to sell a central midfielder, but can't sell Dunn, Reid, Grella. Sams always said warnocks a Full back and emertons coming back from an injury so we'd struggle to shift him, same logic you've applied to dunn, reid.

I was responding to LeChuck's post about getting rid of a midfielder.

Although ff Sam has Warnock down as a starter at full back, then Givet is extremely expensive cover don't you think?

Beckham coming to Rovers would gain us world-wide press and fans, he's still a huge draw.

If Sam wants to play 451/433 Beckham playing wide right of the midfield three could do some real damage, especially with Cardoza up front. The bank would give us our overdraft back surely just on the strenght of future income, it could be made to pay for its self.

I'd certainly be in full support of this, he's better than anything we have in midfield still regardless of his age, he's super fit. AC have shown him how to keep going, they kept Maldini ticking over till he was 40.

Whether he'd be interested in little old rovers I don't know, but there's no harm in asking, I would.

You'd have more chance of getting a blow job off the pope than getting Beckham to come to Blackburn!

Sam definitely has a crocked hand with the current midfield IMO. I personally don't think we'd get much, if anything, for Reid or Dunn in their current state. And we'd take a big hit on Grella if we were to get rid.

Is he planning to be starting with Warnock there next season? If not then he's surely an expensive squad player. Given our limited resources we perhaps don't have the luxury of being able to keep him for that purpose, especially if we can sell at a decent price and get someone instead who would be a more probable starter.

I don't envy Allardyce at all.

getting paid 25k per week to play real life championship manager with the team i love.............i envy him loads, noow go sign janko and don't choose this as a good day to bury bad news and sign davies

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be a fantastic bit of business to sign Beckham, I just can't imagine the worlds most famous footballer, maybe even person, signing for little old Blackburn.

It is far fetched, but no-one else is making a move for him. He wants away from america he needs to be playing top level football, and where better than England. Then again AC have just got a serious amount of cash so they could well go in for him but they are penny pinchers.

I want Beckham at SA, we will need him. As opposed to getting the French version I'd far rather have an Englishman, we seem to be running out of them at Rovers. How much was Beckham worth a season to Real madrid again, 25M a season something like that even on 100K a week we'd still make serious cash, we need it as well.

It would be the kind of signing all our fans need (I hope) a gala one, one to give us a boost after friedel bentley and RSC leaving in 12 months and it would fund itself. We should be asking theres no harm, Sam's got the kind of tongue that could sell him the club, Christ he persuaded Anelka to join Bolton..

Just as last summer I'm yet to see us linked too anyone who has gotten me excited, I know we're skint, but still after the last 12 months we could do with a pick me up, if you know what I mean.

It will never happen, but all the names being linked to us at present are forcing me to dream just like last summer. Cardoza would be good but he's unproven

IMO its worth an ask. If he says no have another go or two and leave it but he's better than anything we have and he'd sort out our cash flow issues and boost our funds for players next season, we could acctually have a real transfer fund before selling for a change and he'd be a worthy Tugay replacement.

Right I'm off to have a coffee and wake-up.

I think that must mean we need to sell a midfielder. Maeks sense in a way because we have Grella, Reid, Dunn, Andrews, Van Heerden, Warnock and Emerton who can already play there, plus we have probably already budgete for one 'established' midfielder.

Please sell Andrews!

His wages are 100k a week or more as well. Pie in the sky.

!

His wages wouldnt be a problem, the commercial aspect would cover that, trust me!!

£5,200,000 for a years wages would be well covered with the spin offs, thus you could get a top player for nothing!!

I'd have cheeky try for him anyway, dont ask, dont get!!

Beckham wouldn't come. Christ, we had this thread 2 years ago or less. He wouldn't come.

And the Anelka comparison is ridiculous. He's the most famous player in the world.

As the dingles will point out to you, 'We signed Gazza, anything is possible' :lol:

I was responding to LeChuck's post about getting rid of a midfielder.

Although ff Sam has Warnock down as a starter at full back, then Givet is extremely expensive cover don't you think?

You'd have more chance of getting a @~## %$£ off the pope than getting Beckham to come to Blackburn!

I strongly suggest, that if you want a private conversation you use the PM system not the public board, then.

No reply to my comment then???

Also this site can be used be anyone of any age, I suggest you shove a bar of soap in your mouth.

BECKHAM - its worth an ask that's all.

Archived