BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I personally don't think we'd get much, if anything, for Reid or Dunn in their current state. And we'd take a big hit on Grella if we were to get rid.

I'd happily give Reid and Dunn away. I honestly think there would be at least one Premiership club willing to take a gamble on Dunn. We have money to spend so getting money for them isn't a big issue - we just need a space in the wages budget to be able to spend this money properly.

Grella at least deserves another season because history suggests last season was a one-off in terms in injuries.

Edit: Oh, and can we stop talking about Beckham? We know a lot of fans from other teams read this site because of nicko and it's bloody embarrassing.

On the delusional subject of Beckham, do you know if he's going to get a move back to europe???

It's an interesting thought. He can still play and he wants to go to the Wiorld Cup finals.

But Beckham is on a 'job share' just now and there would be an awful lot of red tape to go through. He would pay his way though if you took him for a short spell.

However I would imagine a lot of London teams would suit him more and be more willing and able to pull it off.

It's "maths" as in mathmatic*s*

carry on.

Do the math is an expression...sorry to offend your colonial sensibilities.

Tuncay is a cracking player, but you will never go near those wages.

I was going to mention 're-sale value' but that is irrelevant again in his case.

Thing is...I don't think anyone would go near those wages. They were inflated when he signed because he came on a bosman, so Boro upped his wages because there was no transfer fee (see: Sol Campbell). I honestly think there's a good chance he'll take a fairly substantial drop because no-one will be willing to pay that when a fairly hefty transfer fee is involved too.

I'm not sure why you keep throwing re-sale value into your posts as if it's a stupid idea. I posted a direct comment from Wenger talking about it. Ferguson thinks the same. We've got even less money to spend than those two so it should be even more important to us.

Beeb says we can't afford Peter Crotch and are now after Steven Fletcher off Hibs. Anyone else a bit concerned about how low we're setting our sights?

Cheers,

On the delusional subject of Beckham, do you know if he's going to get a move back to europe???

Cheers

There are a few Champions League sides who'd want Beckham. Anyone thinking we've got a chance is tripping.

Thing is...I don't think anyone would go near those wages. They were inflated when he signed because he came on a bosman, so Boro upped his wages because there was no transfer fee (see: Sol Campbell). I honestly think there's a good chance he'll take a fairly substantial drop because no-one will be willing to pay that when a fairly hefty transfer fee is involved too.

I'm not sure why you keep throwing re-sale value into your posts as if it's a stupid idea. I posted a direct comment from Wenger talking about it. Ferguson thinks the same. We've got even less money to spend than those two so it should be even more important to us.

Do you honestly think Tuncay, who is earning £65,000-a-week will take a pay cut for the privilege of moving? As of yesterday he was being hakwed around...so he's not got a home and he is unlikely to find one unless he is given away or returns home.

Re-sale value would be a factor in this one. But re-sale value is irrelevant if the player is good enough and fits your need. Balls to Wenger and Ferguson and the way they run their clubs - there is no comparison.

It's an interesting thought. He can still play and he wants to go to the Wiorld Cup finals.

But Beckham is on a 'job share' just now and there would be an awful lot of red tape to go through. He would pay his way though if you took him for a short spell.

Job share???? you've lost me there, you'll need to explain that one.

Beeb says we can't afford Peter Crotch and are now after Steven Fletcher off Hibs. Anyone else a bit concerned about how low we're setting our sights?

Fletcher would be a good signing with the right deal, he's a good player and would be a good replacement for Derb's.

Nicko do you know if Victoria Beckham will be happy shopping at Lidl and poundstretcher in town?

;-P

The day I ever see David Beckham in a Rover's shirt is the day that I will finally sprout wings and fly off with the pink elephants....

Yes, she liked the branch in Salford.

I don't think you would have much chance with Beckham either - but there would be no harm in asking.

However I would imagine a lot of London teams would suit him more and be more willing and able to pull it off.

Like Fulham, with Best and March in the 70s.

I strongly suggest, that if you want a private conversation you use the PM system not the public board, then.

No reply to my comment then???

You said "So your saying we need to sell a central midfielder", and I responded with "I was responding to LeChuck's post about getting rid of a midfielder", meaning I didn't say we needed to get rid of a midfielder LeChuck did!

Can I therefore suggest you actually read my posts instead of getting your knickers in a twist with anything I post.

As for Beckham to Blackburn - could you honestly see it happening in a million years? The Beckham image alone is worth millions - I can hardly see him wanting that image associating with us in such a huge way (however ace we personally think our club is).

What do you think Victoria would have to say about a move to us as well: "here Vicky, you've tried Madrid, LA and Milan, now try the best........Blackburn". She'd no doubt love the boutiques of Blackburn eh!

Job share???? you've lost me there, you'll need to explain that one.

Beckham is an LA Galaxy player and returns there to play until the end of the MLS season.

At that point - probably around January 2010 - he will be looking for a club to play for and stay fit before the World Cup finals.

So it would be something for any Premier League club to consider in THAT window.

No reason why you shouldn't consider it them. However it won't be happening in this current window.

AND, BY THE WAY, DON'T DISRESPECT JOE CRAIG WITHIN MY EARSHOT...THANKS.

Do you honestly think Tuncay, who is earning £65,000-a-week will take a pay cut for the privilege of moving? As of yesterday he was being hakwed around...so he's not got a home and he is unlikely to find one unless he is given away or returns home.

Depends how much he wants to stay in the Premier League. The only way he'll continue to earn £65,000 is by staying at Boro.

Do you know if Boro had something written in to players' contracts in case of relegation? They seem a very well run club so it wouldn't surprise me. It's not beyond possibility that his wages would drop significantly in the Championship anyway.

11.21 Blackburn have completed the permanent signing of on-loan Marseille defender Gael Givet, who has penned a four-year contract with the Ewood Park outfit.

10.31 Blackburn Rovers have reignited their interest in Egypt international Ahmed Al-Muhammadi, according to ENNPI Cairo's director of football

Sam is back from his Hols :D

Depends how much he wants to stay in the Premier League. The only way he'll continue to earn £65,000 is by staying at Boro.

Do you know if Boro had something written in to players' contracts in case of relegation? They seem a very well run club so it wouldn't surprise me. It's not beyond possibility that his wages would drop significantly in the Championship anyway.

He is ON £65,000-a-week...he is simply not going to give that up.

Boro HAVE to pay him that in the Championship. It's very much their problem.

Ironically, 'Do the math' is a colonial expression - but american rather than australian.

If you want to be pedantic America stopped being a British colony quite some time ago...

Tuncay is £5 million plus £65,000-a-week wages.

Davies is on about half of those wages.

Even you can do the math.

Fair enough but I was pointing out the fee. You were answering as to why Tuncay was a no go and you stated the fee first as well as the wages. I was merely saying that a £5m asking price shouldn't be a stumbling block when we're apparently prepared to pay that for Kevin Davies.

On wages though, why do people (not specifically aimed at you nicko) talk about them as if it's a compulsory figure that can't be changed? I understand that people don't want to move for lower wages but when it comes to guys lik Tuncay who are playing in the Championship I think you can expect these guys to tak a bit of a cut.

Isn't there a way Boro could pay a % of his wage for him to leave the club?

You don't know how awkward Boro are...

Fair enough but I was pointing out the fee. You were answering as to why Tuncay was a no go and you stated the fee first as well as the wages. I was merely saying that a £5m asking price shouldn't be a stumbling block when we're apparently prepared to pay that for Kevin Davies.

On wages though, why do people (not specifically aimed at you nicko) talk about them as if it's a compulsory figure that can't be changed? I understand that people don't want to move for lower wages but when it comes to guys lik Tuncay who are playing in the Championship I think you can expect these guys to tak a bit of a cut.

You have to pay wages, it's that simple. That's why it is hard finding good players. That's why Davies IS good value.

Archived