BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You said "So your saying we need to sell a central midfielder", and I responded with "I was responding to LeChuck's post about getting rid of a midfielder", meaning I didn't say we needed to get rid of a midfielder LeChuck did!

Can I therefore suggest you actually read my posts instead of getting your knickers in a twist with anything I post.

As for Beckham to Blackburn - could you honestly see it happening in a million years? The Beckham image alone is worth millions - I can hardly see him wanting that image associating with us in such a huge way (however ace we personally think our club is).

What do you think Victoria would have to say about a move to us as well: "here Vicky, you've tried Madrid, LA and Milan, now try the best........Blackburn". She'd no doubt love the boutiques of Blackburn eh!

Glad to see you took my advice and washed your mouth out young man!!

I believe anythings possible, with the right approach planning and so on.

You did not disagree with Le chuck though and then went on to give reasons why we couldn't sell the others, as I said you've implied Keith is the prime candidate.

As Beckham would be dead in a million years I'd say no, but please take some of you own advice and read what others write in response, I said it would be worth an ask, no more.

Your obviously very young or your memories fading, because I could swear Beckham lived for 10 years or so one hours drive down the road. Manchester thats the place. Vicky or Victoria lived there for how long???

Write what you want in response, you'll probably just repeat the same points over and over and I don't do morning naps.

As I said private conversation on a public message board, I have every right to reply. Perhaps in the future if you don't want people to respond to your repetitive posts you should write so at the bottom of each post so we know.

You don't know how awkward Boro are...

You have to pay wages, it's that simple. That's why it is hard finding good players. That's why Davies IS good value.

Ill chip in a couple of bucks a week to get Tuncay at Ewood.

Any more?

Steven Fletcher link, any update Nicko?

Also my uncle thought he saw Kevin Davies driving his car in Darwen this morning. I hope it was just a look a like!

I think you will find the Fletcher thing is wrong. Hibs want £4 million. They won't get it. And other clubs will pay decent fees for him. I don't think he is near the top of your lost at the moment.

No idea on Davies's whereabouts.

You have to pay wages, it's that simple. That's why it is hard finding good players. That's why Davies IS good value.

It might be good value elsewhere, but, as you know, the Rovers live on making money out of on sales. In that respect, Davies is not good value, is he?

He is ON £65,000-a-week...he is simply not going to give that up.

Boro HAVE to pay him that in the Championship. It's very much their problem.

Lots of clubs write into contracts that the wage will drop by a certain % in the case of relegation. Whether Tuncay has that or not I do not know, but it's possible.

I completely understand that, if Boro didn't put that in his contract, they have to pay his wages if he stays. My point is that it's also possible he wouldn't be happy playing at that level and would take a drop in wages to move back to the Premier League. None of the clubs that could afford £65k seem to have any interest in him.

Cheers

As I said bad joke.

Only kidding...Big Joe was a boyhood hero of mine and a really nice fella. Partick Thistle found him and I sent him a letter when he left us to join Celtic to wish him the best. He was good enough to write back. I still have it. So I still view him as hero.

Lots of clubs write into contracts that the wage will drop by a certain % in the case of relegation. Whether Tuncay has that or not I do not know, but it's possible.

I completely understand that, if Boro didn't put that in his contract, they have to pay his wages if he stays. My point is that it's also possible he wouldn't be happy playing at that level and would take a drop in wages to move back to the Premier League. None of the clubs that could afford £65k seem to have any interest in him.

There is NO cut in his contract and so Boro will have to give him away. If you see the way they do business you will realise this is unlikely to happen in a hurry.

Even if his fee was low the wages are still huge for him - and very few would pay that. So they are both locked into a nightmare.

There is NO cut in his contract and so Boro will have to give him away. If you see the way they do business you will realise this is unlikely to happen in a hurry.

Even if his fee was low the wages are still huge for him - and very few would pay that. So they are both locked into a nightmare.

depends whether the fact that they have no cash becomes an even bigger problem than it currently is. If so it might be a case of getting rid at any price to save paying those wages. if it's not so pressing then they will keep hold unless someone pays the asking price

If he is I for one will be sick as a parrot.

Erratic or not he is a class act on YouTube. :P

He is 29 yrs old.

That's my only worry about the guy.

He is looking to leave Mallorca with Celtic, Borussia Monchengladbach and celtic interested.

Now I take it is most likely that Celtic will sign him for approx £4m

Curious, ??? Givet's wages, bit of a bench mark or not for what is to follow.

Givet will be earning around £40,000-a-week. It's good value and probably the top figure Rovers would want to pay.

But those kind of 'rules' get broken when it starts to get sweaty.

Arango going to Celtic for £4m Nicko?

I would find it hard to believe that Celtic paid that much for a wide man...what they have will go on a striker.

Mallorca want to sell and it sounds like they are trying to stir up interest.

Givet will be earning around £40,000-a-week. It's good value and probably the top figure Rovers would want to pay.

But those kind of 'rules' get broken when it starts to get sweaty.

I know he's our captain but isn't Ryan Nelsen on 60k a week or something?

They may be highly paid pros earning millions a year - Nelsen's new five-year deal has been estimated to be worth $NZ8m a season by some media sources, making him New Zealand's highest-paid sportsman - but today they're sweating like foundry workers.

Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/174353

8M NZ = £3.2m a year sterling....or 60k a week.

Steven Fletcher link, any update Nicko?

Also my uncle thought he saw Kevin Davies driving his car in Darwen this morning. I hope it was just a look a like!

Maybe it was him..........Maybe he was out getting a haircut...........Maybe he likes a bakery nearby............Maybe he's been out all night driving around listening to his entire Michael Jackson collection...........

If you were to see Gerald Jackson standing in line with Sir Alex at the local coffee shoppe later this afternoon would it mean we were making a bid for Rooney? <_<

Archived