BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was suggesting the club 'had to get some money in' which I think referred to their present financial position and future.

He is DEFINITELY chasing a striker above all else. It's not talk, that is reality.

Anyway, see for yourself. Comfortable shirt? He was back yesterday...that's pyjamas.

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,237...5402161,00.html

Thanks nicko, the good news is he says at the start is we have the money in place now and that the sales were needed, he didn't suggest that we need to sell anyone else so I guess that gives us a good hand to keep the likes of Warnock and Samba if bids to come in later on in the window. Also means we can set the price of players, not the other way around.

Unfortunately he confirmed that he won't have all the circa 20m made by selling Derbs and Roque available to spend, but then I don't think any of us expected to have it all. When he says if it's right for the club he will spend it all on one striker I hope it doesn't come down to that as we definitely need to strenghen the midfield (It's unlikely but with their current injuries/injury record we might have a midfield next year of Pedersen, Andrews + Any 2 that are actually fit at the sametime).

Purely a guess but I'd guess from BFS's words that spending it all one player isn't out of the question that we have around 10m maximum to spend, can't see us even considering spending more than that on a player, even that's very optomistic, perhaps BFS's only allowed to spend say 5-6m, maybe Givet's deal had to come out of future sales (He did say he knew players had to go)

Certainly interesting times ahead, perhaps more of a wheel and deel summer than we had previously hoped.

I'm a bit concerned, I've already mentioned the midfield problem, at right back Emerton if FIT is the only option bar Andrews, up front Roberts and McCarthy are the only options barring Diouf or Samba going up there. There's a long way to go but I hope over the next month or so we see a few players coming in that can improve the team, not just make up the numbers.

How much would your guesstimate be nicko on BFS's transfer kitty?

He was suggesting the club 'had to get some money in' which I think referred to their present financial position and future.

He is DEFINITELY chasing a striker above all else. It's not talk, that is reality.

Anyway, see for yourself. Comfortable shirt? He was back yesterday...that's pyjamas.

Wheres he been on his hols...REHAB ! he looks rough as hell.

Or a case of carrying on with clearing out the deadwood?

Must be. Sam said 18 senior players last season and most on here doubted that, it seems he'll be right.

Robinson, Bunn, [new RB], Givet, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Grella, Emerton, Dunn, Reid, Andrews, van Heerden, Diouf, Pedersen, McCarthy, Roberts, [new striker]. Then we have younger players like Fielding, Olsson, Judge, Doran, maybe Gallagher and possibly someone like Di Santo (he'll be cheap so can probably be included outside the 18) backing up the first team.

There's the 18 as it stands. Some midfielders obviously have to be moved out before we can bring others in. With a small squad it's fairly critical we reduce the number of injury prone players, we just can't afford to carry anyone.

Continue to sell? May that imply that the likes of Warnock could be made available?

I don't think there is any NEED to sell. But that doesn't mean he won't do it out of CHOICE or somebody comes in with daft money. It happens.

I don't think there is any NEED to sell. But that doesn't mean he won't do it out of CHOICE or somebody comes in with daft money. It happens.

Completley agree, BFS's more or less said in his interview that the players needed to be sold so we can now look at bringing players in but suggests that there is no NEED for any more player sales.

But if he gets offers for people like Gallagher, Rigters, Treacey, Zurab (If that hasn't already moved along) then I'm sure he'll listen to offers, and then even if he gets decent offers for Reid, Dunn, Andrews, Grella etc he would probably be willing to sell if he can get better players in for the money get gets.

Then of course if we get an offer of 10m for Samba then it probably wouldn't be up to him if they stay or go.

There are a lot of IF's and BUT's at the moment, all it takes is for City to Buy Lescott or something and it can start a merry go round of transfers.

It's not even July yet, players and managers are about to report back for pre season in the next week or so if they haven't already, the fun beings now really people!!

Nicko, you mentioned yesterday we where looking at the following positions.

RB.....2x MF .....and a Striker.

After that interview do you still think that is the case.

Sam needs to stand closer to the razor blade in a morning.

I listed those in 'team selection' order.

No doubt that the priorities are the striker. After that come the other positions, depending on the cash.

Going to be busy.

I listed those in 'team selection' order.

No doubt that the priorities are the striker. After that come the other positions, depending on the cash.

Going to be busy.

Yep, July is when the deals start to happen.

We need a striker, even 1 of the targets wouldn't be end of the world. Roberts, McCarthy, Di Santo/Davies with Diouf, Gallagher and Samba as cover, certainly wouldn't be the worst attack options in the world.

Our midfield is potentially very good but with huge question marks over their fitness so surely it needs to be addressed.

One of those midfielders is Brett Emerton who may or not be fit for the start of the season depending on how pre season goes and right now he is more or less are only option at right back apart from perhaps Andrews, another midfielder who at this rate will probably be needed in his natural position.

1 more striker might be the first priority but I think another midfielder and a right back are pretty much a necessity, hopefully BFS knows that, then ideally we can look at adding a second forward and midfielder to the squad.

links to the egyptian guy keeps coming up. lazy journalists or something in it nicko?

The Egyptian media seem a bit hysterical and are hyped after the Confederations Cup. Al-Muhammadi has been over once, thought he was coming again and thinks Rovers are about to buy him - or at least his club is pushing it.

You heard and saw Sam...it's a striker first, everyone else nowhere.

If the guy hasn't got fixed up by mid-July he might get another trial. There is no way he is being bought right now - either on recent form or the present asking price.

I think every last penny will be kept back until the striker is signed.

nicko

how do you rate chris mccann from our yorkshire friends.........keep hearing he is being hawked around as his agent believes he is worth more than what the dingles are offering to extend his contract.

tin hat on.........i think he ticks a lot of boxes and will take the prem in his stride

nicko

how do you rate chris mccann from our yorkshire friends.........keep hearing he is being hawked around as his agent believes he is worth more than what the dingles are offering to extend his contract.

tin hat on.........i think he ticks a lot of boxes and will take the prem in his stride

He won't be leaving. Still got a bit to learn anyway.

Any news involving Joe Cole, Nicko?

And what is wrong with Harry in this window, he normally tells all about his and others targetjava script:bbc_pop()s to anyone who wants to listen!

Spurs need to sell first and they are being very silly with their valuations.

Spurs need to sell first and they are being very silly with their valuations.

What is it with Spurs and valuations - they seam to pay over the top all the time. Bent and Bentley are going to cost them - and Keane is looking out as well - could either Bent or Keane be something for Blackburn or does Big Sam need a target player.

Agreed he is wearing pyjamas - if not then he must be getting paid a lot to wear that as a shirt.

Heard Stoke are interested in Martins from newcastle, as well as Owen. would they be off loading Beatie?

What is it with Spurs and valuations - they seam to pay over the top all the time. Bent and Bentley are going to cost them - and Keane is looking out as well - could either Bent or Keane be something for Blackburn or does Big Sam need a target player.

Doing a little something on Bent's valuation in the morning...he won't be heading this way, that's for sure.

Nicko,

I am curious to know what Sam has got in his backroom staff, scientists, fitness coaches, psychologists and medical!!

Sparky was hot in those areas and understood that Sam was too, I think lots of last years injuries, ie: Dunn, Grella and Roque wouldnt have happened with a proper regime in the backroom, I have always had the belief that if you do a good pre season and the proper cooldowns, ice baths etc, injuries should be kept to a minimum!!

I noticed under Souness, we had lots of hamstring problems and I also noticed early last season, many of the stretches before the games were static and not dynamic, I do wonder if Ince and his team contributed to some of the injuries we had!!

I also note, the staff at Ewood are confident that Grella, Dunn, Emerton and Reid look to be good and ready for pre season, there must be good reason for that, as well as Bennis directive on the amount of body fat he is carrying!!

Nicko,

I am curious to know what Sam has got in his backroom staff, scientists, fitness coaches, psychologists and medical!! SAM HAS NOT BROUGHT IN TOO MANY NEW STAFF MEMBERS...BUT THAT COULD CHANGE

Sparky was hot in those areas and understood that Sam was too, I think lots of last years injuries, ie: Dunn, Grella and Roque wouldnt have happened with a proper regime in the backroom, I have always had the belief that if you do a good pre season and the proper cooldowns, ice baths etc, injuries should be kept to a minimum!! DUNNY HAS A HISTORY OF INJURIES...SO DID ROQUE...THE GAME WAS JUST TOO QUICK FOR GRELLA

I noticed under Souness, we had lots of hamstring problems and I also noticed early last season, many of the stretches before the games were static and not dynamic, I do wonder if Ince and his team contributed to some of the injuries we had!! THE CHANGE IN BACK-UP TEAM WOULD CERTAONLY NOT HELP AS THE PLAYERS WEREUSED TO ONE REGIME AND ASKED TO ADJUST TO A NEW ONE THAT WAS LESS PROFESSIONAL

I also note, the staff at Ewood are confident that Grella, Dunn, Emerton and Reid look to be good and ready for pre season, there must be good reason for that, as well as Bennis directive on the amount of body fat he is carrying!! THE ONLY TEST OF THAT KIND OF TALK IS ON THE PITCH...I WOULD NOT RELY ON SEEING TOO MUCH OF THREE OF THOSE FOUR BEING FIT EVERY WEEK...I HOPE EMERTON IS BACK AS QUICK AS HAS BEEN SAID...

I know that story says it was last updated at the beginning of the year but I'm almost sure the story of him being on NZ$8M are well over a year old. Then when you bare in mind that the £ has fallen a fair bit in that time then it's possible that he's on less. :mellow:

'Kin hell...hard times for some eh! :rolleyes:

Dont like these stories of Sam having to sell before buying,although I did voice my concern over where the RSC money would be going.We need to buy big this Summer in both Attack and Midfield for crying out loud, we need quality players and squad strength in depth.

The point here is Nicko, under sparky both Dunny and Roque played almost 80% of the games during the previous season, strnge how a change and the old injuries return, I would put it down to proper preparation and modern techniques!!

The point here is Nicko, under sparky both Dunny and Roque played almost 80% of the games during the previous season, strnge how a change and the old injuries return, I would put it down to proper preparation and modern techniques!!

Dunny and Roque had major injury problems in the past and at other clubs - granted they had good spells under Sparky's regime - but in both cases they have recurring problems that take some managing.

Doing a little something on Bent's valuation in the morning...he won't be heading this way, that's for sure.

Bent was bought for something like 13-14 mill + add ons. Was it West Ham hiking up the price? And how come City have more succes with throwing money around than West Ham had? Are the simply just paying way way over the odds?

Do you know if there could be a possibility of a salary cap imposed?

Archived