BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

IF.

And IF we buy a 28 year old and he is 30 in 2 seasons and IF he bags 10 goals etc. is that not twice as good?

Who wants to watch Davies for two seasons anyway?

and IF Davies scores 30 goals in 1 season would that not be three times as good?

I doubt anyone wants to watch just Davies (a part from a few ladies maybe) but correct me if i'm wrong; won't most people want to see an affective stratagey that would see us rise up the table? and if Davies was a part of that would you complain then?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't, it opens July 1st. Teams just make deals before then though and they officially go through when the window opens.

I'm not sure why such a big deal is being made about what is really a technicality.

Wrong, the window has been open since 6pm 24th May. As has been mentioned, contracts run from July 1st to June 30th. This has nothing to do with the transfer window. Once the season ends you are free to sign who you want until August 31st.

i don't see how in any formation to sams liking benni fits in anywhere, whats he on 45k?. Surely he must be off this summer, while he being 31/32 has any resale value.

we need 4 strikers and in an 18-23 man squad that the manager and chaiman seem to want i'd imagine the 2nd choice big man striker will always be samba, i think roberts will likely be an option from the bench to upset defences leaving i'd imagine only 2 striking spots or only 1 if di santo actually does turn up here and with bennis wages gone we could really splash out big wages on someone that excites............and davies really does'nt excite as being ultra optimistic i can never see him getting enough goals to ever warrant 5m.

i don't see how in any formation to sams liking benni fits in anywhere, whats he on 45k?. Surely he must be off this summer, while he being 31/32 has any resale value.

we need 4 strikers and in an 18-23 man squad that the manager and chaiman seem to want i'd imagine the 2nd choice big man striker will always be samba, i think roberts will likely be an option from the bench to upset defences leaving i'd imagine only 2 striking spots or only 1 if di santo actually does turn up here and with bennis wages gone we could really splash out big wages on someone that excites............and davies really does'nt excite as being ultra optimistic i can never see him getting enough goals to ever warrant 5m.

I can't understand your fixation with Samba playing up front. I never want to see him start there ever again. If he does it 'll only mean one thing - we're in trouble !

Transfer windows vary from country to country, which is probably what causes the confusion. FIFA rulebook only says there will be a pre-season window and a mid-season window. In England, it starts at midnight on the night after the last game of the season and ends on 31 August, but in most other European countries (Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Scotland I think) it doesn't open until 1st July. Not sure how that affects international deals - if the buying club's window is open but the selling club's isn't, as appears to be the case with Givet.

Wrong, the window has been open since 6pm 24th May. As has been mentioned, contracts run from July 1st to June 30th. This has nothing to do with the transfer window. Once the season ends you are free to sign who you want until August 31st.

Did it used to be July 1st? I always thought it was for some reason. Ronaldo's transfer to Real is due to go through July 1st which is an odd coincidence: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8121951.stm

Maybe Europe opens theirs on July 1st.

I think there are two elements to this, after the season ends players are allowed to enter into pre contract agreements but as contracts run until the end of June, clubs are a bit reluctant to pay wages that would normallybe paid bythe selling club until July 1st which is the normal start of contracts in the UK.

Also, June is the time footballers go on holday with their families and friends, the only time they can do this, so lots of players ar away andout of contact!

next week things should hot up but hey, it adds to the excitement!!

Nothing to do with Rovers but certainly one you could class as a bargain buy.

Saviola has signed for Benfica 5m euro.

Huge wages I imagine.

Saviola

I wonder if this is the signing that will see Cardoza moving on or as his strike partner.

maybe it is Cardozo who is leaving.

But Nuno Gomes hasn't signed a new deal yet and Mantorras doesn't count.

So it might be Cardozo and Saviola up front for Benfica...

you know Davies would fit SA's profile and that he is good for those 10-12 goals a season.

For Bolton Kevin Davies has only scored over 10 goals once! That was his last season!

I posted his stats in the Davies thread. His assists get him over the 10 but then again goals are what you pay the money for.

Wasn't a fee of £1.5m mentioned when he was linked with Spurs the other week? A big signing on fee could compensate partly for a drop in wages but I'd be amazed if he was willing to come here. Would be an excellent signing tho.

Archived