BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are RVN's knees thou??? After stating that the team was to be pared down are we chasing a crock?

It's a huge gamble if we're to approach the coming season w/ 18 bodies.

Granted, he must be chomping at the bit to return and stick it to SAF, no?

Gignac at £10m according to the Daily Mail.. Too much for us, surely? Nicko?

Yes please.

Not that I think anyone of any importance would be listening to what I pose, but let's hope that this isn't the result of me saying he would be a good signing and would probably be workable at about 10 million...He'd be a great signing.

Ruud would be some signing but how much of a pay cut would he be willing to take from £120k?

I would be happy to take a chance on Owen, or Ruud for that instance. Injury prone players, i.e Bellamy have proved that it is worth taking a punt sometimes, and the clubs that appear to be courting Owen, would put us in a good position to land him.

I feel that he is still quality, and his ability to move behind the back 4, and pop up in the right places in the box may prove invaluable - also he is 30, and if he does well for a season, a season and a half, then there may be a profit in him if he can re-capture his england form.

There is no doubt, as well as Ruud, that they can both find the back of the net on a regular basis. Extremely satisfied that Sam even has them in his thoughts, this to me, is the ambition the club needs to show even if we don`t sign anyone fo that calibre.

Ruud is the ultimate striker, if you want someone who guarantees goals then he is the man.

I dont need to post his goals record but suffice to say it is unbelievably good, better than 1 in 2 every where he has been. You never know Sam could pull it off but would Ruud take a wage cut?

Yes cause he had a serious injury.

But his scoring record is beyond question, isnt it?

Something which has hit most players at one point or another.

Great finisher in his time.

Van Nistelrooy had TWO ops at Real in the past 17 months - one on his ankle, the other on his knee.

The second injury was so worrying that Real 'dropped' him from their official squad. I don't think he has played since November.

He makes Roque look like an advert for physical fitness.

That's like comparing Zidane with Tim Sherwood mate

He's 33 and had as many injuries as Reidy lately. Davies obviously wasn't in his league last time I saw both of them play but Van Nistelrooy is as old as Robbie Fowler and as healthy as Michael Owen. And on £120k a week at the moment. I don't think people should get too excited about the chances of this.

If he's in the six yard box he may be, but he can't score from further out (at least he never did at manu).

I'm not really bothered if he doesn't score Tugay screamers every game, as long as the ball ends up in the back of net.

You have to assume the injury record is what put Spurs off but again a heavily Goal and Appearance based contract might appeal to him and us.

I can't find it anywhere...but if the story about Rovers confirming they made a call about Kevin Davies has been printed could they post it here?

Nice to find out I wasn't hearing voices in my head about that one.

In return I will tell you what happened.

Archived