BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't find it anywhere...but if the story about Rovers confirming they made a call about Kevin Davies has been printed could they post it here?

Nice to find out I wasn't hearing voices in my head about that one.

In return I will tell you what happened.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/blackburn-bo...s-davies-253319

Can we take it he aint coming by the wording (hopefully)?

Cheers. I believe the local paper had to swallow even harder and go into more detail. Very revealing.

Davies WAS the first target...and probably still the best option.

Wondered if anyone can think of another English target man coming through? Watched under-21s briefly last night...and it is obvious that this is a major problem looming for England in the future. They are a dying breed.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/blackburn-bo...s-davies-253319

Can we take it he aint coming by the wording (hopefully)?

Like I say, I don't do wind-ups.

Wondered if anyone can think of another English target man coming through? Watched under-21s briefly last night...and it is obvious that this is a major problem looming for England in the future. They are a dying breed.

Well seeing as we're in the final it's not that worrying really. Football evolves and the "old fashion English centre forward" is a dying breed because the game is played differently now... Look at the top four, they don't use them and they aint doing too bad.

Well seeing as we're in the final it's not that worrying really. Football evolves and the "old fashion English centre forward" is a dying breed because the game is played differently now... Look at the top four, they don't use them and they aint doing too bad.

Torres, Adebayor, Drogba...no height there.

Your manager's style of play revolves around a good target man. Davies is the best available.

The reason Rovers were unwatchable at times last season is because you were asking players who could not play that role to perform it.

Surely SAF can't sell his "token" Scottish Player....he'll be selling Park next

So it is Darren Fletcher were on about, if he is up for offer we should be straight in there.

He is a decent player, better than anything we have in midfield.

I cant believe that United would be prepared to sell him.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...van_Nistelrooy/

Not a great deal about Davies but says Williams made a call and was told not for sale

Cheers again...

Allardyce has confirmed that chairman John Williams did make an enquiry about Davies but was told by Bolton that the former Rovers forward was not for sale. “John told me on Thursday that Kevin Davies is not available,” he said. “As far as I’m concerned that is it.”

So, the inquiry is confirmed.

As promised, in return...Bolton wanted #10 million.

Nice of the local paper to catch up with the tale six days later all the same.

Allardyce has confirmed that chairman John Williams did make an enquiry about Davies but was told by Bolton that the former Rovers forward was not for sale.

“John told me on Thursday that Kevin Davies is not available,” he said. “As far as I’m concerned that is it.”

Thank God for that!

Torres, Adebayor, Drogba...no height there.

Your manager's style of play revolves around a good target man. Davies is the best available.

The reason Rovers were unwatchable at times last season is because you were asking players who could not play that role to perform it.

Adebayor is off, Drogba is off and Torres may be tall but I wouldn't describe him as a target man really. He's hardly compariable with Emile Heskey for example. As for Rovers, I feel you've gone off on a bit of a tangent there as we were discussing the English national team's future. The fact no big English target men are coming through is irrelevant to us at present as they're are plenty available (English and foreign) right now.

Adebayor is off, Drogba is off and Torres may be tall but I wouldn't describe him as a target man really. He's hardly compariable with Emile Heskey for example. As for Rovers, I feel you've gone off on a bit of a tangent there as we were discussing the English national team's future. The fact no big English target men are coming through is irrelevant to us right now as they're are plenty available (English and foreign) available right now.

You said the big four don't use target men...three of them do...whether they are 'off' or not doesn't matter.

There are very few target man available. Why do you think Sam went for Davies, the one he knows and likes most?

And there are even less coming through at that marvellous young 're-sale' age people keep prattling on about.

10 million! That's a fairly emphatic PFO.

I don't get the unrest here, the window hasn't even opened yet, so there's time to check about. I don't think most people were against Davies, but it was all about price, and clearly there's a gap between our (the fans) valuation of him, Rovers valuation of him, Sam's valuation of him and of course, somewhere in the stratosphere, Bolton's valuation.

Looking around and hearing what players are on or are looking for, it's mind boggling, really. Reality doesn't seem a major factor in this at all...

Bolton were perfectly entitled to quote that price. He is their skipper, most important player and has three years left to run.

I am just glad Sam has been honest enough to admit Rovers went in for him. He would want that out there because he wants Davies to know as well...if he doesn't already.

When I broke the tale I did say it would spark a war...apparently that has been the case in more ways than one.

10 MILL???????????????????????????????#

That's a "hands-off" valuation, not a serious pricing.

Bloody hell.

Seems fair enough to me from their point of view. How much would he cost to replace? Plus any player brought in is a gamble and they have no fear of losing him on a free with his career tied up in his current contract.

I'd want us to do the same in a similar position.

Of course, I agree they can quote 10 mill, it's their right to.

My point was, it was a quote that wasn't a realistic valuation of his talents, but it was just designed to get us to eff off.

I wasn't saying anything profound I know, but it was just a bit of a shock to find that he was quoted for 10 mill

I think its about time we all realised and noted we dont have the funds we used to, and with the money we have we are not prepared to go for broke. Shame really but it will all end up with us going down in the next few seasons and half the people on here's Blackburn Rovers fairytale will end

Whats the score with Haary's four strikers down at Spurs. There cant be room for all of them, any we can snap up?

Pavlyuchenko would fit the big man role.

Bent is #18 million [honest, I'm not joking].

Pav is a big softie.

Keane and Defoe wouldn't make a target man if they stood on each other's shoulders.

Woah, woah. Steven Fletcher of Hibs and Scotland.

Ahhhh, that makes more sense.

On another note, I think that there is a chance that Sam`s comments on Owen may well be a smoke screen, in the fact that he is alerting everyone to his views on the injuries, as he has first hand knowledge of them, possibly to push the price down and detract potential suitors, while he courts Owen about a potential move and salary etc.

From his statements, he said he isn`t interested in Owen "at this time" - well that means the present, which could be completely different in a week to a months time. Plus Chester to Brockhall may not require a daily helicopter joy ride :rover:

On another note, I think that there is a chance that Sam`s comments on Owen may well be a smoke screen, in the fact that he is alerting everyone to his views on the injuries, as he has first hand knowledge of them, possibly to push the price down and detract potential suitors, while he courts Owen about a potential move and salary etc.

From his statements, he said he isn`t interested in Owen "at this time" - well that means the present, which could be completely different in a week to a months time. Plus Chester to Brockhall may not require a daily helicopter joy ride :rover:

Sam doesn't fancy the guy...or his wages.

Think Owen's fate will be decided very shortly.

Sunday People might have the answer in the morning. ;)

Pav is a big softie.

Keane and Defoe wouldn't make a target man if they stood on each other's shoulders.

Think you may need to change your regional settings and keyboard settings as your £`s are coming out as #`s :rolleyes:

Pav is a big softie.

Redknapps always taken the ###### but £18m is astounding. How much is Sandra Redknapp worth then?!?!

He's been trying to bump up Huddleston's value by claiming he wants to keep him now......

For what its worth, I think Davies would do a fine job, and from your earlier posts I can only assume that we should expect Davies to start pushing for a move shortly?

The midfielder. The one who's name would get you killed. Is that killed by your source, or by us if he's an even mor controvertial name than Davies?

.....like Nolan?

Archived