BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best solution for Tuncay IMO would be for him to be "loaned" out for a year with a club picking up all his wages.

Boro could then hope to be promoted next year and take him back.

You are far too sensible. You have no place in football. :lol:

nicko in your opinion, if the Di Santo deal falls through, do you think the sound of war drums will intensify (internally), or will they be heard/directed even louder at the breeze block.

Sam said yesterday he would blow the whole budget if needed on one player.????

Arango was mentioned on here yesterday. Signing for Borussia Munchengladbach for around £2.75 million. Interesting player but not likely to have been on the Rovers radar in all reality.

Amazing, Saviola and Arango for a combined fee of under 7m.

nicko in your opinion, if the Di Santo deal falls through, do you think the sound of war drums will intensify (internally), or will they be heard/directed even louder at the breeze block.

Sam said yesterday he would blow the whole budget if needed on one player.????

Di Santo should happen, but until it is done there is obviously a bit of a worry.

I get the feeling we are going to move to a phase of watching targets in pre-season games and deciding whether to move for them.

Davies won't go away obviously. The only 'plus' on that side is that no-one will outbid you because no-one values him more than Sam.

It's going to be a fascinating few weeks. At least you have the Roque and Derbs money, so you know what you have to spend. Finding the right one is not easy. If Di Santo fell through it would be a nightmare.

Good player, should have gone further. FABULOUS TALENT, NO PACE...BUT PLAYING HIS BEST STUFF FOR YEARS UNDER THE GREAT MAN

Any word on Irvine? WAS HOPING TO GET THE WEST BROM CALL YESTERDAY...STILL WAITING...WHAT PRICE IS DI MATTEO?

Saviola signs for Benfica in a £4m deal.. Unproven in the Premiership, but still. What an exciting addition it would have been.. Still only 27 too.

Oh well.

Talented player, very small and has hardly kicked a ball in anger in the past three years. Not the target man you need after Roque.

Talented player, very small and has hardly kicked a ball in anger in the past three years. Not the target man you need after Roque.

Hardly a target man :lol: for anything above knee height, playing off the target man is a whole new ball game. (KD) type.

Not the best relationship with the managers and owners to be fair.

Nicko, I know Gudjonsen has been after big wages in the past but would he not come down to a reasonable level in order to play in the EPL again - hopefully for us?

It would take quite some cut for him to come to Rovers. Plus there is still a fee. And I don't think he wants to get hurt any more by playing target man...and that - I hate to bang on - is what you want and need.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/...ers-move-report

christian vieri linked to blackburn..too old in my opinion tho...

there is no way we will get ruud van nistelrooy...

Saw that and laughed out loud. He might well want to join Rovers but at 36 he is going to age the squad considerably than it is now. Think that has any legs Nicko? I doubt it but you never know.

Saw that and laughed out loud. He might well want to join Rovers but at 36 he is going to age the squad considerably than it is now. Think that has any legs Nicko? I doubt it but you never know.

Old and creaky ones.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/...ers-move-report

christian vieri linked to blackburn..too old in my opinion tho...

there is no way we will get ruud van nistelrooy...

Cor the so called targets are getting older and older - Davies 32, RVN 33 and now Vieri 36. It is ironic that on this board many complained about rovers being linked with Davies because he is 32 years old - yet happy with an injury prone RVN who is 33 years old.

Archived