BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to provide another update on M'Bia, it is now being reported that a move to England is the most likely outcome for him this summer. The general manager of Rennes has said that there are three clubs interested, this might fit Nicko's rule, but we already know that Everton and Marseille have been in contact so it may hold some truth. Both L'Equipe and the paper I read this morning are speculating that it might be City.

Just checked out the Eidur Gudjohnsen idea with someone who tried to bring him over...

The big chap does not fancy the Prem too much any more. Looking for a big pay day elsewhere.

Of course, he may not get the deal he wants in Italy or Turkey, so he could have a change of heart.

Just to provide another update on M'Bia, it is now being reported that a move to England is the most likely outcome for him this summer. The general manager of Rennes has said that there are three clubs interested, this might fit Nicko's rule, but we already know that Everton and Marseille have been in contact so it may hold some truth. Both L'Equipe and the paper I read this morning are speculating that it might be City.

Everton would take him if the price is right - around £4 or £5 million. Would make him cheaper than their other midfield target Joe Ledley at Cardiff.

Just checked out the Eidur Gudjohnsen idea with someone who tried to bring him over...

The big chap does not fancy the Prem too much any more. Looking for a big pay day elsewhere.

Of course, he may not get the deal he wants in Italy or Turkey, so he could have a change of heart.

Everton would take him if the price is right - around £4 or £5 million. Would make him cheaper than their other midfield target Joe Ledley at Cardiff.

nicko, are West Ham still in any financial trouble or are they all sorted now, just wondered how much Carlton Cole would be if were looking for someone to play the target man role, still young and english if that matters.

Probably unlikely, I'd guess in todays market they'd want 10m for him, even if accepted I'm not sure if he'd swap WHAM and Zola for us Rovers and BFS.

I sincerley hope there is no truth in the Vieri rumour, where in the hell did that quote come from? He's been past it for 2 or 3 years, would literally do a worse job than Fowler.

I think RVN is just wishful thinking too, even if he was prepared to come for a paycut I'm sure there would be other takers who could offer a little bit more. He'd get us goals presuming we can get the ball to him in the box but as nicko said he does have injury problems as well, we'd be just as well off with Owen probably.

Any news on Rothen now BFS is back?

On the Di Santo deal, I hear Shevchenko intends to see out his Chelsea contract and return on the 7th of July for pre season training, I'm assuming it's the same for everyone so the earliest Di Santo is looked at won't be till 7th of July? Nervous couple of weeks wait until then!

Cor the so called targets are getting older and older - Davies 32, RVN 33 and now Vieri 36. It is ironic that on this board many complained about rovers being linked with Davies because he is 32 years old - yet happy with an injury prone RVN who is 33 years old.

RVN is class and still has it, Davies is a carthorse.

In all seriousness Nicko, could you float Pogrebnyak's name amongst your sources at Ewood?

Given the mould of player we're looking for, I would love to at least know the ACTUAL, DEFINITIVE REASON why we're not pursuing him.

Because Sam's the manager!

10m Striker link

Id be delighted if that was true - nicko???

The way I see things so far this window is that we have done great business so far. We have got shut of RSC asap for big money, we then cut Derbyshire who isnt good enough, and we have let some ageing players go, aswell as setting up moves for some other young players to leave.

Sam now has the funds to work with and a much better wage budget with room to move.

IN SAM we should trust.

Nicko i would of thought Sam would of showed some interest in Maniche.

Have you heard his name mentioned ?

Following on from Sam's comments yesterday, the priority first is to purchase at least 1 striker. Therefore you would think a midfielder won't be brought in, even on a free, until we have signed one.

Sounds like Sam is prepared to blow most if not all the budget on a striker if the right one becomes available. Not a decision I would personally make after years of it being blatantly obvious that our midfield isn't up to scratch, but he's the manager and he will live or die by his decisions (career wise obviously).

After the news in the LT that Dunny, Reidy and Emerton are looking like being fit for pre-season its looking like Sam is going to take a huge gamble on them keeping fit.

Seen a bit of Gignac and would be very, very happy to see him come to the club. 23 years old (potential resale value) and will become a real star if he fulfils his huge potential. £10 million is a lot i know but in the long term it could be a bargain.

10m Striker link

Id be delighted if that was true - nicko???

The way I see things so far this window is that we have done great business so far. We have got shut of RSC asap for big money, we then cut Derbyshire who isnt good enough, and we have let some ageing players go, aswell as setting up moves for some other young players to leave.

Sam now has the funds to work with and a much better wage budget with room to move.

IN SAM we should trust.

I think it is a classic two-plus-two job. Gignac has moaned about Toulouse selling one of his pals. They sell players for BIG dough and he is a French international...so he won't be cheap.

Right now anything is possible, but I would say Gignac is unlikely. Very unlikely.

I think it is a classic two-plus-two job. Gignac has moaned about Toulouse selling one of his pals. They sell players for BIG dough and he is a French international...so he won't be cheap.

Right now anything is possible, but I would say Gignac is unlikely. Very unlikely.

Thanks Nicko for being so optimistic lol.

Anyway Mr Nixon dare i bring their names up again, but any further news on Barton and Nolan? Are there any clubs considering taking a gamble on them?

Interesting, he's fantastic on Football Manager and Everton pay SI for the database prior to release... Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

He's not quite as good in real life, but a very good player now with the potential to improve. He's very well known though, so I'm sure even without FM plenty of clubs would know about him, especially as he is being very public about wanting to move.

Anyway Mr Nixon dare i bring their names up again, but any further news on Barton and Nolan? Are there any clubs considering taking a gamble on them?

Barton is happy to be picking up his wages at Newcastle and wants to earn them next season. If they ever get round to finding an owner and a manager we shall see how that progresses.

Nolan is on monster money and Hull want him but need the Toon to subsidise the deal.

Right now there won't be any money set aside for a midfielder.

It's a striker [or two] first.

Archived