BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting, he's fantastic on Football Manager and Everton pay SI for the database prior to release... Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Moyes is notorious for being careful and taking his time. Not sure he will have based that call on Football Manager mind you... ;)

Barton is happy to be picking up his wages at Newcastle and wants to earn them next season. If they ever get round to finding an owner and a manager we shall see how that progresses.

Nolan is on monster money and Hull want him but need the Toon to subsidise the deal.

Right now there won't be any money set aside for a midfielder.

It's a striker [or two] first.

Does that mean we'll be bypassing midfield next season?

:(

looks good but we haven't spend any of the 13 million that we have seiterdes free rothen almost free van nixtelrooy 2.5 max and vieri will pay us to play so i think we need one fast young striker for about 4 million and di santo and one creative midfielder for 6 million ish and we can sell benni and roberts as well.

so then we have

Seiterides Givet Samba Warnock

Pederson Creative midfielder Grella Rothen

Vieri

Van Nistelrooy

Subs: Fast Striker Di Santo Nelson Dunn Reid Elrio Diouf

I think that should do us! Hoping our strikers dont die before the season starts.

Moyes is notorious for being careful and taking his time. Not sure he will have based that call on Football Manager mind you... ;)

Wasn't really suggesting he hadn't checked him out and was buying him solely because of that, but would be interesting to know if he was alerted by the game. Out of interest you don't happen to play the game do you Nicko?

Don't know if that's sarcastic, but we need players up-front who can put a shift in.

Yeah was being a little sarcastic John. But could you have ever imagined we would have a strike pair up front of RVN and Vieri. I cant see either joining, but for me we should take a gamble on either Gignac or Janko. Get in Di Santo and try and get Benni into shape somehow. My main concern is still our midfield creativity, and we cant afford to rely on Dunn and Reid to stay fit im afraid to say.

Who will replace Dunn after 18 minutes?

Thats why my main concern is our midffield. We cant afford to spend all our money on a striker. Remember we still have Diouf and Elrio.

Wasn't really suggesting he hadn't checked him out and was buying him solely because of that, but would be interesting to know if he was alerted by the game. Out of interest you don't happen to play the game do you Nicko?

Mrs Nicko would be delighted by the idea of another obsession...better keep away from it. ;)

To be fair Moyes has checked out both M'Bia and Ledley often. Possibly too often. In this case it's which looks like being the best deal - I think they will take one of the two.

Does that mean we'll be bypassing midfield next season?

:(

There is a very easy gag here. But I will not make it.

There is a very easy gag here. But I will not make it.

:( God almighty this is so f****** depressing.

For the past two seasons our club has had two European Cup-winning strikers (Benni and Roque) - granted their talent and class is offset by Jason Roberts' inability to control a football - but now we find ourselves pining for a thundering lump from Bolton who hasn't even had an international cap so that we can adopt the "style" Allardyce wants to implement.

I was delighted to see the Van Nistelrooy link but can't imagine for a second that will come off.

Will you check with your sources re:Pogrebnyak Nicko?

ok nicko who do you think we will sign

IDEAL TARGET

Kevin Davies...too dear [at the moment].

OLD TARGETS

Nicola Zigic...oh dear...Valencia want rid, horrible feeling you will end up with him.

Mark Janko...been watched, inquiry made six months ago...possibly to be watched again...treat with caution.

Edin Dzeko...watched but always out of reach...won title in Germany, now bound for big things.

NEW TARGETS

Too many to mention...some decent, some dodgy doing the rounds.

MIGHT BE ONE NAMED IN THE SUNDAY PEOPLE TOMORROW...but he is only a possible.

DISMISS

Peter Crouch...too dear...was the target in January, but didn't fancy it...let him take his silly dances elsewhere.

Darren Bent...far too dear...finisher, not Big Sam type.

Tuncay...too dear...not really a central striker.

Michael Owen...not fit.

Ruud van Nistelrooy...massive wages...massive medical.

Obviously I have Di Santo 'counted' too although I will be happier when it is done.

Otherwise it is two of the above.

looks good but we haven't spend any of the 13 million that we have seiterdes free rothen almost free van nixtelrooy 2.5 max and vieri will pay us to play so i think we need one fast young striker for about 4 million and di santo and one creative midfielder for 6 million ish and we can sell benni and roberts as well.

so then we have

Seiterides Givet Samba Warnock

Pederson Creative midfielder Grella Rothen

Vieri

Van Nistelrooy

Subs: Fast Striker Di Santo Nelson Dunn Reid Elrio Diouf

I think that should do us! Hoping our strikers dont die before the season starts.

I'll have what you're on

I personally would be happy with Zigic, he is a very good target man and scored 13 goals in 19 apps last season in La Liga, very impressive. He is also about to turn 29 so age wise its not really a concern.

Nicko- any idea how much Valencia are looking for and what type of wages Zigic is on? Just wanted to see if this is a realistic signing or not. Also are you naming a decent player or a dodgy one tomorrow in the People?

From the admittedly little I've seen of Zigic he's a (very) poor man's Crouch - i.e. Crouch without the ball control. Would be nervous about him.

I'm very concerned about the lack of focus on midfield, myself. I think it's an area we desperately need strengthening, but having sold two strikers we need replacements there too.

But what the hell to I know!

I personally would be happy with Zigic, he is a very good target man and scored 13 goals in 19 apps last season in La Liga, very impressive. He is also about to turn 29 so age wise its not really a concern.

Nicko- any idea how much Valencia are looking for and what type of wages Zigic is on? Just wanted to see if this is a realistic signing or not. Also are you naming a decent player or a dodgy one tomorrow in the People?

Zigic has re-sale value too...in the timber trade.

Valencia are skint and want rid, so there is a deal to be done.

It doesn't fit with the 'I'd blow my budget on a good striker' profile. But I just have these nightmares about him coming.

The guy named in the People is ok, cheap but not a bad thought that has been put in. Not sure it will be used as the football is being squeezed because some pop star has died apparently.

Blame it on the boogie.

tim borowski could be leaving bayen munich this summer with former club werder bremen interested , experienced , 6ft+ , good passer , technically sound , i wonder what the fee would be?

Nicko, can you please stop mocking the concept of 're-sale value'?

Our club operate on a shoe-string budget, one that will grow tighter every year that goes by without obtaining outside investment. For the long-term future of the club, it is important that we bring in player whom we can develop and sell on for a profit or, otherwise, manage to recoup some of their transfer fee. Bringing in the likes of Grella for £4m and Davies for £5m is financial suicide.

We're struggling at the moment to get anybody in, think how much we'd be struggling if we hadn't have bought Roque and made the profit on him that we did.

Nicko, can you please stop mocking the concept of 're-sale value'?

Our club operate on a shoe-string budget, one that will grow tighter every year that goes by without obtaining outside investment. For the long-term future of the club, it is important that we bring in player whom we can develop and sell on for a profit or, otherwise, manage to recoup some of their transfer fee. Bringing in the likes of Grella for £4m and Davies for £5m is financial suicide.

We're struggling at the moment to get anybody in, think how much we'd be struggling if we hadn't have bought Roque and made the profit on him that we did.

Re-sale value is important to the club, but you CANNOT let it be a handicap on your current chase for a striker.

It is hard enough finding the ideal striker without putting this daft restraint on it.

Judging by some of the alternatives to Kevin Davies that have been bandied about within the club in the last week I would think it is safe to say that 're-sale value' is not much of a concern right now.

Winning games, putting out a strong team and staying in the Premier League are the three most important factors.

Re-sale value is a bonus. Right now it would be a pain to apply it to a very difficult search for a striker.

In Zigic's case I can see the point. He would make a good lamp post.

if michael owen (age 29 on a free transfer) were to come and score 15 goals in 30 games this season , we could sell him on and get a fee of what?? 3-4-5m quid??

if RVN (age 33 £1.5m transfer fee and lets be honest similar wages to owen ) comes and scores 15 goals in 30 games this season would we be able to get 3-4-5m quid for him??

so is re-sale value an issue?

Our club operate on a shoe-string budget, one that will grow tighter every year that goes by without obtaining outside investment. For the long-term future of the club, it is important that we bring in player whom we can develop and sell on for a profit or, otherwise, manage to recoup some of their transfer fee.

Says who?

There's no guarantee of a sell on value with anyone tcj. All they need to do is run down their contract.

On top of that, where do we find these players who we can magically transform into profit, without taking a big risk on unknowns?

Archived