BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I think I should make one point here, under Sparky, two players with a history of injuries, plyed a good 80% plus games (Dunn and Roque) I wonder, whichI have suggested previously, how much of that was due to Sparkys backroom team and training methods???

Sam follows a similar type of beliefs and possibly the unproffessional and arcaic methods of Ince could have contributed to the injuries last year (Emerton excluded) we shall see, but I saw these problems early last season and the alarming results against poor opposion in Austria suggest our pre season work was not up to scratch, I think we will see a much fitter and a more injury free squad than last year (breaks and Cruciates excluded)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed Bobby. Also it's worth noting that our terrible record of hamstring injuries and similar niggles followed Souness to Newcastle.

It's no coincidence that Hughes got nearly full seasons from injury plagued players like Bellamy and Cruz.

I think I should make one point here, under Sparky, two players with a history of injuries, plyed a good 80% plus games (Dunn and Roque) I wonder, whichI have suggested previously, how much of that was due to Sparkys backroom team and training methods???

Sam follows a similar type of beliefs and possibly the unproffessional and arcaic methods of Ince could have contributed to the injuries last year (Emerton excluded) we shall see, but I saw these problems early last season and the alarming results against poor opposion in Austria suggest our pre season work was not up to scratch, I think we will see a much fitter and a more injury free squad than last year (breaks and Cruciates excluded)

I preferred Shankly's psychological approach. Anybody got injured and he refused to even speak or acknowledge them! They found themselves back in the reserves and had to work like hell to get back in the first team. Consequently Lpool put out the first team week in week out month after month. When asked by a TV reporter how Lpool were able to do this he replied somewhat dismissively 'Liverpool players dinnae get injured son' and refused to elaborate further.

Says who?

There's no guarantee of a sell on value with anyone tcj. All they need to do is run down their contract.

On top of that, where do we find these players who we can magically transform into profit, without taking a big risk on unknowns?

Bayern Munich bench? Arsenal Reserves?

I think I'm less concerned about the sell on than I am about spending 5 million for a striker who has scored 1 in 5 in his career. I'd be willing to spend 5 million on RVN not coming off of injury, for example (coming off of injury 2 or so sounds about right).

I do agree with the basic point that we need to find a mix, but there are bargains to be found and Sam is supposed to have the scouting network that can find them.

Mr Maxwell had a very very similar writing style and an even more similar IP to a previously banned member.

We'll just leave it at that.

so the IP address is NO exact then ?

I thought or was under the impression that ip addresses are unique, does that not offer BM some kind of defence like Innocent until proven guilty ?

nicko- as far as I can tell there is no mention in The People of the striker you mentioned, could you tell us who he is?

Frederic Piquionne...in final par.

Would like to know his current form from our French friends.

He was a handful before he went to Lyon but looks to have made the wrong move.

Reasonable choice at a low-ish price.

Who's in line for the PNE job then. ;)

It's getting very close to being Alan Irvine...

With the striker options being drawed up on the board here, I realize that signing Amr Zaki would be the BEST possible move for Blackburn at this time, both ability,potential,money and agewise !

Sam is close to Steve Bruce...I think a call to him might end that interest very swiftly.

I think that I would prefer Mido over Zaki. SEE ABOVE...

meanwhile breaking news, Eto turns down Barca offer and appears enroute to City for a STRATOSPHERIC OFFER ASTONISHINGLY THAT SEEMS TO BE CORRECT...GOT TO TAKE THIS MAN CITY MOB SERIOUSLY...WONDER WHAT ROQUE THINKS?

Archived