BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29. I wouldn't mind seeing him back here.

too right...probably in all honesty one of the most exciting players I have witness at rovers...his pace would be essential...just not sure if he is a Sam player

too right...probably in all honesty one of the most exciting players I have witness at rovers...his pace would be essential...just not sure if he is a Sam player

And his

wages may be a problem now too, as will anyone who leaves City in the future!!

deja Vous Newcastle anyone???

Having not had internet access for a few days, i've spent all morning trawling through this thread in between working. Obviously i've heard rumours in the press etc... and watch Sam's interview on Sky Sports News. But this mornings overview has raised a few issues for me.

The RSC and Derbs money. I would not be at all suprised if the Givet fee has come out of that. Seems too big a coincidence that it was "a done deal" weeks ago, but has only just been completed. I suspect the coffers couldn't even cover paying that upfront. If this is the case then it significantly reduces whatever we may have expected to be spent on a striker.

We have all been foolish enough to believe we will have a healthy transfer kitty at some stage. The cold harsh reality is we probably won't have. Nicko eluded to the fact some pages back that Sam may sell more 1st teamers if the right offer comes along. I truly believe that Everton will dig their heels in over Lescott. As such i would not be at all suprised to see our very own Chris Samba playing in light blue next year. I think Sam may well be expecting the same. As has been mentioned, Givet at £3.5m is an expensive back up. But with Samba gone he is an adequate replacement.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy - I love it when we're linked with players of his ilk. Rovers have needed to self promote for a long long time. The press negativity is born from comments, ney excuses heard from previous management regimes. Openly being linked to such names is a great way to give ourselves some coverage. Will it happen? Probably not. But its nice to know Sam will explore such avenues.

Kevin Davies. People talk about him in this target man role as if he has played there all his life. When Southampton signed him he was a winger/ wide midfielder. I think it is more than possible to transform a player into a decent target man. I know it wont help us this season, but if we could sign a young lad of the the right frame it could be an position we could mould him into. I'm not talking about Samba before anyone suggests i am. But a striker of a particular size could be taught to play that role successfully for the future.

Edit - I know its not a simple as that. But it is possible to convert someone with all the right attributes into a decent target man. Think of Kuqi but with decent ball control!!

The RSC and Derbs money. I would not be at all suprised if the Givet fee has come out of that. Seems too big a coincidence that it was "a done deal" weeks ago, but has only just been completed. I suspect the coffers couldn't even cover paying that upfront. If this is the case then it significantly reduces whatever we may have expected to be spent on a striker.

His kidda was ill and then he was on holiday, I think the decision had already been made to keep him and wasn't dependent upon incoming funds.

His kidda was ill and then he was on holiday, I think the decision had already been made to keep him and wasn't dependent upon incoming funds.

I hope you're right Bryan. I just seem to get more cynical with every passing year when it comes to transfer funds.

I hope you're right Bryan. I just seem to get more cynical with every passing year when it comes to transfer funds.

dont worry what bryan said is correct his newborn baby was ill in hospital so the club and givet personally didnt want to rush into getting the contract signed so they waited for givet's child to get out off hospital and then they let him have a break first as since the end off the season he was in hospital everyday but the deal was already done ! :)

Nicko: meanwhile breaking news, Eto turns down Barca offer and appears enroute to City for a STRATOSPHERIC OFFER ASTONISHINGLY THAT SEEMS TO BE CORRECT...GOT TO TAKE THIS MAN CITY MOB SERIOUSLY...WONDER WHAT ROQUE THINKS?

Probably that he has a world class player joining his club which can only be good for the team?

One is a target man, the other is not.

Bellamy on the other hand...

Nicko: meanwhile breaking news, Eto turns down Barca offer and appears enroute to City for a STRATOSPHERIC OFFER ASTONISHINGLY THAT SEEMS TO BE CORRECT...GOT TO TAKE THIS MAN CITY MOB SERIOUSLY...WONDER WHAT ROQUE THINKS?

Probably that he has a world class player joining his club which can only be good for the team?

I can't see Santa Cruz and E,to starting too many games together.

I have got to say this is the most extraordinary time in transfer history...Man City have just gone mental...Tevez is coming too...where do they all play?

But what fringe men want to move when they are probably on £80,000-a-week.

This game makes no sense any more.

• Backroom
Good to see we are only adding first team players to the wage bill so far this summer, Elrio van Heerden and N’Zonzi?

You seriously object to signing a couple of young lads with potential for next to nothing and presumably low wages?

Why not? One target man and a pacey goal scorer - seems like a good combination to me. Admittedly RSC will most probably be rotated, but I bet he will start more games than he is on the bench.

Not many teams start with two up front these days, even the top sides. Can't see E,to on either wing really especially with Robinho, Tevez, Petrov and SWP for competition. If E,to does sign I bet he starts more games than Santa Cruz. Given his injury problems Santa's probably happy to spend most of the time on the bench.

You seriously object to signing a couple of young lads with potential for next to nothing and presumably low wages?

I am not objecting, just goes against comments that we don't have to replace departing players (and that we need to trim the squad). It is likely they will be on lowish wages, but it all adds up.

Personally, am intrigued by the French midfielder.

Archived