BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Backroom

I honestly know nothing about this N'zonzi chap but it is relatively low risk and potential high reward if it comes off.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City will be very confident of breaking into the top 4 if they sign possibly one top quality center back.

The front line is frightening.

If I was Liverpool or Arsenal, Id be a bit worried and with United rebuilding this season and Chelsea not yet showing their intent in the market, it could be a year where City break into the top 4.

I have got to say this is the most extraordinary time in transfer history...Man City have just gone mental...Tevez is coming too...where do they all play?

But what fringe men want to move when they are probably on £80,000-a-week.

This game makes no sense any more.

So are Man City the first club in the Premier League that could field an entire side of forwards, including a sub?

Robinho, Eto'o, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Sturridge, Caicedo, Benjani, Jo, Vassell, Evans, Bojinov

Who's going in goal? :wacko::blink:

I'd love it if we some how managed to tie up a deal for RVN (i realise it is v. unlikely)

Also i wonder if BSA is keeping an eye on Bellamys situation at Eastlands? He is at best 5th choice striker now!

Tevez Etoo RSC and Robinho are going to take some getting past! Sam really could take advantage of this.

Bellamy and RVN would be brilliant......Still expecting a Davies McCarthy forward line though!

Come on Big Sam.......Its your time to shine.

I have got to say this is the most extraordinary time in transfer history...Man City have just gone mental...Tevez is coming too...where do they all play?

But what fringe men want to move when they are probably on £80,000-a-week.

This game makes no sense any more.

Lescott will be next....

So are Man City the first club in the Premier League that could field an entire side of forwards, including a sub?

Robinho, Eto'o, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Sturridge, Caicedo, Benjani, Jo, Vassell, Evans, Bojinov

Who's going in goal? :wacko::blink:

:wacko: I have got to admit that's utterly insane.. Surely there has to be an opportunity there somewhere lol

I really would not be shocked with that sort of line-up to see Hughes going for one of those mad front line formations like the old Galactico one.. But I am surely expecting one or two defence based signings as well..

I have to admit it would be entertaining to see a crazy 4-2-2(drifting)-1-1 formation in the EPL lol

Where would all those forward based signing leave the likes of Simon Ireland.. Elano and co.. both a bit on the crazy side but nice little players.

Quote nicko.......... meanwhile breaking news, Eto turns down Barca offer and appears enroute to City for a STRATOSPHERIC OFFER ASTONISHINGLY THAT SEEMS TO BE CORRECT...GOT TO TAKE THIS MAN CITY MOB SERIOUSLY...WONDER WHAT ROQUE THINKS?

I'd assume that RSC would have been in the know on this one. More like Bellamy will be having a hissy fit.

I'd assume that RSC would have been in the know on this one. More like Bellamy will be having a hissy fit.

Roque might get a start, but will probably settle for taking the cash and only exercising his dodgy knees when absolutely necessary.

Bellamy thinks he will start. Hughes does love him. I suspect he won't. But as he only ever manages to stay fit for half a season it might dovetial well with the rest of them.

quote name='Bobby G' date='Jun 28 2009, 15:23 ' post='781564']

City will be very confident of breaking into the top 4 if they sign possibly one top quality center back.

If I was Liverpool or Arsenal, Id be a bit worried and with United rebuilding this season and Chelsea not yet showing their intent in the market, it could be a year where City break into the top 4.

It is but rem they can still only field 11. If this lot don't gel straight away and get off the marks double quick then Hughes will be history by October.

It is but rem they can still only field 11. If this lot don't gel straight away and get off the marks double quick then Hughes will be history by October.

It is complete lunacy but it is putting some life into the transfer market.

Look at the top four - Man U have lost two goalscorers, Liverpool are skint, Chelsea are too but won't admit it, Arsenal will no doubt sign a couple of teens.

Man City could realistically challenge for the title. Mind you, they need a defence first...

It is complete lunacy but it is putting some life into the transfer market.

Look at the top four - Man U have lost two goalscorers, Liverpool are skint, Chelsea are too but won't admit it, Arsenal will no doubt sign a couple of teens.

Man City could realistically challenge for the title. Mind you, they need a defence first...

Hahaha there all skint yet got alot more cash than us to spend.......And we think weve got a fair bit to play with this summer!

Football really is crazy!!!!! were suppose to compete with these guys! :wacko:

The opening game of the season will be a media circus at Ewood, a feeding frenzy of the worlds press. We'll be the Sky match, 1st up on MoTD and I'll wager that we'll hardly get a mention! :angry:

Time to sign Davies, Barton and Smith imo! No matter how much they are on those city slickers wont like it up em thats for sure.

Stranger things have happened and if they sign a couple more quality players, I too can see them as outsiders for the title, depending on their start to the season. However, they need to have that FIGHT, that HUNGER and I have my doubt that the players have it YET.

The opening game of the season will be a media circus at Ewood, a feeding frenzy of the worlds press. We'll be the Sky match, 1st up on MoTD and I'll wager that we'll hardly get a mention! :angry:

Time to sign Davies, Barton and Smith imo! No matter how much they are on those city slickers wont like it up em thats for sure.

The good thing is that it will deffo be a full house. So everyone wins. I'm all for it in the long-run. It's going to be fun. Total madness, but entertainment.

The big four havehad their own way for long enough, watching City have a go will be great.

Sad to say it means everyone else is probably aiming at sixth place next season.

But if one of the current big four start missing out on the Champions League cash it could seriously damage their health.

I know were digressing but please AN City need to build a team that walks before it runs.

its no good buying star after star, they have to gel and create a team ethic. Now, I would love to see a team like City demolish the current top 4 but, simply buying like they are is not the way forward.

Hughes is a like a kid in a sweet shop.

Too much buying and not enough thinking behind the purchases, its like the wife when she goes to the supermarket, buys because she simply has to !

The current squad is growing and growing, egos are being massaged and before they know it, the stars who were signed in phase 1 are quickly being replaced in phase 2. The money aspect beggars belief because the players on the way out are going to find difficulties obtaining new clubs because of the wage factor.

City, always a circus, are a time bomb waiting to explode. They are either going to fill the trophy cabinet with every peice of silverware on offer for the next 5 years or they are going to go bust when the Shiek walks away with another plaything.

No matter what happens, they are going to be upsetting football fans, football players and the applecart along the way, because for me, no matter who they buy or sell, I still dont see them being established in the top two in English football and I certainly dont see them being in the top 7 of world football.

Could their fans replace Chelsea and Manure as the most despised in football ? The answer is YES they can :unsure:

STILL LAUGHING :lol:

"Get it Up Em"

Id love it if we just kicked them off the park, its wont be tidy but it will be very funny and we'd be the leagues most loved team.......for a day or so!

unless Rovers actually get a result, preferably a win.

They will do it this year - if they cannot with the squad they are getting together now, then it will be a diliberate act to get rid of hughes or whatever motive. A front line that they have got will send them to the top. They might not yet have a defence, but they'll be too many goals up to bother!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived