BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another injury prone player. Not exactly what we need.

Im from Denmark and he is not Injury Prone, he broke his shoulder against Portugal just as he came to Everton. And when he was at Hannover the coach did´t play him because he did´t buy him.

I think we gonna have a great signing here, he is offensive and agressiv so lets just be happy that we get Danish International for free. i could be much worse than this :-)

Strikers we could get and I think would be able to adapt to Premier League:

- Marc Janko (Red Bull Salzburg)

- Danko Lazovic (PSV Eindhoven)

- Nikola Zigic (Valencia)

- Andre- Pierre Gignac (Toulose)

- Mladen Petric (Hamburg)

- Mohamed Zidan (Dortmund)

- Mario Mandzukic (Dinamo Zagreb)

- Alvaro Negredo (Almeria)

- Vedad Ibisevic (Hoffenheim)

Of these I would hope for Gignac, Negredo or Mandzukic I think. Even though I would be pleased with everyone of them.

Jakobsen would be great RB. Like Danish guy said he isn´t injury prone. There´s no way he could heve played his best football for Everon this spring. After long shoulder injury and not a single PL match under his belt he did well. He´s on very good age and after all..FREE! Happy if this one goes through.

Jacobsen's agent refused to comment on specific club names, but admitted that he would sign for a new club very soon. He's been good whenever I've seen him play for Denmark, and I think this might be a very shrewd deal by Sam. No transfer fee, probably not on high wages, and he's got lots of international experience. You don't get to play for the Danish team if you're absolute pants - they've actually got their fair share of good players.

I agree with previous posts about Jacobsen! A strong and good footballer. They loved him at FC Copenhagen! watch:

Welcome Lars!

Any chance Edin Dzeko could join us?

Bloody hell who put that on youtube.....His mum? :lol:

Appreciate PM Nicko, thanks.

Nicko is there no way our Civelli interest could be revived now that we have some cash?

Civelli's wage demands are a bit high...he is due in for talks with Everton...which maybe explains the Jacobsen 'switch' from getting a new deal at Goodison to being a potential Rovers target.

Very worried about Jacobsen's injury record.

Any news on Di Santo coming? It seems to have taking a long time

Also is there any chance we can get Janko, Nico?

I think you will have to wait until mid-July for Di Santo. Ancelotti wants to see him first before giving the 'si' to that one. No point in rushing them, they are doing you a favour.

USA did quite well getting to the final..wonder if there are any bargains to be had amongst that lot..

I'm not saying he woould be the ideal answer or a starter, but that kid Davies up front looked good for the Premier League. Quick, brave, persistent. A tough little character, took a shine to him.

I think you will have to wait until mid-July for Di Santo. Ancelotti wants to see him first before giving the 'si' to that one. No point in rushing them, they are doing you a favour.

I would argue it's a mutal thing rather than them doing us a favour. We'll be giving the guy the game time he needs and presumeably paying a portion of his wages to boot.

Chelsea wouldn't do it just for a favour.

I would argue it's a mutal thing rather than them doing us a favour. We'll be giving the guy the game time he needs and presumeably paying a portion of his wages to boot.

Chelsea wouldn't do it just for a favour.

And it appears as though Chelsea are signing another striker!!

Jackobsen seems to tick the boxes in terms of what we need at the back. But it woud take us up to four injury prone players (Dunn, Reid, Grella, Jackobsen) which is not great. Emerton and Nelsen could relapse as well.

I hope Sam can get together a Hughes like fitness record! If so its a bargain, and leaves the lionshare of the cash for a central midfielder and a striker.

Edit - Diouf, Givet, Jackobsen, Di Santo, Van Heerden and N'Zonzi for a grand total six million is not bad going...

I hope Sam can get together a Hughes like fitness record! If so its a bargain, and leaves the lionshare of the cash for a central midfielder and a striker.

The jury seems to be out of whether Sam is any good with player fitness. The "pundits" seem to think he is, citing his modern techniques and team of physios etc; but Newcastle fans all tell me he made their players weaker and less fit than when he came.

The jury seems to be out of whether Sam is any good with player fitness. The "pundits" seem to think he is, citing his modern techniques and team of physios etc; but Newcastle fans all tell me he made their players weaker and less fit than when he came.

At Bolton he was pretty good?

Newcastle have always had a horrendos injury record...

Unfortunately fitness takes time and a pre season is they key, thats where the hard work is and where you get them to their optimum fitness, then the rest of the season should follow, Inces pre season was not to clever, I do feel we shall see better fitness levels this season, just a note here, even Hughes took half a season at Rovers to get the fitness sorted but both Dunn and Roque managed an almost injury free season under him, I think Sam will do the same.

Should we be cautiously excited about the N'Zonzi deal Eddie?

Yes and no. He certainly has potential, but has yet to be tested at a serious level and so it is really unclear as to how good he really is. I've seen him only a handful of times and he was only a sub, he didn't totally stand out at that level, but I could see why people were getting excited about him. He's unlikely to do anything for us this season, but the league will suit him physically and he may well become a player that we can use.

I have been told by a friend that there is a young 20year old striker (plays wide right or left) for ND Gorika in Slovania, he has tremendous pace and scored 17 goals in 32 starts last season, says he is technically excellent and definately will move to one of the big leagues in Europe soon, I think his name is Velikonja, hope I spelled it correctly.

My mate has family living in Slovania a and he is being spoken about all the time there!!

Just going to google him and see if can find out more

Archived