BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Jacobsen is a good player from what I've seen, and no transfer fee means more for a midfielder and striker. Good business IMO. Whether he's free from injuries or not remains to be seen I guess, but worth a shot.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very little speculation about a centre-back.Surely we will need at least one with Oojier gone and Zurab on his way? With Givet for cover we can lose one but not two.

How many games did Zurab play last season?

And can't Jacobsen switch to emergency centre-back?

I may have missed this over the weekend but apparently the following was in an Italian newspaper on Saturday. Trying to find a link but nothing as of yet.

Birmingham City, to short the company of Rothen

27.06.2009 12,39 of Antonio Vitiello read article 367 E'

times much neighbor the agreement between the Paris Saint Germain and the Birmingham City for the transfer in Premier League of the French centrocampista Jerome Rothen (31). According to brought back how much from the press of oltralpe, the outside of the Psg to days would have to be moved in England after 10 years of French soccer.

Found link http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=157945

The last I heard about Jacobsen was Burnley were interested.

I don't know what's worse us being linked with Burnley targets or him signing for us instead of Burnley ;)

From what I've seen of him he seemed quite dogged and determined, looks comfortable on the ball and not afraid to go forward and he does look quite beefy.

I'm guessing he's a right back.

The last I heard about Jacobsen was Burnley were interested.

I don't know what's worse us being linked with Burnley targets or him signing for us instead of Burnley ;)

From what I've seen of him he seemed quite dogged and determined, looks comfortable on the ball and not afraid to go forward and he does look quite beefy.

I'm guessing he's a right back.

Coyley was never interested. Hadn't seen enough of him to judge. Neither did Everton, mind you.

Okay tcj, nice thoughts.

Now add the following to the equation.

Bellamy, Wright-Phillips, Elano, Bojinov, Johnson, Tevez, Petrov, Jo, Benjani, Caceido, Evans and Kompany.

Thats a whole team of players just fighting for 6 slots on the bench and 3 potential subs spots on the pitch.

Its a scenario for nothing but a soap of ego massaging. I could understand it if City had anything other than money to offer. They have as many games as Rovers this season, probably less as Rovers always seem to progress the cups better than MCFC :rolleyes:

In a way, I am really looking forward to them coming to Ewood then our hardworking stars cna slap the prima donnas back down to earth :closedeyes:

Plenty of brickies but where are the hod carriers? I cannot see Hughes overlooking that dept.

Plenty of brickies but where are the hod carriers? I cannot see Hughes overlooking that dept.

If Barry and De Jong stay fit (nothing to suggest they won't) then they have two brilliant holding players. I assume they'll be sticking with some form of the 4-2-3-1 they used last season, so Barry and De Jong will fit perfectly into the defensive midfield slots.

If they sign Eto'o and Tevez then I can't see RSC being a starter.

Coyley was never interested. Hadn't seen enough of him to judge. Neither did Everton, mind you.

Ye they played down rumours, probably because they knew we'd sneak in before them ;)

Ye they played down rumours, probably because they knew we'd sneak in before them ;)

Probably because they want fit and young players... ;)

Nicko, any truth in the rumour that we are after Ahmed Fathi? He can play as a defensive midfielder, right winger or right back according to wikipedia. Don't know much about him myself?

Had a stinker against USA last week - along with most of his colleagues. He seemed to play all three roles in the same game. Very odd.

Any chance at all that we might be after Gelson Fernandes? I think he's surplus to requirements after City's acquisition of De Jong and Barry. I remember he impressed me massively together with Gökan Inler for Switzerland in last year's Euros.

Any chance at all that we might be after Gelson Fernandes? I think he's surplus to requirements after City's acquisition of De Jong and Barry. I remember he impressed me massively together with Gökan Inler for Switzerland in last year's Euros.

Fernandes was meant to go to Lens in France for talks - either it fell through or he caught the wrong train 'cos it hasn't moved on. Tidy player, might lack a bit of strength, but there are worse around.

Probably because they want fit and young players... ;)

Had a stinker against USA last week - along with most of his colleagues. He seemed to play all three roles in the same game. Very odd.

why did they extend Graham Alexender's contract then!!!

Fernandes was meant to go to Lens in France for talks - either it fell through or he caught the wrong train 'cos it hasn't moved on. Tidy player, might lack a bit of strength, but there are worse around.

Interesting. How much do you think he would cost? I feel that we could do with a player like him. He's still young, and can only improve with more matches under his belt. He's probably already a better midfielder than the likes of Grella and Andrews.

Interesting. How much do you think he would cost? I feel that we could do with a player like him. He's still young, and can only improve with more matches under his belt. He's probably already a better midfielder than the likes of Grella and Andrews.

I would think the £2 to £3 million range, but that's just an educated guess.

championship players yes!

Whats happend to the rothen deal Nicko?

PSG want money...Rovers have not made a contract offer to the player because of more pressing issues...so that one is stuck in neutral or maybe even in reverse.

And your neighbours are signing a bit more than Championship players...

Is it true robbie keane could be available again nicko?He could be a good option for us is we are looking for striker and have the rsc money to spend.

There are constant rumours about Keane just now, but he would still cost a fortune and he is on ridiculous wages.

championship players yes!

And your neighbours are signing a bit more than Championship players...

But how on earth at the wages they are offering, must be no one else in for players to play for £15k per week

Archived