BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tell you what, I beat Sylvinho is a race last night, and I was sh*faced, so if Junior plays tonight, let's see if he's got enough in his locker to outshine a footballing fossil.

He'll probably play on the opposite wing. :P

Just wondering...with Chelsea having to pay City compensation over Daniel Sturridge, would Rovers be due any compensation via tribunal if Hoilett was to depart? I'm just not that familiar with the rules around this.

Yes, I understand under the age of 24 if you have brought the player through the ranks, you are to have a fee even if they are out of contract!! I may be wrong about the age but its between 22 and 24

I think Sturridge is a better player, but we should be due a hefty sum if Hoilett makes the mistake of leaving Ewood Park.

By the summer - Hoilett will of played more 1st team premier league games than Sturridge did at City and is younger......Surely that should count towards them being very similar?!

By the summer - Hoilett will of played more 1st team premier league games than Sturridge did at City and is younger......Surely that should count towards them being very similar?!

From the always reliable world of wikipedia:

Historically, transfer fees were paid to a club even when the player was out of contract. The Bosman ruling ended this practice when the European Union ruled that any club demanding a fee for players out of contract was an illegal restriction on the free movement of workers. UEFA regulations still state that a fee must be paid for players under the age of 23 in consideration for the viability of lower income clubs. This may be arbitrated by a tribunal if it cannot be agreed upon between the two clubs.

Football Transfers

Hopefully, Rovers will be due a decent pay-out even if Hoilett leaves...still would rather keep him with Rovers (and not just because he's Canadian!)

Surely it can’t be that hard to get him to sign a contract, he should have a bit of loyalty in him.

Hope that he does sign a contract soon, seems one for the future in my opinion.

They should just be sly about it, give some speil about all players having to sign some form and slip in the signature page for Hoillets, job done!

They should just be sly about it, give some speil about all players having to sign some form and slip in the signature page for Hoillets, job done!

Fantastic idea, we could sneak some contract resignations in there too!

"Mr. Roberts please sign here... what? No, no, nothing like that just a simple tax form. Yes initial here too, thank you so much.

Ahh Mr. Gamst, glad you could make it, please sign here..."

Fantastic idea, we could sneak some contract resignations in there too!

"Mr. Roberts please sign here... what? No, no, nothing like that just a simple tax form. Yes initial here too, thank you so much.

Ahh Mr. Gamst, glad you could make it, please sign here..."

Make sure to get them bladdered as well that night.

Next day tell them they came up to you and told you they wanted out La La La and that they asked for the paper to sign.

Job done, no repercussions, HAPPY DAYS!!

If only it where that easy.

I sometimes get the feeling that it's a bit of a cache 22 with him, Sam doesn't want to play him if he's not going to feature in his future plans and Junior doesn't want to sign because he isn't getting many chances, just a hunch really.

He's young and green but full of potential in my eyes, I hope we find a way to keep him.

I sometimes get the feeling that it's a bit of a cache 22 with him, Sam doesn't want to play him if he's not going to feature in his future plans and Junior doesn't want to sign because he isn't getting many chances, just a hunch really.

He's young and green but full of potential in my eyes, I hope we find a way to keep him.

solution: tell him that he is going to start playing after he sign :)

THe lad needs to sort out his final ball and his shooting. Everything else in his game is premiership quality imo, but those two aspects are very poor at the moment.

It would be great to go into next year with a young talented team with five or six in their early twenties. First time we would be in that position since 2000/2001 I think?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure? I'll be very happy if I'm wrong.

Positive, you get compensation for any player who moves on a free when they are under 23. That is a UEFA rule. I assume this means that if he moved to South America we might have a slight problem, but certainly if he is moving within Europe I am sure of this.

Archived