BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

Positive, you get compensation for any player who moves on a free when they are under 23. That is a UEFA rule. I assume this means that if he moved to South America we might have a slight problem, but certainly if he is moving within Europe I am sure of this.

Perhaps this is the reason that no clubs have moved for him?

We really need to tie him to a new deal if we can, anyone heard of any progress on this one? Its been very quiet on his contract front...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Toilett – I have honestly seen better players down Pleasington on a Sunday morning. I really do not know why we are bending over backwards for him and in no way should he be starting for a mid table team in the Premier League (some argue the best league in the world)

He CANNOT and I repeat CANNOT beat his man, he is small, weak, cannot head the ball, cannot cross, doesn’t offer cover and the most important factor I have seen since he “broke” onto the scene is the fact he is not aware of his surroundings. Many a time he runs or turns into people when in possession of the ball – clueless. That is something you cannot be taught, the lad will not make it in the Premier League.

He will no doubt join the Jemal Johnson’s of this world.

Down at Pleasy? What when your still p!ssed maybe. For a young lad, he looks very good - he is another that needs a good 12 months more time (similar to Olsson last season).

He doesnt beat his man often because the ball is always passed into behind him, rather than infront and allowing him to run at teams....we need to get used to him & play the ball infront of him, then we would see a big improvement!

Down at Pleasy? What when your still p!ssed maybe. For a young lad, he looks very good - he is another that needs a good 12 months more time (similar to Olsson last season).

He doesnt beat his man often because the ball is always passed into behind him, rather than infront and allowing him to run at teams....we need to get used to him & play the ball infront of him, then we would see a big improvement!

We do have a habit of passing to feet as opposed to the space in front, would be nice to vary this up.

I asked Hoilett after the match on saturday if he were going to sign a new contract soon. He just gave me a big smile and said "Not yet".

"So Billie Piper what's the chances of a snog"?

"1,000,000 : 1 mate"

"Yahoo I've got a chance then"

Junior's "Not Yet" allows for the possibility of a new contract but I'll bet a Mars Bar he doesn't sign. Takers?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be very surprised if it's about money - we're in the richest league in the world and not shy to pay big wages.

Personally, I would do the same as him and see what all my options are before making any decision. When I was his age, I didn't accept the first job offer I got after graduating until I saw who else was interested in me. 4 years at his age is a hell of a commitment to make, so might as well make sure you do it and have no subsequent regrets.

I think he'll end up signing.

4 years at his age is a hell of a commitment to make, so might as well make sure you do it and have no subsequent regrets.

Is it really? Do you think a four year contract means he has to stay for four years? If he's anything like the majority of them, he'll get his big wage increase and then moan if he wants to leave. Contracts don't mean anything to the modern day player - it's not like he's signing up for the army.

Dunno Hughesy but it will all be soured by the patronising start he's had to Thursday.

I heard the boy scored though.

Good timing to put the pressure on now. Let's hope Junior signs up.

??

Three months before his contract expires?

Cracking timing.

I think he'll end up signing.

Honestly I would be surprised if he does. Rumours are that he sees himself as a striker more than a forward who plays on the left or right wing or in the hole. It will all come down to whether or not he feels he can force his way into the starting line-up in the position he wants to play, if he can't get that he will go elsewhere.

His stalling on a contract clearly isn't about money as its very likely that we could better any contract offer that a German club would offer him.

Archived