BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

He has agreed a two and a half year contract :brfc:

Link here

crackin news! some excellent young talent at ewood at the moment, the best since the dunn, duff & jansen era?

if it's true that the boy fancies himself as a striker I would like to see him along side niko for a game or three now we've all but secured safety. Could be a classic little and large partnership...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has agreed a two and a half year contract :brfc:

Link here

Two and a half years is very cautionary, he obviously doesn't want to commit to a 'standard' four year deal so I suppose he's keeping his options open to go if he doesn't get to play striker. Works against us because if he does well we will have little bargining power to keep him so the transfer values could suffer.

Still, glass half full eh - very good news he's staying, yet another talented youngster on board. Keep going Sam, we're going to have a cracking side before long.

Yes, this is excellent news. Let's see if he can push on now and fulfil his potential.

This is just the type of signing the manager would be looking to make in the summer, young with sell on potential, and probably costing 2 million to do so.

The lad can be exciting to watch, but like Topman has said, he needs to fulfil his potential

I am very happy 'Junior' has signed a new contract - Fair play I thought his agents had talked him out of it (Good pressure by sam also ;-)) Inmy opinion this is the best prospect we have had come through and along with jones, ollsson, Niko and Nzonzi (to an extent)we have a good blend now of young guns and experience :)

This is the first time in a while I feel we have a very good squad and competition for places is going to be tough now - I know we need another forward though unless Hoiellet can provide this for us :)

Well done Junior and I hope you fulfil the potential and bring all us rovers fans many happy memories.

To me, his finishing and composure in front of goal just isn't good enough for a striker. Then again, that could change.

Agreed.

He reminds me of Walcott a bit. He's another one who wants to play as a central striker, but is learning his trade as a wide player whilst he hones his skills.

It happens with a lot of players like that, it's no surprise to find he is out wide. I can't see any top level club giving him games as a striker really, you have to be a Defoe-type clinical striker to play upfront with a small physique nowadays.

Agreed.

He reminds me of Walcott a bit. He's another one who wants to play as a central striker, but is learning his trade as a wide player whilst he hones his skills.

It happens with a lot of players like that, it's no surprise to find he is out wide. I can't see any top level club giving him games as a striker really, you have to a Defoe-type clinical striker to play upfront with a small physique nowadays.

its also the model for how wenger bought thierry henry on....

very fast winger, turned into devastating striker.

Guest roverspogges

Very pleased he's signed the contract, he's nowhere near the finished article but the lads got the potential to be a good player for us.

Also falls in line with the 'homegrown talent' requirement that will be needed in the squad coming soon.

Strikes me at the moment as one of those players that gets better the longer the game goes on - just doesn't get must chance to last out a full game - probably becuase alot of the time he doesn't appear to be in it.

Hopefully will adjust as Olsson appears to have done.

Good news and very positive for the club.

Also falls in line with the 'homegrown talent' requirement that will be needed in the squad coming soon.

Strikes me at the moment as one of those players that gets better the longer the game goes on - just doesn't get must chance to last out a full game - probably becuase alot of the time he doesn't appear to be in it.

Hopefully will adjust as Olsson appears to have done.

Good news and very positive for the club.

Exactly. That is key, and seems to be that even the big spenders like Chelsea and City are focusing on this. As many have said, we've put a lot into developing the lad, it would be a shame to have lost him for nought.

I saw this Graham Taylor interview where he said that a quality player must be 10/10 at one skill: shooting, passing, speed, etc. The fact that Junior brings some pace into the side is such a big thing, I'm sure with more experience he'll kick on...I think he already has a bit.

Archived