BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

Quickly becoming a fan's favourite. I've been saying for ages that the guy needs gametime to develop his career. Sam used to chuck him on late into the match when we're already chasing the game. It obviously didn't work for him.

Hoilett has to be one of the first names on the team-sheet. His pace cannot be underestimated and he's finally starting to develop an end-product. Sure, he'll still continue to frustrate fans at times, but I'd overlook that for what he brings to our side.

That's simply untrue. He got plenty of game time last season and made very little impression. Did nothing to warrant being on the pitch more.

I agree though he's making progress now (after looking for quite a while like he was in a rut) which is good to see. Still has a habit of trying to do too much, so has to learn to pass rather than trying to beat the seventh man, but he's learning.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's simply untrue. He got plenty of game time last season and made very little impression. Did nothing to warrant being on the pitch more.

He made 8 whole starts last season, whereas he's already on 5 this term. Most of his 15 sub appearances came well after the hour mark.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Allardyce faithfull, i think Junior might well be benefiting from a less disciplined role. He seems to have been given the green light to get at his full back as often as he likes. Nice to see.

Him and Olsson hugging the touchline and give freedom to take defenders on is great to see, they are talented young players who now have their chance to shine.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant Today, His Running, tracking back and most importantly his intelligence on the pitch, knowing when to pick out a pass, knowing when to play it simple. get him tied down to a longer deal because since the hughes era, we have been crying out for a pacy winger and finally we have one.

would also like to mention Martin Olsson going foward was great but his defensive attributes have improved imensley. Santa Cruz also....class act.

• Backroom

Great performance from Junior today. His only real limitation is that he gets knocked off the ball too easily, but he's young and with age and proper training that'll improve. Hope we can keep hold of him.

• Backroom

Looks possessed. If any player has benefited under the new regime, its him. Doesnt resemble the player he was 6 weeks ago. He has belief, conviction and execution. TIE HIM DOWN NOW!

Agreed, I was worried for his career here under Sam, it was frustrating to see he was our best player against Newcastle then dropped again.

Credit has to go to Sam and the team fro bulking him up though.

He really looks like a player now, hope he signs a new contract (no release clauses either)

Looks possessed. If any player has benefited under the new regime, its him. Doesnt resemble the player he was 6 weeks ago. He has belief, conviction and execution. TIE HIM DOWN NOW!

most certainly.

the type of player we have all wished for, in a long long time.

When was the last time a player of ours ran onto a ball and smashed it like that? Wigan away & Reid?

Superb performance today again - him & Olsson have come on leaps and bounds since Sam has gone....its like they were being restricted before. Great to see they are best mates, which should make it easier to keep them both at the club together should a bigger club come knocking.

Great performance from Junior today. His only real limitation is that he gets knocked off the ball too easily, but he's young and with age and proper training that'll improve. Hope we can keep hold of him.

Actually, what I thought underlined his superb performance was his ability to get back and help out in defence with some cracking, well-timed challenges - he looked a lot stronger than he has in the past. He's definitely adapting to the physicality of the Premier League slowly and the world is his oyster if he can add his superb pace and skill to that.

Archived