BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most exciting player at Ewood since Duff IMO. Give him a proper contract now, it was touch and go last time round and his dad plays hardball so if he gets more rave reviews in the media we will struggle to do a deal. Do it now whilst we can.

To be honest - IMO at the same age Duff wasn't as good. However - Hoilett has now got to continue with this run. The one thing in his favour is Kean's liking for playing flair attacking players. A team consisting of two strikers, Dunn, Hoilett, Pedersen with Olsson virtually playing as left winger for most of the match would have been unheard of a few weeks ago. Hopefully this will reduce the chances of Hoilett being singled out.

I can't help put feel that we could be exposed against one of the better teams - but who knows - we may expose them with the pace we now have in the team.

That's my concern a little bit, we are playing a bit loose at the moment - more clinical teams will make us pay. Jones should help however still think we need another tackler in midfield as Dunn and MGP are too soft.

Before Sam left I thought we only had 3 "must keep at all costs" players. Robinson, Samba and Phil Jones.

Under the new 4-4-2 system favoured by Steve Kean with pace on the flanks, I certainly think we have two more now - Hoillet and Olsson. I haven't seen players that have me on the edge of the seat like those two since Duff was at his peak.

Hopefully the older perennial underperformers like MGP, EH Diouf and Emerton can now start to be gradually phased out as the brave new era gathers momentum.

Before Sam left I thought we only had 3 "must keep at all costs" players. Robinson, Samba and Phil Jones.

Under the new 4-4-2 system favoured by Steve Kean with pace on the flanks, I certainly think we have two more now - Hoillet and Olsson. I haven't seen players that have me on the edge of the seat like those two since Duff was at his peak.

Hopefully the older perennial underperformers like MGP, EH Diouf and Emerton can now start to be gradually phased out as the brave new era gathers momentum.

I have always seen this in Olsson, he is one player who can make things happen and I think we all felt that Hoilett had this too but just was'nt quite clicking.

The best thing is we have a manager who is playing to the teams strengths, I dont think it is any coincidence that these two players and our strikers are playing better football now and showing their potential, Olsson very rarely bombed through the wing and Hoilett did'nt have the confidence to hold the ball so much.

It's also not a coincidence that the players you highlighted as must keep players were 3 defensive players, Sam focused on us being defensively strong which can stifle the attackers, Kean is trying to find the middle ground and looking good so far.

I haven't seen players that have me on the edge of the seat like those two since Duff was at his peak.

I agree and that’s why I think if there is a club interested then we should allow Diouf to go now.

Emerton is abit more versatile as he can play pretty much anywhere on the right or in midfield.

Dunn has that creative spark, however is sometimes abit too greedy and also has lost his pace.

For me – Hoilett & Olsson need to be maintained as our future wingers. Both are quick, both love to get forward & both are not afraid to take their man on or shoot at goal.

If we can find a top quality attacking midfielder who can both pick a pass & make attacking runs like Dunn used to then our midfield – along with J. Jones will be starting to look very good.

He said: “At a young age they brought me over from Canada, kept with me when I couldn’t get my permit and they put a lot of time and effort into me. Also my family and friends did as well so it is good to show I am worth it.

“Sam Allardyce showed faith in me as well, he gave me my debut in the Premier League. He gave me belief and opportunities but this time around I am taking my opportunity.

“I have been waiting for the opportunity and Steve Kean has given me the opportunity and a lot of belief. He keeps talking to me and pulling me aside in training to give me confidence. It is good to have a manager on your side.

“It has been frustrating it has taken so long for me. But I need to make sure I take my chance, maybe I didn’t do that before when I did get the chance. It is up to me to show I can do it consistently.”

“Of course you always want to get your first EPL goal and it was great to get that and then get the three points as well,” he said. “It was a good performance all around.

“Hopefully I can keep going. That first goal is always the breaker, it breaks the ice and hopefully there are more to follow. I have to keep working hard in training, and listening to the staff, family and friends.

“I needed a run of games to get my confidence up and I have to keep working string and keep good form physically and mentally.

“I love to score goals. It is good to get your first goal and I will keep pushing for the second.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8810214.Rovers_star_Hoilett_ready_to_make_waves_at_Ewood/?ref=rss

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

:blush:

Never thought of that!

I'll keep my fingers crossed he meant contract though as the rest of the tweet was footy related.

I only realised myself as yesterday he mentioned he had recruited Junior for Twitter

Archived