SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

An article on vital rovers quoting sky sports says Kean has said a new contract for Hoilett can wait as he doesn't want to disrupt his form by discussing a new deal.

It has direct quotes from both Kean and Junior, part of me wonders if Junior has shown signs of uncertainty though as he stalled over the last contract.

Don't we have a young spainish midfielder at the club?

Hugo Fernandez???

So there's 5.

Can't remember his name exactly, but do you mean the Spaniard that Salgado helped us get? Think he was a defender. Not heard about him since.

He wants to stay at Blackburn and may avoid international duty for 3 years so he will qualify for England. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-midfielder-Junior-Hoilett-drops-England-call-up-hint-article695537.html

Personally, I think its a great decision if he re-upped for Blackburn. For the next few years he'll get fist team experience and then who knows?

On the other hand, he should definetly consider the USA for international duty. :tu:

Let's hope that the club are starting negotiations soon. Nothing would ###### me off (and I guess many other fans) more if we have spent all our time and resources giving the likes of Salgado, Roberts and Nelsen new deals but we end up leaving it too late in offering one of our brightest prospects a new deal.

Let's hope that the club are starting negotiations soon. Nothing would ###### me off (and I guess many other fans) more if we have spent all our time and resources giving the likes of Salgado, Roberts and Nelsen new deals but we end up leaving it too late in offering one of our brightest prospects a new deal.

I am sure we would have offered a deal ages ago. Issue is that Junior is in a very strong position now - shifted from being an erratic and unconvincing performer to argably our best attacking threat. As each game goes by his prospective salary jumps. On top of that he is clearly very ambitious and his dad is a tough negotiator.

It looks like it will be a fight to keep him imo. It was a right palaver to get Hoilett to commit when he was still in the reserves and out on loan. Now he is in the driving seat negotiation wise so I guess we just have to hope he likes it at Ewood. Sure if he does stay it will cost a pretty penny! The last six games or so will have doubled the salary on the table imo...

Central defender..

Question I am curious about.. how often does he need too renew his work permit, and is that not reliant on games played etc?

He is an EU member so no permit needed!

Oh, you mean Hoilett?

I think his permit is permanent and as he has lived in the UK for quite a number of years now, he may qualify for a UK passport.

From Passport Agency:

If you are over 18 and have been living in the United Kingdom for the last five years (or three years if you are married to or a civil partner of a British citizen) you may be able to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen. You may also be able to apply for naturalisation if you or your husband, wife or civil partner is in crown or designated service outside the United Kingdom. Applications for naturalisation are made using application form AN.

He wants to stay at Blackburn and may avoid international duty for 3 years so he will qualify for England. http://www.mirrorfoo...icle695537.html

Personally, I think its a great decision if he re-upped for Blackburn. For the next few years he'll get fist team experience and then who knows?

On the other hand, he should definetly consider the USA for international duty. :tu:

I just hope he signs a new contract for Rovers (a long-term contract, not the ol' 2 season type, like his last one).

I would be so gutted, but not surprised, if he chose to play for England or the U.S.; however, it would be nothing new for Canada to lose a player to another national team (Hargreaves, Begovic, Bunbury, etc.).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Once again our most dangerous player and yet Salgado and Roberts signed new contract whilst his runs out in 18 months.

No doubt he'll be off to Bolton or someone for a million or so once we go down.

Once again our most dangerous player and yet Salgado and Roberts signed new contract whilst his runs out in 18 months.

He had a good game, but as I've said in the match thread I thought Olsson was our main attacking threat today - he had a great game.

No---he'll do better than that and we will get more than 1M but you're right on the essential point. If (when) we are relegated he'll be off, alongside Samba, Jones, Robinson,Ollson possibly and all the building we've been steadily doing for some years will go down the drain in one summer. Can't see the likes of Formica, Kalinic hanging around either.This is the reality and the bitter sadness of relegation.

Still we'll get 2 games against Burnley to all those who enjoy the lower leagues.

I like most cannot understand why two of the three players who shouldve been tied down (Robinson, Junior & Jones) have not been tied down. Its a disaster. You tie down Roberts, Salgado, Nelsen, whilst Robbo and Junior arent. Obviously you can be sure that they've been offered contracts but being relatively smart they've decided to wait. I can see this one costing us.

I like most cannot understand why two of the three players who shouldve been tied down (Robinson, Junior & Jones) have not been tied down. Its a disaster. You tie down Roberts, Salgado, Nelsen, whilst Robbo and Junior arent. Obviously you can be sure that they've been offered contracts but being relatively smart they've decided to wait. I can see this one costing us.

And you would expect Rovers to do what in this situation?

I'm not happy that three ageing players have signed bumper new deals, but you cannot force people to sign a contract against their wishes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Say what you will, Hoilett has been a different player since Sam got the boot.

Probably because he's actually been given a run in the side.

Got to give him a new contract. Got to.

I imagine he may have his eyes on a move elsewhere soon.

Say what you will, Hoilett has been a different player since Sam got the boot.

I'd happily have Hoilett back on the bench if we could have Sam back in charge until the end of the season.

Nothing against Hoilett, he's a cracking talent, but results are more important.

Hoilett is first rate. I think in a year he will be CL quality. Searing pace, amazing control, exceptional turning speed, acquiring the knack of scoring goals, can play either wing, developing an ability to pick a pass, can cross with both feet, and can go inside and outside of the full back. Has the potential to be as good as Duff in his prime. All he needs to do is develop a shot on his left foot.

We can expect massive bids for him in the summer I think.

Archived