SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that daft a theory.

We were already running a large wage budget and when you factor in Formica's, Rochina's, Jones's and Roque's wages to the mix it could be possible that a new deal for Hoilett wasn't on the cards yet until some deadwood is shifted. Roberts and Nelsen both got new deals, unlikely they got a raise but you can't rule it out when they were displaying 'loyalty' during a tricky period.

Don't all players get a pay rise when signing a new contract?

• Backroom

I still think Junior was offered a contract but wants to assess his options, wouldn't blame him one bit for looking elsewhere to be fair.

No use for him playing in championship:(

Didn't do Andy Carrol much harm. But it WON'T come to that (toes crossed)

Should still put Olsson back in midfield to replace the Norwegian Keith Andrews. :P

So true. Pedersens days are numbered. But we can easily say we are carrying quite a bit of deadwood....andrews, roberts, EHD, grella, benjani, not much left Dunns tank these days bar the ability to blame everyone around him when his hollywood pass fails

I still think Junior was offered a contract but wants to assess his options, wouldn't blame him one bit for looking elsewhere to be fair.

Kean said he wanted to wait until the end of the season to offer Junior a contract.

Hoilett's said that he wants to sign a new contract as he considers Blackburn to be his home.

Either both of them are lying (sure you might see why Junior would want to get the fans onside, but why would Kean pretend he's doing something really stupid?), or it's yet another example of awful management by our boss.

Anderson is an agent since when has he gotten involved in contract negotiations for current Rovers players? If this was going to be the case I would have assumed he would has done it with Samba, Salgado etc, it's been said already JW did these, any evidence to suggest otherwise?

SEM/Kentaro are the main advisers to Venky's - I would presume they would be involved in most things including contract negotiations.

It appears when JW was here he was bypassed for most things...

Not contract negotiations for current players, Samba said it himself that JW did it himself. I presume the chairman would do it again

Not sure about that. JW did Roque but was told what to do by Pune because they love wasting money apparently. The existing players is quite possibly a story not for this MB in these litigious times.

So how much do reckon we'll get for him in the summer?

Not much with only a year left on his contract. Even less if we get relegated.

If he continues to play as well as he has done for the rest of the season there's no doubt in my mind some of the big clubs will be taking a close look at him. The lad has huge potential.

Not much with only a year left on his contract. Even less if we get relegated.

If he continues to play as well as he has done for the rest of the season there's no doubt in my mind some of the big clubs will be taking a close look at him. The lad has huge potential.

But under the age of 24 there is a rule which sets a minimum fee isnt there?

I hope he signs a new contract but if I was him I'd be thinking "I'm too good to be playing with you guys".

Has he not offered to sign a new contract but Kean wants to wait till the end of the season?

Archived