BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is true, Kean should be summarily dismissed.

I'm not saying it is true though! I'm asking if it is ;)

Read it here...

Kean said he wanted to wait until the end of the season to offer Junior a contract.

Hoilett's said that he wants to sign a new contract as he considers Blackburn to be his home.

Either both of them are lying (sure you might see why Junior would want to get the fans onside, but why would Kean pretend he's doing something really stupid?), or it's yet another example of awful management by our boss.

Either both of them are lying (sure you might see why Junior would want to get the fans onside, but why would Kean pretend he's doing something really stupid?), or it's yet another example of awful management by our boss.

Actions usually speak louder than words which is not ideal for Kean given his results to date.

There are a number of instances when Kean has been inaccurate, or made very dubious/strange comments, when speaking to the press.

• January transfer window, when he clearly did not have a clue how the process of conducting transfers works – surely Jerome could have made him aware?

• The assistant manager announcement would make the football world sit up and take notice – eh? Maybe beacause how weird an appointment it was

• Myles Anderson has similar attributes to Chris Smalling – really?

There are more examples too…..

Actions usually speak louder than words which is not ideal for Kean given his results to date.

There are a number of instances when Kean has been inaccurate, or made very dubious/strange comments, when speaking to the press.

January transfer window, when he clearly did not have a clue how the process of conducting transfers works surely Jerome could have made him aware?

The assistant manager announcement would make the football world sit up and take notice eh? Maybe beacause how weird an appointment it was

Myles Anderson has similar attributes to Chris Smalling really?

There are more examples too…..

Don't forget we've got the 'new Batistuta' in Formica who's chomping at the bit too John.

Funny that..Batigol never had any problems with his strength...

Junior is in great form and the player of the second half without doubt.

But lets not forget he flattered to deceive for most of last year and wasn't involved for much of the first half of this campaign. Also his final ball and decision making need to improve before he progresses to the next level.

I remember saying to my dad before the Liverpool "Its time Junior started to deliver" and to his credit he has, but provided we stay up, another year or two here will aid his progress.

Junior is in great form and the player of the second half without doubt.

But lets not forget he flattered to deceive for most of last year and wasn't involved for much of the first half of this campaign. Also his final ball and decision making need to improve before he progresses to the next level.

I remember saying to my dad before the Liverpool "Its time Junior started to deliver" and to his credit he has, but provided we stay up, another year or two here will aid his progress.

I have to say I disagree. Junior already looks like he will totally make it. There has not been a single opposition player in the last six games or so who has been able to live with him. He has beaten every full back he has played against inside and outside, scored goals and put in decent crosses.

His shooting and passing have room to improve, but he is clearly already a player any Premiership team outside the top six would be very interested in putting in their first XI, and the rest would certainly consider him to have real potential.

His transition over the last few months has been incredible. Against Arsenal he was the most dangerous player on the field. That is quite a statement...

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the deal with Hoilett? He was supposed to make the City match but didn't. Does anyone know if he is available for Bolton?

Probably our most important player in terms of having a chance of staying up.

Kean was asked after the game whether Junior had been close to making the game, to which he said "very". He then said that the doctors had warned him that there was a big chance that playing Junior would risk damaging him quite seriously and put him out for the remaining games. Work that out if you can.

He expects Junior to be ready for the Bolton game though.

Kean was asked after the game whether Junior had been close to making the game, to which he said "very". He then said that the doctors had warned him that there was a big chance that playing Junior would risk damaging him quite seriously and put him out for the remaining games. Work that out if you can.

He expects Junior to be ready for the Bolton game though.

I may be cynical but firstly, it was felt that he'd be okay for Everton, then a certainty for City.

It would not surprise me if we don't see Hoilett again this season, sadly, perhaps, never again in a Rovers' shirt.

Hamstring injuries can take a long time to heal and rushing back too soon risks long-term damage. A serious injury can be career-threatening. Hoilett's one of our few hopes of scoring goals from open play (the set-piece route ended with the sacking of Sam) so Kean might have to take a gamble with him him to save Rovers and his job.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no denying that Hoilett is a talented player, however he doesnt appear to have a brain.

Watching, I find it frustrating and I suspect that his team mates must do so as well.

It's time that the coaching staff and senior pros took him to one side and taught him that it's a team game. He needs to learn how to observe what is happening around him and concider looking for players in better positions.

Individual skill excites the crowd, but the lad must learn that he cant beat the opposition on his own.

Hamstring injuries can take a long time to heal and rushing back too soon risks long-term damage. A serious injury can be career-threatening. Hoilett's one of our few hopes of scoring goals from open play (the set-piece route ended with the sacking of Sam) so Kean might have to take a gamble with him him to save Rovers and his job.

Let's not forget he got this injury when some dirty Big Club defender hacked him down from behind. They can still go down--I hope so.

There is no denying that Hoilett is a talented player, however he doesnt appear to have a brain.

Watching, I find it frustrating and I suspect that his team mates must do so as well.

It's time that the coaching staff and senior pros took him to one side and taught him that it's a team game. He needs to learn how to observe what is happening around him and concider looking for players in better positions.

Individual skill excites the crowd, but the lad must learn that he cant beat the opposition on his own.

I agree with this.

It's ok doing all of the stepovers and jinking runs that excite the crowd, but if you don't know when to shoot/pass at the right times, then it's completely pointless.

I hear this was Big Sam's main gripe with David and a lot of training ground work went on to improve this - perhaps Kean has benefitted from this work in some games this season.

I kind of agree with what you say Alan, however under Sam our team was restricted from using skill and ability and instead had to play for corners, throw ins etc. Yes it was successful at getting results however it didnt allow people like Hoilett & Olsson to progress and they didnt like it!

Hoilett running at 2 or 3 men and then getting his shot away is what its all about, yes they dont go in, but its good to see someone who has the ability actually trying it.

Our problem is the quality of our team - add to that quality and there might be a reason to try and pick out the strikers, at the moment their is a frustration that Olsson or Hoilett do all the hard work, only to pass it to a donkey!

I think it comes with natural maturity. The guy's still only 20 years old. I'm sure as he builds more experience in the game, he'll cut down the fancy stuff and become more effective. I mean, Ronaldo used to be a prancing, dancing prima donna, and now—..... I ummm...

I think it comes with natural maturity. The guy's still only 20 years old. I'm sure as he builds more experience in the game, he'll cut down the fancy stuff and become more effective. I mean, Ronaldo used to be a prancing, dancing prima donna, and now—..... I ummm...

Yeh i agree with that - I would however say to allow him to try the stuff now, to start to believe in his own abilities and then as he gains more experience he can learn how to use those skills in the right way!

• 2 weeks later...

a real gem, i said a couple of years ago we could do with a lennon or walcott, someone with pace and trickery. we have one here, but most importantly his final ball is good which is very rare for the type of player he is. great news that he wants to sign and stay, build a team around him and phil jones. The new blackburn rovers era starts now.

Archived