BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Kean was telling the truth about Venky's, Hoilett and the new contract last week then let's hope the club make the offer in the next few days. I'm sure he will expect much higher wages now than he would have if we had signed him up in January.

Let's wait and see, it wasn't particularly easy getting him to sign his previous one if I recall.

I am with you on this one, might be easier said than done when other clubs, undoubtedly, make their interest known, if they have not done so already !!!.

We desperately need him to sign - he's a huge talent that will only get bigger.

Hoilett and his dad have always taken the long view about his career, ever since he was a nipper in Canada. There's no way they would have signed a contract in feb not knowing what division we'd be in. I'm hoping that the fact that our plan has been 'give it to Junior' will convince them that we are the stage on which he can shine for the next couple of years at least, as opposed to the risk of being a bit part player at a bigger club. I think they will see the logic and long term benefit in that.

If Kean was telling the truth about Venky's, Hoilett and the new contract last week then let's hope the club make the offer in the next few days. I'm sure he will expect much higher wages now than he would have if we had signed him up in January.

He'll want a guarantee of being played centrally and not wide as he wanted that under Sam. It's his old man Sam had to convince and he did that by flying out to Canada, to meet him.

He's a player we must keep I hope we can.

If he wants higher wages, he deserves higher wages. Top players cost more, and at the moment, he's a top player for us.

He's a big difference maker for a team like us. Sign him up to whatever he wants (within reason of course).

Hoilett and his dad have always taken the long view about his career, ever since he was a nipper in Canada. There's no way they would have signed a contract in feb not knowing what division we'd be in. I'm hoping that the fact that our plan has been 'give it to Junior' will convince them that we are the stage on which he can shine for the next couple of years at least, as opposed to the risk of being a bit part player at a bigger club. I think they will see the logic and long term benefit in that.

Oh yeah, I'm resigned to the fact that eventually we'll lose him. Like Phil Jones, he's too good. It's vital for the team that we retain his services for the next two seasons though and yes, Bentley, Santa Cruz, and Bellamy should be used as cautionary tales for him.

• Backroom

To be fair vintage the whole BBE didn't ever slag him off.

I still think the real reason a contract wasn't signed in jan was junior himself may have been unsure and it looks better saying we will discuss at the end of the season rather than we have offered a contract and he doesn't want to sign it.

He will go next year and he should aim for better things in his career but I hope he signs so we can maximise profit next year.

The lad is destined for the top I think.

I think if we start being a top half club again, he might well stay on for another couple of seasons. He doesn't seem like the sort of person that'd be demanding a move to a big club at the earliest opportunity.

We can but hope - this lad has the potential to be even better than Duff.

Archived