Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:tu: Back page of todays LT

HOILETT: I love it here :wub:

"Steve Kean has been great for me, and I have enjoyed the experience and I am looking forward to pushing on next season

Hopefully we will get something sorted (new contract). Of course I am happy with the club, I am enjoying myself and I am happy here."

• Backroom

Come on Hughesy lad read between the lines, when he says:

Hopefully we will get something sorted (new contract). Of course I am happy with the club, I am enjoying myself and I am happy here."

What he really means is:

I have been faking an injury so I never have to play for the club again!

Not enough - pay him 60k for a 5 year deal

I actually agree, send Santa Cruz back to city and split Juniors current wage, and Cruz's 90k a week between a new striker and Junior. Price that little canadian out of a move anywhere else<3.

40k a week will probably represent at least a 100% pay rise so I think that’s fair….I would however try and get him on at least a 5 year contract….maybe even a longer one if he will sign it!

Think he was excellent as the 2nd striker on Sunday, full of trickery and he is starting to believe in himself when taking on his man, which will be exciting for us fans next season…..could the 2nd striker role be his future position??

40k a week will probably represent at least a 100% pay rise so I think that’s fair….I would however try and get him on at least a 5 year contract….maybe even a longer one if he will sign it!

Think he was excellent as the 2nd striker on Sunday, full of trickery and he is starting to believe in himself when taking on his man, which will be exciting for us fans next season…..could the 2nd striker role be his future position??

Junior is a winger as much as P.Jones is a midfielder. They are both top players and can handle strange positions but Junior is at his best as a second striker. Roberts or Roque type of a player would make a nice pair to him but we need better than neither of them.

Junior is a winger as much as P.Jones is a midfielder.

Not sure that's fair, Hoilett could definitely be an excellent winger/wide striker because he has all the right attributes.

If he does move on to a top team then I'd bet everything I own that he would play out wide. There is no other role he could play for the likes of Arsenal or Man Utd.

Not sure that's fair, Hoilett could definitely be an excellent winger/wide striker because he has all the right attributes.

If he does move on to a top team then I'd bet everything I own that he would play out wide. There is no other role he could play for the likes of Arsenal or Man Utd.

I feel that he's not really a pure winger, he's a wide player who needs license to roam inside as well. I'd like him in a sort of 4-3-2-1 formation, essentially having two attacking midfielders given a free role behind the striker, and with the support of attacking full backs. So when the fullback is providing width, Jr would be free to roam into space wherever he finds it, but his starting role would be further out wide, albeit not in the sideline-hugging classic winger role.

Players need motivation. Giving long term big money deals to players who have done very little is a massive gamble.

Don't forget Martin Olsson and Junior are best mates. They are each other's motivation.

I feel that he's not really a pure winger, he's a wide player who needs license to roam inside as well. I'd like him in a sort of 4-3-2-1 formation, essentially having two attacking midfielders given a free role behind the striker, and with the support of attacking full backs. So when the fullback is providing width, Jr would be free to roam into space wherever he finds it, but his starting role would be further out wide, albeit not in the sideline-hugging classic winger role.

If Formica turns up next season, an offensive midfield with Olsson-Formica-Holiett playing behind a lone striker would be deadly IMO. Hoilett and Formica could share the pass distribution between them while the other constantly makes runs into the penalty box along with Olsson and a new striker.

I feel that he's not really a pure winger, he's a wide player who needs license to roam inside as well.

Yeah that's a good description.

To be honest that's the role of many modern wide players now - certainly at the top clubs. The likes of Nani, Nasri, Arshavin, Malouda etc. don't just hug the touchline and put crosses in, they start wide but drift around a lot.

Don't forget Martin Olsson and Junior are best mates. They are each other's motivation.

Mum, are they actually best mates? Either way, Junior seems to be a popular figure among the players and I'm glad he's settled after an initially rocky period after coming back from Germany. Getting a run in the side and having the belief of his manager and fellow players has made all the difference - confidence.

Mum, are they actually best mates? Either way, Junior seems to be a popular figure among the players and I'm glad he's settled after an initially rocky period after coming back from Germany. Getting a run in the side and having the belief of his manager and fellow players has made all the difference - confidence.

They ran an interview with the two of them a few months back which was aired at the ground, they live next door to each other and do appear to be good friends.

Indeed, FIFA being one of the games they compete over, with Junior coming out on top in the interview and most times from what they said.

Thought the interview was rather amusing, kind of like a sit com, still waiting on the second episode lol.

I think he has done well on the wing, and surprisingly well in the second striker role. But that's where I see Rochina's future in the 2nd striker role but its a good headache to have. Sign him up to a long-term deal right now.

I think he has done well on the wing, and surprisingly well in the second striker role. But that's where I see Rochina's future in the 2nd striker role but its a good headache to have. Sign him up to a long-term deal right now.

But there will be room for everyone them.

This is the team I play at FIFA now (I know its not comparable!!)

Emerton - JJ - Nzonzi

Hoilett - Olsson

Rochina

OR

JJ - NZONZI

Hoilett - Rochina - Olsson

Striker

I think with our personnel the way to go is 4-3-2-1 og 4-2-3-1

But there will be room for everyone them.

This is the team I play at FIFA now (I know its not comparable!!)

Emerton - JJ - Nzonzi

Hoilett - Olsson

Rochina

OR

JJ - NZONZI

Hoilett - Rochina - Olsson

Striker

I think with our personnel the way to go is 4-3-2-1 og 4-2-3-1

Personally the way I see the team panning out if Formica and Rochina progress as hoped and we sign J Jones:-

-----------------------Robinson

Salgado----Samba----P Jones-----Olsson

-----------------J Jones------Nzonzi

----Formica-------Rochina-------Hoilett

----------------------New Striker

The Rochina/Formica axis is a bit confusing as I am not entirely sure where they are intended to play - Formica has played central midfield, wing and second striker for the ressies. Similarly Rochina has played striker for the ressies, and winger and central midfield for the first team as sub. Maybe Parsonblue has an opinion?

I prefer Olsson on the wing but it is hard to see how he will nail down a place there long term with the others coming through.

Anyway - exciting times! Six very promising young players in there. When was the last time we had that?

Archived