BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

Personally the way I see the team panning out if Formica and Rochina progress as hoped and we sign J Jones:-

-----------------------Robinson

Salgado----Samba----P Jones-----Olsson

-----------------J Jones------Nzonzi

----Formica-------Rochina-------Hoilett

----------------------New Striker

The Rochina/Formica axis is a bit confusing as I am not entirely sure where they are intended to play - Formica has played central midfield, wing and second striker for the ressies. Similarly Rochina has played striker for the ressies, and winger and central midfield for the first team as sub. Maybe Parsonblue has an opinion?

I prefer Olsson on the wing but it is hard to see how he will nail down a place there long term with the others coming through.

Anyway - exciting times! Six very promising young players in there. When was the last time we had that?

Rochina is a striker, probably as a second striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many people will overlook Kean's contribution in this.

Instrumental in Hoilett's development and, it would appear, in his desire to stay at the club.

Superb news.

Totally - and also to give the young lad a freedom to basically float where he wants behind the striker is a good move, it will help Juniors confidence, especially after scoring a goal like the one at Wolves.

I wonder how many people will overlook Kean's contribution in this.

Instrumental in Hoilett's development and, it would appear, in his desire to stay at the club.

Superb news.

I suggested that a little while back and was quite ridiculed for the notion it could have been due to anyone but big Sam. Nice to see the quote from Hoilett that Kean HAS played played a significant role. Apologies on a postcard to...

Kean rightly deserved credit for Hoilett but he could just as easily have developed Hoilett in a position as first team coach, whilst someone better qualified/experienced/placed could have focussed on tactics and getting the best out of ALL of our players.

One swallow does not make a Summer.

One player does not make a manager.

If JJ stays, Rochina and Formica become regular first teamers, and Roque is sent packing, I may change my tune but I'm not basing anything on Hoilett staying. Given the position he's been elevated to, he would be very ungrateful if he left now.

Kean rightly deserved credit for Hoilett but he could just as easily have developed Hoilett in a position as first team coach, whilst someone better qualified/experienced/placed could have focussed on tactics and getting the best out of ALL of our players.

One swallow does not make a Summer.

One player does not make a manager.

If JJ stays, Rochina and Formica become regular first teamers, and Roque is sent packing, I may change my tune but I'm not basing anything on Hoilett staying. Given the position he's been elevated to, he would be very ungrateful if he left now.

And footballers are generally grateful and stick with their team?!!!!!

And footballers are generally grateful and stick with their team?!!!!!

Not generally, no, but some are and I would expect Hoilett to be one. Particularly given his rapid promotion under Kean. If Hoilett can't show Kean any commitment then there really is NO hope for him.

Not generally, no, but some are and I would expect Hoilett to be one. Particularly given his rapid promotion under Kean. If Hoilett can't show Kean any commitment then there really is NO hope for him.

But why expect any more of him than you expect of others? I think he should stay and I think he should repay some of Kean's faith in him, bu do I expect it? No, not really. If he stays, great, but be prepared for footballers to let you down and that way you won't be disappointed.

Hmm. Semantics maybe.

I expect a player, given the chance that Hoilett has had, to repay that faith. Some players will look at it like that others are more mercenary. From what I have seen so far from Junior, he doesn't seem like a mercenary - ergo I would expect him to stay.

Am I certain he will? Of course not. If he does leave at this moment in time, of course I'll be disappointed. Are you saying you wouldn't be disappointed in him?

Hmm. Semantics maybe.

I expect a player, given the chance that Hoilett has had, to repay that faith. Some players will look at it like that others are more mercenary. From what I have seen so far from Junior, he doesn't seem like a mercenary - ergo I would expect him to stay.

Am I certain he will? Of course not. If he does leave at this moment in time, of course I'll be disappointed. Are you saying you wouldn't be disappointed in him?

I wouldn't be disappointed in him. I'd be disappointed in those who advise him that they can't see that the best place for him at the moment at least is with us where he gets chance to develop further without the pressure that comes with being at a big club. I'd be disappointed in the way things are in football that means that young players aren't given time to stay at smaller clubs and develop but have to warm the bench at a big club because that's supposed to be better for them than playing week in, week out against good players in the premier league. But Hoillet - no I wouldn't be diasappointed in him. Having said that I'm hoping he's signing again with us and I think he probably will.

• Backroom

A few years back Titus bramble and a few others did similar for a charity called A-star I think, which is why they made an A with their hands. Not sure if that's what Hoilett does although I like the shoulder brush its retro. I think he used to do an elbow slapping celebration at St Pauli (who coincidentally must wish he was still there)

• Backroom

Whatever it takes, sign up his brother Janeil (?) if that helps!

If he has another season like this one promised he will be off next year but with a contract signed we could see him off to City or Chelsea and be £20m better off.

He'll be aiming for bigger things of course that's only logical but signing a contract would pay back some of the faith and effort the club have given to him.

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a21053_liverpool-eye-bargain-deal-blackburn-star

Hopefully this is BS as they can't even get his name right!!

I hope that this is BS as well but if Liverpool are interested then we will find it very difficult to keep hold of him, £4 million sounds about right for players in the last year of their contract, massive cockup not getting Junior tied down to another contract in January,

It's his power mad dad that we'll need to convince.

Thats what worries me!

Junior says he wants to stay but we have to convince his dad??? Dont like that....the lad has been here since 11 years old, let the boy sign a 4 year deal!

Thats what worries me!

Junior says he wants to stay but we have to convince his dad??? Dont like that....the lad has been here since 11 years old, let the boy sign a 4 year deal!

If he's any gumption at all he'll be deciding for himself. at the age of 20 he should listen to his dad's advice but it's his life, his career and his choice, because it's his signature on the contract. My dad was telling my daughter yesterday that when I came home after a few weeks at Uni and said i was getting married, he and my mum were devastated but decided there was nothing they could do because "she'd have gone ahead and done it anyway". If you can't make your own mind up after listening to other people's point of view by the time you're Junior's age then there's something wrong.

I hope that this is BS as well but if Liverpool are interested then we will find it very difficult to keep hold of him, £4 million sounds about right for players in the last year of their contract, massive cockup not getting Junior tied down to another contract in January,

Isnt there a fee set for players under the age of 24 who were developed by a particular club, contract or not?

Whatever it takes, sign up his brother Janeil (?) if that helps!

If he has another season like this one promised he will be off next year but with a contract signed we could see him off to City or Chelsea and be £20m better off.

He'll be aiming for bigger things of course that's only logical but signing a contract would pay back some of the faith and effort the club have given to him.

If he continues to improve - the price could be well in excess of £20m. It is a bit of a surprise that Liverpool are the only major club to show an interest so far.

Archived