SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Same same, if we lose Jones we bag £16m, if we lose Junior we wouldn't get much more than £5m at the moment, I honestly feel Jr would be harder to replace as well for our team

Ditto - I think Hoilett has a bigger impact too. Yes Jones looks a potential great player but we still have other decent defenders. Its just a problem if Samba also leaves.....then we start to look desperate at the back.

I can't help but think the Jones and Hoilett situations are tied to each other to a certain extent. I am sure both players will be considering staying as well as leaving, but their desire to be at Rovers will be highly influenced by whether we can hold onto our best players.

Surely if Hoilett sees Jones leave (or vice versa) it is going to increase their own motives to depart.

If one goes we could have a bit of a domino effect on the squad... tense times.

Ditto - I think Hoilett has a bigger impact too. Yes Jones looks a potential great player but we still have other decent defenders. Its just a problem if Samba also leaves.....then we start to look desperate at the back.

While I agree I some respects, it was no surprise to me that our massive upturn in form coincided with the return of Jones from injury.

All this said, I cant see Junior signing a deal any time soon.

If one goes we could have a bit of a domino effect on the squad... tense times.

Weird isn't it...I don't remember us having so many desirable players to the bigger clubs at any one time as we do now, yet we've just finished possibly our worst season since the Brian Kidd era. How did we have such a bad season if we have so many good players?!

Le Chuck, the answer might be, that these "desirable" players have just hit the headlines.

Could be, that next year, they don't. It takes time to develop a reputation.

I'm not saying that these guys aren't the real deal, but let's see. They look good in the current set up, but stick 'em in some other and it's a different ball game.

While I agree I some respects, it was no surprise to me that our massive upturn in form coincided with the return of Jones from injury.

All this said, I cant see Junior signing a deal any time soon.

Perhaps but Juniors 5 goals and constant threats when running with the ball in the last half of the season played a huge part. He looked like the only one capable of scoring at times.

Here's an interesting question - how much money do people think is appropriate to offer Hoilett for his deal? I would say he is certainly now our best player with Jones leaving and should get even better. I imagine the top earners at Ewood are on 50-60k. Huge amount of money for a 21 year old, but to be honest it is hard to justify the idea he should be paid less than Pedersen....

Here's an interesting question - how much money do people think is appriaite to offer Hoilett for his deal? I would say he is certainly now our best player with Jones leaving and should get even better. I imagine the top earners at Ewood are on 50-60k. Huge amount of money for a teenager, but to be honest it is hard to justify the idea he should be paid less than Pedersen....

And what figure is his release clause fixed at. :angry:

Following what has happened with Jones – you can bet your bottom dollar that Hoiletts Dad will want a clause inserting...especially with the speed that Hoilett was improving last season.

£30-40k a week, 5 year contract, release clause of £20m seems fair.

I'd think he could be asking for more Hughesy, if reports that Jones was offered £65k are true I'm sure Hoilett will want a nice big slice of the cake.

With Jones we were trying to compete with all the top 6, premier league titles, global recognition, champions league finals and probably several cup finals – with Hoilett we are not….he still has 12 months to go, we would get compo if he leaves for free and therefore its just about him extended to a sensible deal…..I hope this lad shows us abit more loyalty given how Kean has given him a fair crack of it since he came in.

• 2 weeks later...

Not here for the jokes, dear. Someone may have read\heard something but not posted it.

Jesus Christ.

This is why the site unreadable at the moment. Nobody discusses things, they just want to know about news that hasn't happened/ or argue about their fantasy football teams.

If you've not heard anything, nothing has happened.

Ps. Nicko, is there an eleven o'clocker?

I've a suspicioun that Hoillett will not sign a new deal but will stay another year and showcase his ability fully in the Prem shop window before negotiating himself a massive signing on fee somewhere else and leaving us for nothing. At least thats what I'd likely do if I was him.

Bit of a Franz Carr / Andy Crawford type with his Dad acting as his advisor and agent. <_<

Course I could be wrong.......

My tip for people is to block all the people who you want to hear things from. When you scroll down the pages, those on your block list are then easy to spot and there is a handy drop down so you can read what they have said straight away, even though they are blocked. Alternatively, simply go to Nicko's profile, or anybody else's who takes your interest directly and view their posts from there without all the other crap. Bookmark his page if you care enough or continually search for him via the members list. That way following the thread doesn't have to be as laborious and you still get the amusement of viewing the retarded and/or biased posts on top.

Sorry for off topic, but it may cool some people down.

I've a suspicioun that Hoillett will not sign a new deal but will stay another year and showcase his ability fully in the Prem shop window before negotiating himself a massive signing on fee somewhere else and leaving us for nothing. At least thats what I'd likely do if I was him.

Bit of a Franz Carr / Andy Crawford type with his Dad acting as his advisor and agent. <_<

Hopefully he'll have enough belief in himself to believe a club will come in for him given the right release clause, and can also take a wedge from us in the meantime to sign an upgraded contract. If things were to go wrong and he picked up an injury things could take a turn for the worst.

Would we not be entitled to compensation due to his age - even if he's out of contract?

Archived