BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

Is no news good news do you think?

Really hope Rovers tie the kid down to a contract he's earnt.

Sorry but where have I said anything on the lines of 'Nicko heard anything about Hoilett?!'

I think people need to step back and realise that what was a simple conversation starter, if anything, has now been blown out of proportion. This is why the site's unreadable at the moment, people are dying to have a squabble over something.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last thing we heard from Junior was that he loved the club and wanted to stay.

If he was looking to move, maybe we'd have heard his name seriously linked to other clubs (like Samba)

For for me, no news is good news.

Don't know why his dad has to be so difficult to deal with though! If it wasn't for Rovers investing years in DH since he was young he'd never be where he is now. Until one of the big clubs (man u/chel/ars) are interested he should stay and play every week for us.

I've a suspicioun that Hoillett will not sign a new deal but will stay another year and showcase his ability fully in the Prem shop window before negotiating himself a massive signing on fee somewhere else and leaving us for nothing. At least thats what I'd likely do if I was him.

Bit of a Franz Carr / Andy Crawford type with his Dad acting as his advisor and agent. <_<

Course I could be wrong.......

That could be a big bet to take. If we offered him £10k a week more and he refused it he'd lose £52k running his contract out. What happens if he forms dips or he gets injured? Better to take the contract and hand in a transfer request when/if the big club comes in. Looks at Jones, his 5 year contract he signed in January wasn't worth much in the end was it.

Heard something interesting over the weekend - Hoilett is actually already one of the top earners at the club, following his last new contract, so it would take an ever bigger offer to keep him longer.

He apparently wanted out before signing the last contract but the money was that good he had to sign.

No idea if he still wants out or wants to stay now.

I'm not surprised he wanted to leave before signing the last contract because he hardly played and I don't think Sams direct style suited him either.

Hoilett is one of the golden boys at Rovers now and I am sure that he will be offered a deal that won't be matched by any other team.

I'm sure there is interest from other teams but he is a guaranteed first team player here, I'm pretty sure he will stay (fingers crossed).

That could be a big bet to take. If we offered him £10k a week more and he refused it he'd lose £52k running his contract out. What happens if he forms dips or he gets injured? Better to take the contract and hand in a transfer request when/if the big club comes in. Looks at Jones, his 5 year contract he signed in January wasn't worth much in the end was it.

If Hoillett has a good season next year and carries on where he left off last season he'll be worth a Kings ransom. We'll end up with little to nothing depending on FA rules and he'll need a skip just to take his signing on fee to the bank.

Hoilett is one of the golden boys at Rovers now and I am sure that he will be offered a deal that won't be matched by any other team.

I'm sure there is interest from other teams but he is a guaranteed first team player here, I'm pretty sure he will stay (fingers crossed).

Jones Hoilett is one of the golden boys at Rovers now and I am sure that he will be offered a deal that won't be matched by any other team.

Apologies for pinching one of Gordon's favourite hobbiues but I've corrected it for you....................................

If Hoillett has a good season next year and carries on where he left off last season he'll be worth a Kings ransom. We'll end up with little to nothing depending on FA rules and he'll need a skip just to take his signing on fee to the bank.

Ever the optimist.

Read the post you responded to which counters this reply already about the risk.

Jones Hoilett is one of the golden boys at Rovers now and I am sure that he will be offered a deal that won't be matched by any other team.

Apologies for pinching one of Gordon's favourite hobbiues but I've corrected it for you....................................

Yes, agree with that to a point, but I don't think the top 4-5 teams would come in for Hoilett at this stage like they did for Jones.

Maybe in in 2-3 years time but not yet.

I could see teams like Villa, Newcastle, Everton coming in for him but I would hope we can offer him more money than those teams and also the lure of guranteed first team football will convince him that it is best to stay here.

Yes, agree with that to a point, but I don't think the top 4-5 teams would come in for Hoilett at this stage like they did for Jones.

Maybe in in 2-3 years time but not yet.

I could see teams like Villa, Newcastle, Everton coming in for him but I would hope we can offer him more money than those teams and also the lure of guranteed first team football will convince him that it is best to stay here.

If he continues in the same vein as the last six games of the season all the big boys will be turning up at Ewood come January with cheques. So it is important we sign him to secure a large transfer fee as much as it is to keep him at the club.

If he continues in the same vein as the last six games of the season all the big boys will be turning up at Ewood come January with cheques. So it is important we sign him to secure a large transfer fee as much as it is to keep him at the club.

Wonder what the release clause will be set at?

I'd be satisfied with £20-25mil if it is a deal breaker for him signing it.

All of the power is with the player given he's into his final year.

Time to lube up and bend over. Either that or accept he will go for peanuts or less, and stand firm.

I'd like to think Junior wouldn't shaft the club who have nurtured him from being a child and pledge his allegiance to the club, just like Phil Jo... oh wait.

Time to lube up and bend over. Either that or accept he will go for peanuts or less, and stand firm.

I'd like to think Junior wouldn't shaft the club who have nurtured him from being a child and pledge his allegiance to the club, just like Phil Jo... oh wait.

I'd hardly say Jones shafted the club, but oh well.

Given his age we would still get a decent, if not a mega fee. If only Grella and Andrews would shaft us!

Hoilett is as good as English as far as the home grown rule, that alone increases his value, Must get him to sign.

Has this not been coming for a while. Kean said he wanted to wait until the end of the season. I would also like to remind people how well Spit was playing at the start of last season. Yes he is a nasty piece of work but he was in wonderful form and probably out best player.

Anyone know if Junior has re signed?? I believe his Dad was over and meeting Kean and crew today.

Not sure Kamy thought he was flying in today, LT said early July....hopefully we should hear more in a couple of days.

I would not take that. He is the biggest talent at the club now. Rock and hard place for Rovers here but then they Were stupid enough to let drag on.

• Backroom

Seeing as it is public knowledge Phil Jones was offered £80k a week to stay, is Junior going to be happy with a £40k a week offer? He was up there with Jones in terms of influencing games, and offers the team something it's been missing for a long time.

Archived