BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

40k a week is a massive pay increase though.

Don't believe that they will use the P.Jones deal to get a better offer for themselves, but you never know.

Hope it gets signed and if a release clause has to be put in make it £50million!

Umm, 40k a week isn't the INCREASE being mooted, it's the wage. Unless he is currently playing for free.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.mirrorfoo...rce=twitterfeed

regarding hoiletts contract

I can't see Mr. Hoilett Snr accepting that if it's true. Given the sheer talent that the boy has and the fact that he is not even at his best yet it is almost an insult in today's market. (Not that I agree with today's market, but you have to accept the inevitable if you want to keep him)

I can't see Mr. Hoilett Snr accepting that if it's true. Given the sheer talent that the boy has and the fact that he is not even at his best yet it is almost an insult in today's market. (Not that I agree with today's market, but you have to accept the inevitable if you want to keep him)

Agreed Fife.

TBH, I'll be amazed, but very happy if Junior signs a new contract.

Why put stuff like that in the media - Rovers to OFFER - another club could now come in and up the offer. Typical Rovers PR at the moment. Get Junior on the new contract first, then consider mentioning it to the media. Clowns running the show I suppose.

Why put stuff like that in the media - Rovers to OFFER - another club could now come in and up the offer. Typical Rovers PR at the moment. Get Junior on the new contract first, then consider mentioning it to the media. Clowns running the show I suppose.

you only found that out now Pafell? ;)

What makes people think Rovers PR put that line out their?? Its a news article, something to take up space, with no quotes from anyone.

Think people need to be realistic with Hoilett – 40k a week for a young lad, who has just turned 21 is MASSIVE!! It’s probably double his current wage, and it gives him the opportunity to carry on playing in the top league for the next 4-5 years. You also have to look at the fact that since Kean came in he has given him a lot of chances and also a lot of freedom when we play.

Hopefully the contract should be a standard wage, with increments based on no games played in the future, aswell as goal bonuses for hitting certain targets. So they can see that his contract will progress with his improvements on the pitch

Do you really believe Rovers PR briefed that? Some agent will have told the journo ffs!

Do you really believe Rovers PR briefed that? Some agent will have told the journo ffs!

nice to see, our PR team come out and deny all these rumours eh.

I get what you saying EIT, but I think Pafell was merely saying or trying to say, that its a PR blunder if the 40k is not true. if its factually incorrect, then the club should ask that the story be pulled. I know, there are many rumours going around, but somebody at the club needs to put things right if a story is way off the mark

nice to see, our PR team come out and deny all these rumours eh.

I get what you saying EIT, but I think Pafell was merely saying or trying to say, that its a PR blunder if the 40k is not true. if its factually incorrect, then the club should ask that the story be pulled. I know, there are many rumours going around, but somebody at the club needs to put things right if a story is way off the mark

Thanks, I was saying. True or not true it was a blunder to put this out, allow it to be put out, by whoever did so. If it was Juniors agent - his dad - then even worse.

Has the PR team come out and denied the story?

Seeing as it is public knowledge Phil Jones was offered £80k a week to stay, is Junior going to be happy with a £40k a week offer? He was up there with Jones in terms of influencing games, and offers the team something it's been missing for a long time.

Taking to one side the Jones offer - 40k would still make him one of the best paid players at the club. If the club - and his Dad are clever they will put in a tiered approach based on games.

Yeah, was meant as more of a sarcastic comment to be honest.. Would be absurd to expect the club to respond to transfer speculation, not least because it would show our hand. Are there any doubt that you can trust exactly no one when it comes to transfer stories? It's a web of competing interests with no eye for anything like 'the truth'. Guesswork, plants, lies and, at best, half-truths. That's probably why us messageboardians come away from the mass of stories with such different perspectives. There's enough angles and versions written by different journalists for us to filter out the ones we don't like and embrace the ones that confirm what we already believe.

So we have finally started negotiations with the lad, six weeks after the season had ended?

But is that because the club have delayed things or is this the earliest opportunity that his agent has had to speak with the club?

Why do people always blame Rovers for anything negative & absolve the other party?

Innocent until proven guilty? - not at Blackburn Rovers!!!

Lancashire Telegraph reports that Kean made a visit to Canada to have talks with Junior and his dad. Hopefully he will sign a new deal. LT also understands that Junior was not prepares to sign a new deal midway through last season because he wasn't getting regular first team football.

Lancashire Telegraph reports that Kean made a visit to Canada to have talks with Junior and his dad. Hopefully he will sign a new deal. LT also understands that Junior was not prepares to sign a new deal midway through last season because he wasn't getting regular first team football.

So Kean lied?

Kean out!

Not really no……It says he was unsettled as not getting opportunites, however now thanks to Kean he has many opportunities and he has told Canadian Radio he is happy to sign a new deal for us (Believed to be 5 years on offer) and that Kean has played a massive part in settling him again by giving him chances.

Kean has told his Dad the vision of Venkys and also how Junior is a big part of that future.

Not really no……It says he was unsettled as not getting opportunites, however now thanks to Kean he has many opportunities and he has told Canadian Radio he is happy to sign a new deal for us (Believed to be 5 years on offer) and that Kean has played a massive part in settling him again by giving him chances.

Kean has told his Dad the vision of Venkys and also how Junior is a big part of that future.

You mean he used man-management skills to get a player to sign a deal? That wont go down very well with some.

Excellent news.

Get it signed quick!

Just hope Hoilett snr is more gullible than most Rovers fans.

We are still laughing at CL within four years when we cannot organise a proper pre-season and our complete transfer strategy changes every week.

Archived