BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

Has this guy not been tied up to a long contract yet? Surely it does'nt take this long unless the lad is considering his options.

I will be absolutely furious is he is allowed to leave, in our current team he is our best player and we cant even tie him down with a new contract, he should have been the first person signed if venky's wanted to show their intentions.

Time is ticking.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has this guy not been tied up to a long contract yet? Surely it does'nt take this long unless the lad is considering his options.

I will be absolutely furious is he is allowed to leave, in our current team he is our best player and we cant even tie him down with a new contract, he should have been the first person signed if venky's wanted to show their intentions.

Time is ticking.

You say "allow him to leave" but the ball is well and truly in his court.

Assuming he doesn't re-sign, do you keep him for 12 months and allow him to go on a free - which may well be in his mind - or get whatever fee we can get for him?

Personally I'd go for option 1 - he's taking his chances if he ends up with a bad injury and doesn't have a long contract to keep him in wages while he recovers. There's also the question of whether we'd see any of the money if we did sell him.

• Backroom

I wouldn't sell if he doesn't sign on he could be the difference between us going down and staying up, plus theres always the chance he'd had a change of heart.

I'm doubtful that he'll sign now just because it's gone on a long time but fingers crossed!

I wouldn't sell if he doesn't sign on he could be the difference between us going down and staying up, plus theres always the chance he'd had a change of heart.

I'm doubtful that he'll sign now just because it's gone on a long time but fingers crossed!

Maybe it's just the signing on fee and wages that are still being negotiated. If Hoilett leaves because Venkys get this wrong, that would be unforgivable. He is our player and has been for a large part of his life, we know what he's capable of and he's proven PL quality (I wouldn't be good on the other side of the negotiating table opposite his dad - clearly) if we can't make him the right offer there really is little hope of bringing in quality players from outside.

Maybe it's just the signing on fee and wages that are still being negotiated. If Hoilett leaves because Venkys get this wrong, that would be unforgivable. He is our player and has been for a large part of his life, we know what he's capable of and he's proven PL quality (I wouldn't be good on the other side of the negotiating table opposite his dad - clearly) if we can't make him the right offer there really is little hope of bringing in quality players from outside.

I would'nt be known for my patience but for the life of me I could'nt fathom how the hell it would take so long! So many people drooling over possible players we could be bringing in when Junior in his latest form would blow them out of the water.

Venky's will be solely to blame if we dont tie him down as Junior has already stated he wants to be here, we dont have a player as good as him and probably wont be able to sign anyone like him, I rate him very similar to Nzogbia and he is around the 10 million mark so why has he still not signed?

I understand the well it lies with the player its out of our hands but if we are to believe Venky's and Kean when they harp on about finishing around the Champions league places it should be easy to convince him and pay his wage demands.

Been a while since there was news on this, what is going on.

Either he signs or is sold.

Or... We keep him for the last year of his contract. The squad's already weakened enough, why cash in a few million when we can keep him and POSSIBLY encourage him to sign next year?

Dangerous game if you ask me but I do understand where you are coming from.

Look at it this way. What are we gonna get for Hoilett? £4m?

From the looks of it, that won't buy us anyone better. So we might as well keep him and see what unfolds.

Look at it this way. What are we gonna get for Hoilett? £4m?

From the looks of it, that won't buy us anyone better. So we might as well keep him and see what unfolds.

I understand what you are saying. Just seem dangerous to me not to take the money, in case he plays out the year and then goes off to play in Germany and we get nothing

I understand what you are saying. Just seem dangerous to me not to take the money, in case he plays out the year and then goes off to play in Germany and we get nothing

Hoilett could be key to us staying up or not next season. That's worth more than a measly fee.

Definitely keep, so many twists and turns over the next twelve months.

He improves on last season, bigger fish come calling, more for the development fee.

New Manager, he stays and everyone's happy.

A decent league finish and a good cup run may keep him here.

Two transfer windows, who knows who we will sign. :brfcsmilie:

All could be decisive then again we could get relegated. ;)

The prize money he would help increase would be worth keeping him.

I still remember this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9432490.stm

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/blackburn-boss-kean-tells-hoilett-wait-new-contract-talks-1522721

"Let's not have contract talks during the season Junior, let's wait until the summer when our club is in turmoil!"

Baldy buffoon...

We could have been held to ransom by him with regards to release fees with the prospect of relegation hanging in the air. Mid season is the best time to sort it and I'm sure Kean didn't envisage all of this upheaval.

Good to see that Kean spoke with both his mum & dad and also that they were impressed with Kean giving him a chance to progress.

Hope to god this kid signs on, he's our main threat and could potentially be a much better player than the likes of Walcott, Lennon or SWP.

He is key to our future - I wouldnt sell him this summer if he doesnt sign a new deal either....his attacking play is worth far more to us than a couple of £m that we would get with less than 12 months on his contract.

Archived