BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

He is key to our future - I wouldnt sell him this summer if he doesnt sign a new deal either....his attacking play is worth far more to us than a couple of £m that we would get with less than 12 months on his contract.

He will be out of contract so he can walk out the door and zero anyone can do. Go and join any of the german clubs that were sniffing around last time and Rovers get ZERO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will be out of contract so he can walk out the door and zero anyone can do. Go and join any of the german clubs that were sniffing around last time and Rovers get ZERO

Point being that he would be worth more playing the season with us and leaving for ZERO rather than leaving now for a couple of mil that would go straight to Barclays.

True but if he has a good season it's more likely that Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs would want him, meaning compo for him on top of extra placing money if he has a successful season & helps us finish higher

The problem from our point of view is that David Hoilett was given a huge contract (in terms of salary) last time, as in putting him line with the very top earners at the club.

So if he's after another substantial rise, it'd put him in the range of what we allegedly offered Phil Jones to stay.

Is that wise for such a young and still unproven player?

Certainly has potential but I understand the club if they're reluctant to thrown even more cash his way.

I still remember this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9432490.stm

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/blackburn-boss-kean-tells-hoilett-wait-new-contract-talks-1522721

"Let's not have contract talks during the season Junior, let's wait until the summer when our club is in turmoil!"

Baldy buffoon...

I still remember reports saying that Hoilett himself wasn't prepared to talk contracts mid-season - but why let that get in the way of Kean bashing ;)

The problem from our point of view is that David Hoilett was given a huge contract (in terms of salary) last time, as in putting him line with the very top earners at the club.

I find it hard to believe Hoilett was one of our top-earners, when he was still a prospect who barely featured in the last manager's plans.

offer him a little raise, promise to not stand in the way, if a big club comes in.

Perhaps a minimum-fee release clause, in the region of 15-20 million, so he himself would have a say in a poteential transfer.

An exciting player, who still has not reached his full potential, but yet still established. He is definetly an important player and could be for a couple of seasons, if we get him to sign.

Would also be a good statement by venky´s, as they themselves planned to nurture talent and sell later. Hopefully with hoilett, is much later.

I still remember reports saying that Hoilett himself wasn't prepared to talk contracts mid-season - but why let that get in the way of Kean bashing ;)

Well you should be able to provide a link to that.

I find it hard to believe Hoilett was one of our top-earners, when he was still a prospect who barely featured in the last manager's plans.

The manager who went out to Canada and persuaded him to sign a new contract? Let's see if Kean can do the same.

It was in the LT a couple of weeks ago - Cryer said that Junior would not have re-signed

Yeah, I said at the time, that I didn't believe Kean's story, that he wasn't offering Junior a contract, because he wanted him to concentrate on his football. It was obvious that Junior wouldn't commit.

Yeah, I said at the time, that I didn't believe Kean's story, that he wasn't offering Junior a contract, because he wanted him to concentrate on his football. It was obvious that Junior wouldn't commit.

So interestingly - what would you have done ?

Kean's response - was partly true - they could have put pressure on Hoilett to sign a new contract - but decided not to. By effectively taking responsability - he took the pressure off Hoilett - that would have started if it was released he wouldn't sign a new contract. In the process he took loads of flak off supporters - that would possibly have been partially directed at Hoilett and possibly detracted from his form. Even the most anti-Kean would have to admit that it would have been difficult to handle it any differently.

So interestingly - what would you have done ?

Kean's response - was partly true - they could have put pressure on Hoilett to sign a new contract - but decided not to. By effectively taking responsability - he took the pressure off Hoilett - that would have started if it was released he wouldn't sign a new contract. In the process he took loads of flak off supporters - that would possibly have been partially directed at Hoilett and possibly detracted from his form. Even the most anti-Kean would have to admit that it would have been difficult to handle it any differently.

Kean couldn't do anything DMTP. For once I agree that the lie he told at the time, was justified.

Kean couldn't do anything DMTP. For once I agree that the lie he told at the time, was justified.

BTW - not a huge Kean fan - just don't think that many fans have given him a fair crack of the whip. He had a huge learning curve last year - which he admitted himself, and the circumstances of him getting the job weren't the best. What I do like is his positive attitude - he just needs to reign it in a little back into the realms of reality.

BTW - not a huge Kean fan - just don't think that many fans have given him a fair crack of the whip. He had a huge learning curve last year - which he admitted himself, and the circumstances of him getting the job weren't the best. What I do like is his positive attitude - he just needs to reign it in a little back into the realms of reality.

Are you Mrs D in disguise? :D

He talks in a positive way and it is alledged he drives in a positive manner as well.

This is one of the stories from the milkman, you know the same milkman that told us all that Ray Wilkins had bought a house in Wilpshire.

Someone I know very well was with Hoilett recently and asked if he’d be signing a new deal, or seeing out his contract, his answer:

“Yes I think I’ll be signing” was his reply.

Make of that what you will.

Contracts mean little.

Only from one side it seems. Look at the situation at Hull who still cant get rid of Bullard's 50k pw demands even though they are skint. Contrast that with Phil Jones who just upped and left despite being on a long contract.

Is this the only player ever unwilling to accept a raise simply cos it's mid season? :o

Oh wait I'm forgetting David Bentley in January who in spite of Nicko assuring us that Bentley was a 'done deal' had actually (unofficially) agreed to join Spurs in the summer.

Archived