BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only from one side it seems. Look at the situation at Hull who still cant get rid of Bullard's 50k pw demands even though they are skint. Contrast that with Phil Jones who just upped and left despite being on a long contract.

Not true. Contracts are binding for both parties. In the absence of a release - which both parties agreed to going in - it's only emotion that means a player can 'demand' to leave. Well, emotions and dollar signs for eyeballs!

Clubs are only over a barrel when they sign the player . After that, they can't complain if the player or his agent trigger a clause for their own purposes. In the case of Phil Jones, it's his own 'ambition' which made him become a MU player. I'd be gutted to see him rock up at Stoke in a couple of years.

I expect things will be wrapped up once they return from Hong Kong. I'm not sure where I read it (may have been on this MB) but Hoilett, his father and BRFC are hoping to finalise the contract this week.

Fingers crossed.....actually fingers and toes crossed. We all know how good Rovers are at finalising deals during pre-season! :glare:

I expect things will be wrapped up once they return from Hong Kong. I'm not sure where I read it (may have been on this MB) but Hoilett, his father and BRFC are hoping to finalise the contract this week.

Fingers crossed.....actually fingers and toes crossed. We all know how good Rovers are at finalising deals during pre-season! :glare:

It's possibly my abject ignorance of the business side of things, but this one seems to be one hell of a drawn out affair. The noises from the lad seemed positive and obviously the club NEED his fresh signature. So what's up?

A professional club run by amateurs is my personal opinion.

All the football advisors have left (i.e. John Williams) and the people left are learning the hard way how to conclude a deal.

I believe Steve Kean is taking a more hands on approach with regards to Junior and his contract and making sure this is a guaranteed priority that concludes asap.

A professional club run by amateurs is my personal opinion.

All the football advisors have left (i.e. John Williams) and the people left are learning the hard way how to conclude a deal.

I believe Steve Kean is taking a more hands on approach with regards to Junior and his contract and making sure this is a guaranteed priority that concludes asap.

The whole game is run by amateurs in this country and crooks on a world level.

Haven't they concluded that midfield chappy's deal?

Junior definitely a concern, threaten him with rooming with Dunny should seal it.

roversinsider Blackburn Rovers Spy

HOILETT...also an issue as his agent is demanding a release clause no higher than £15m. Rovers say they will NOT insert one... #Rovers

10 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

roversinsider Blackburn Rovers Spy

HOILETT...has told the club he is signing nothing until he sees action. 'talk is cheap' springs to mind. Can't really blame him

This is the one part of this morning's blitz of tweets I can say echoes other things I had heard.

That is not to say I am disputing his other stuff.

There's plenty of interviews which indicate that it was Kean's decision not to sign a deal midway through last season. He didn't want the player to get distracted.

At the same time there were plenty of quotes from Junior saying he wanted to sign a new contract and was looking forward to doing so.

Now we've left it late and his profile has gone up, meaning he can be a lot more demanding now.

Another fantastic Kean decision.

There's plenty of interviews which indicate that it was Kean's decision not to sign a deal midway through last season. He didn't want the player to get distracted.

At the same time there were plenty of quotes from Junior saying he wanted to sign a new contract and was looking forward to doing so.

Now we've left it late and his profile has gone up, meaning he can be a lot more demanding now.

Another fantastic Kean decision.

Or you could say Kean decides to negotiate a new deal half way through the season Hoilett gets distracted with the contract talks going on doesnt play aswell as he did at the end of the season Rovers get relegated.

Good decision Kean

Or you could say Kean decides to negotiate a new deal half way through the season Hoilett gets distracted with the contract talks going on doesnt play aswell as he did at the end of the season Rovers get relegated.

Good decision Kean

How did you manage to get +2 for arguing that Kean was right not to sort out a new contract for Junior? [not that I think that's what happened anyway].

Struth.

• Backroom

Nothing like being selective in what articles you believe eh TGM?

It's since been reported hoilett didn't want to sign a contract mid season which is just as believable and Kean was protecting the player from some of the idiots that frequent Ewood.

That line about not distracting Hoilett mid season was a complete load of tripe. It didn't stop the rest of the team getting fat new deals.

The lad and his Dad were obviously seeing how the season panned out... the delay now is because?

That line about not distracting Hoilett mid season was a complete load of tripe. It didn't stop the rest of the team getting fat new deals.

The lad and his Dad were obviously seeing how the season panned out... the delay now is because?

Why is a a load of tripe because it doesnt fit in with your Kean bashing

Which players signed new contracts last season Samba & Jones both had been established as 1st team players Hoilett only came onto the scene when Kean took over if he had been handed a new contract straight away you would have been asking what he had done to deserve it

Correct, you would think being rewarded a new deal would have motivated him to prove he is worth that increase.

Which players signed new contracts last season Samba & Jones both had been established as 1st team players Hoilett only came onto the scene when Kean took over if he had been handed a new contract straight away you would have been asking what he had done to deserve it

Veterans like Nelsen, Salgado and Roberts all got new deals.

no logic what so ever in thinking, that we didnt give hoilett a contract mid season, so he wasnt distracted.

How many players recieved new contracs mid season.? nelsen, robers, Gamst, others?

all we can is speculate, my assumption is this. With the way things was going, junior and his dad, wanted to wait and see, if we would still be in the EPL.

Now we´ve another season in the epl, there seems 2 obvious choices for him not signing yet.

1. He doubts the direction of the club and who can blame him

or

2. Free agency, big sign-fee and huge wages are only 6 months away.

Why is a a load of tripe because it doesnt fit in with your Kean bashing

How short is your memory? People were clamouring for Hoilett to be signed up for months, it was the talk of this message board after the West Brom game.

You honestly think there would have been an outcry if the most promising attacking youngster we've had since Duff was given a new contract? Get real.

Archived