BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

How short is your memory? People were clamouring for Hoilett to be signed up for months, it was the talk of this message board after the West Brom game.

You honestly think there would have been an outcry if the most promising attacking youngster we've had since Duff was given a new contract? Get real.

And if we didnt have the current manager in place the same most promising attacking youngster would have been sat getting splinters in his backside

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that he was still unproven over a period of time he was being given his chance by Kean he took it he had to prove he could do it over a number of games not just sporadically before he deserved a long term well paid contract. When he had proved it it was in the middle of a scrap not the time for distracting him as i said before his performances could then then have been effected and we could have ended up being relegated as a result

Nothing like being selective in what articles you believe eh TGM?

It's since been reported hoilett didn't want to sign a contract mid season which is just as believable and Kean was protecting the player from some of the idiots that frequent Ewood.

"It's been reported" - firstly personally I'm yet to see those reports. And secondly there's plenty of quotes from Kean in the articles I'm citing.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/blackburn-boss-kean-tells-hoilett-wait-new-contract-talks-1522721

"What I don't want to do is get into contract negotiations now and take away from the type of form he's in," said Kean.

"Let's just keep him playing like that and then, come the end of the season, sit him down and agree a new long-term deal."

This indicates this was very much a decision by Kean.

The fact that he was still unproven over a period of time he was being given his chance by Kean he took it he had to prove he could do it over a number of games not just sporadically before he deserved a long term well paid contract. When he had proved it it was in the middle of a scrap not the time for distracting him as i said before his performances could then then have been effected and we could have ended up being relegated as a result

Kean has been in charge for nearly 8 months (I know unbeleivable!) and this is STILL rumbling on, it is on his watch that he has not signed.

Kean has been in charge for nearly 8 months (I know unbeleivable!) and this is STILL rumbling on, it is on his watch that he has not signed.

And under previous management he wouldnt have signed wouldnt be playing and would probably be leaving or leaving next season on a free

And under previous management he wouldnt have signed wouldnt be playing and would probably be leaving or leaving next season on a free

Those are facts are they?

Can you explain why he STILL isnt signed up? In Keanos own words it would be sorted out at the end of the season, Allardyce playing him or not in 2010 doesn't come into it.

<br />Those are facts are they?<br /><br />Can you explain why he STILL isnt signed up? In Keanos own words it would be sorted out at the end of the season, Allardyce playing him or not in 2010 doesn't come into it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I dont know why he hasnt signed yet i dont claim to be one of the people who knows everything that is going on all i know is that he is more likely to sign with Kean in charge than he was previously. How can you say Allardyce not playing him doesnt come into it if he was still manager we wouldnt be having this conversation because he wouldnt have been given the chance to prove himself.

<br /><br /><br />

I dont know why he hasnt signed yet i dont claim to be one of the people who knows everything that is going on all i know is that he is more likely to sign with Kean in charge than he was previously. How can you say Allardyce not playing him doesnt come into it if he was still manager we wouldnt be having this conversation because he wouldnt have been given the chance to prove himself.

You don't know everything yet you continue to make assertions dressed as facts.

The idea that Kean didn't want to enter negotiations for a new contract with Hoilett because it would distract him made no sense at the time and still doesn't.

Its much more likely that Hoilett refused to discuss it because he wasn't sure what division we'd

be in. After playing so well late on in the season he probably sniffs a bigger club moving for him and a big pay cheque. Therefore he hasn't signed. Hope I'm wrong.

And if we are speculating, I believe Allardyce would have given Hoilett his big chance because he was the manager who worked so hard to get him here when German clubs were after him. Furthermore I believe he would not have been playing for a relegation-theatened team.

That's my opinion and its at least as good as your's.

You don't know everything yet you continue to make assertions dressed as facts.

The idea that Kean didn't want to enter negotiations for a new contract with Hoilett because it would distract him made no sense at the time and still doesn't.

Its much more likely that Hoilett refused to discuss it because he wasn't sure what division we'd

be in. After playing so well late on in the season he probably sniffs a bigger club moving for him and a big pay cheque. Therefore he hasn't signed. Hope I'm wrong.

And if we are speculating, I believe Allardyce would have given Hoilett his big chance because he was the manager who worked so hard to get him here when German clubs were after him. Furthermore I believe he would not have been playing for a relegation-theatened team.

That's my opinion and its at least as good as your's.

we can agree to disagree I think it was the correct thing to do and as you say if it was offered in the middle of last season he may well have turned it down not knowing what league we would be playing in i wouldnt have blamed him if he did.

Then why wasnt Allardyce playing him he played him for 2 games then drop him how can you expect a player to be consistent when being played like that

I think it's better 47er.

And therein hits the nail on the head for why this board is the way it is.

Opionions are opinions, none better or worse. Just because you agree with it more doesn't make it better and just because someone else agrees with it less doesn't make it worse. It's becoming all about people being "proven right" by others agreeing with them now.

Opionions are opinions, none better or worse. Just because you agree with it more doesn't make it better and just because someone else agrees with it less doesn't make it worse. It's becoming all about people being "proven right" by others agreeing with them now.

Would it undermine your point if I one-upped your post?

Ah, screw it.

“@Brownieoak: @martinolsson3 Whats the hold up with Ju

nior ?â€//no worries he will stay

Twitter for Mac • 03/08/2011 20:59

Promising comment from olsson

Edit: damn my slow Internet, one of these days I'll get in first! Lol

Archived