BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

Only messing, I meant Nicko, thought he was a pal of yours.

Oh I see ! Not a mate, though I initially invited him to join the site, a point he recognises and never ignores my questions. A thoroughly good chap.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came onto the last page of this thread to find out information about Hoilett and all I find is inane chit-chat.

It reminds me of Talk Sport Radio station when they have nowt to talk about, no one listening and kick a subject round. and round and round.

And under previous management he wouldnt have signed wouldnt be playing and would probably be leaving or leaving next season on a free

facts...

1. He did actually sign his current contract when it was offered by Allardyce.

2. He hasn't signed the new one that has been on the table for quite some time now.

Sorry pancini but that is the truth. Everything else is just speculation and conjecture by your good self.

facts...

1. He did actually sign his current contract when it was offered by Allardyce.

2. He hasn't signed the new one that has been on the table for quite some time now.

Sorry pancini but that is the truth. Everything else is just speculation and conjecture by your good self.

He signed his current contract after dragging his heels for a while.

He is doing the same again. It's not a surprise.

Would anyone like the situation where, come September 1, he hasn't signed a contract and, in effect, has given the club (and the supporters) notice that he will be leaving.

I don't see the need to pussyfoot around with ANY player who thinks they are bigger and better than the club and if he wont sign then I see no alternative than to transfer list him as soon as :angry:

Would anyone like the situation where, come September 1, he hasn't signed a contract and, in effect, has given the club (and the supporters) notice that he will be leaving.

I don't see the need to pussyfoot around with ANY player who thinks they are bigger and better than the club and if he wont sign then I see no alternative than to transfer list him as soon as :angry:

Yeah, good idea. Sideline our best player and sell him on the cheap. :rolleyes:

Or just keep him for that year and make the most of it. Who knows, he could always resign afterwards.

Or just keep him for that year and make the most of it. Who knows, he could always resign afterwards.

Players come and go. If he won't sign why keep him ? he's going anyway and with a big fat signing on fee from his next club.

'making the most of it' :tu:

With his age, whatever happens we will be due a hefty transfer fee under the home grown rule??

Cant go for nothing.

sign him up...he isnt playing international football until he gets a contract either.

He isn't, and won't be, without a contract. As Topman said we need him. If he wants to look around and doesn't get a better offer elsewhere he can still sign.

If we play hardball he'll just leave even cheaper. He's no qualms about playing abroad so he could stick it to us properly.

Delicate one and I wouldn't be surprised if he's taking a lead from Samba. If Samba stays and we bring in a top striker, I think he will sign up.

Two big IFS though.

Whats the delay with Junior resigning ? We were told weeks ago he was extending his contract, yet so far nothing has happened.

It will probably be something to do with a release clause, i.e. he wants one and we don't. I hope they can compromise soon though, getting Junior tied down would be the most important signing of the summer.

Players come and go. If he won't sign why keep him ? he's going anyway and with a big fat signing on fee from his next club.

'making the most of it' :tu:

Still a fiar bit of water to go under the bridge - Hoilett will be waiting to see who we sign and how well we are doing. If we can come out of the traps well and win a few games then I think it could sway.

No point selling him or sidelining him or whatever. Utterly fantastic player.

With regards to the release clause (rumoured to be £15 million) we should just put it in and get him signed up.

He is not a £15 million pound player yet, if/when the time comes that he wants to leave he will do so, and it would be unlikely that we would get paid much over that anyway regardless

I don't see the problem

From the man himself 'very happy, course I'm going to stay, manager is a good guy and happy to give him a chance, not done yet but will be'.

Tryed grilling him saying 'na ur going to leave' to which he said no mate I'm happy here

Hope he sticks to it

From the man himself 'very happy, course I'm going to stay, manager is a good guy and happy to give him a chance, not done yet but will be'.

Tryed grilling him saying 'na ur going to leave' to which he said no mate I'm happy here

Hope he sticks to it

Thanks for asking him, but he wouldn't tell you or anybody else he was going to be leaving at a Rovers event would he?

Archived