BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kean was properly scraping the barrel for dregs at the end of that list........brings a shiver to you spine seeing some of those crap names, can we do a side by side comparison with citys squad sheet or any other team just to give a dose of realism to those that think kean and this squad are capable of anything above 18th.

kean was properly scraping the barrel for dregs at the end of that list........brings a shiver to you spine seeing some of those crap names, can we do a side by side comparison with citys squad sheet or any other team just to give a dose of realism to those that think kean and this squad are capable of anything above 18th.

Because you need a team anywhere near City's to hit 17th, obviously.

And City is certainly a club you'd associate with reality...

missing the "any other team part" and city is mentioned to give greatest effect, and we can only dream of 17th.

Bag of $$$$$ is the best assessment of our squad.

Any other team?

Swansea, Norwich, Wigan.

Beating those is enough to stop up and we have better squads than them.

I also think we have a better squad than QPR, Bolton, Newcastle and West Brom, or at least equal.

Because you need a team anywhere near City's to hit 17th, obviously.

And City is certainly a club you'd associate with reality...

The reality is, whoever you play, you have to be able to compete and for me, the midfield lacks steel and we dont appear to have a cutting edge up top, so if it be City or Wolves, Everton or Villa, you have to be able to compete.

A Quote I was given on a coaching course is well worth remembering.

'Hard work will triumph over ability always' it is being able to combine the two which will make a team successfull, like Barcelona, its not their skill that makes them such a great side, its their hard work which allows the skill to show through.

Like our motto on our club badge ARTE ET LABORE

The reality is, whoever you play, you have to be able to compete and for me, the midfield lacks steel and we dont appear to have a cutting edge up top, so if it be City or Wolves, Everton or Villa, you have to be able to compete.

'Hard work will triumph over ability always' it is being able to combine the two which will make a team successfull, like Barcelona, its not their skill that makes them such a great side, its their hard work which allows the skill to show through.

Our Motto is so true, ARTE ET LABOR

The 'always' ruins that phrase, but I do see what you mean.

Like our motto on our club badge ARTE ET LABORE

Not sure who said it first but I like, "Hard work beats talent, when talent refuses to work hard."

• Backroom

I can't seem to find anyone the least concerned about what's with Hoiletts injury, where's the thread for info on his condition.

It was in the match thread - he was on his feet in the dressing room, a few stitches, big gash. Probably a concussion, unlikely to play against Arsenal. An ambulance was there waiting for him, but he chose not to board it and went home with the team instead.

It was in the match thread - he was on his feet in the dressing room, a few stitches, big gash. Probably a concussion, unlikely to play against Arsenal. An ambulance was there waiting for him, but he chose not to board it and went home with the team instead.

Thanks for the update, I looked in the match thread but all I saw was mass bitchin about Kean. I was really worried about the lad it looked bad. Thanks again.

If he had suffered a career ending/blighting injury he would have regretted not signing the 5 year contract that's been put in front of him. Instead of picking up c£15m (before tax) to see him through the rest of his life, he'd get 9 months pay to 30 June 2012. Sometimes greed doesn't pay.

Thanks for the update, I looked in the match thread but all I saw was mass bitchin about Kean. I was really worried about the lad it looked bad. Thanks again.

He's quite a resilient character. I remember at Chelsea last season when he was challnged and went about five foot up in the air and landed full on his back. I wish we had a few more like him who would show some bravery from time to time.

Archived