BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I would or not. there's part of me thinks yes, why not and there's a big part of me that says players shouldn't go back. Some work out but more don't. I don't think the question will arise because I think he burnt his boats with the management at Rovers so it's all hypothetical anyway.

You really couldn't make this stuff up. The guy acts like a total tosser, showing the club a complete lack of respect for making him what he is, by going on TV and talking about how he wants to move on and progress, play in Europe and become an England regular. Ever since then, I've despised him. He took a sideways step to a team who consistently under achieve and are drawn to fancy name players, whether they need them or not. He ends up sitting on the bench, playing very so often and in the instances he has played is has found himself on the left wing, just off the striker and on Sunday at right back. He has now lost his England place and with Walcott and Wright-Philips in great form, he is going to find it very tough to get back in, while at a team who are bottom of the league and are a complete shambles. The way that he treated us and how he engineered his move away from Blackburn means that he deserves everything that he gets IMO. Every time we win and they lose, I see it as a chance of sticking two fingers up at that arrogant little sh!t and showing him that the grass isn't always greener, that he hasn't progressed and all he had to do was look at the likes of Bellamy, Neill and Souness as prime examples of how staying at Blackburn is often the better option.

You really couldn't make this stuff up. The guy acts like a total tosser, showing the club a complete lack of respect for making him what he is, by going on TV and talking about how he wants to move on and progress, play in Europe and become an England regular. Ever since then, I've despised him. He took a sideways step to a team who consistently under achieve and are drawn to fancy name players, whether they need them or not. He ends up sitting on the bench, playing very so often and in the instances he has played is has found himself on the left wing, just off the striker and on Sunday at right back. He has now lost his England place and with Walcott and Wright-Philips in great form, he is going to find it very tough to get back in, while at a team who are bottom of the league and are a complete shambles. The way that he treated us and how he engineered his move away from Blackburn means that he deserves everything that he gets IMO. Every time we win and they lose, I see it as a chance of sticking two fingers up at that arrogant little sh!t and showing him that the grass isn't always greener, that he hasn't progressed and all he had to do was look at the likes of Bellamy, Neill and Souness as prime examples of how staying at Blackburn is often the better option.

Absolutely spot on Roy, you have penned my thoughts perfectly.

I watched the EPL preview show on the weekend and Bentley was on it. He basically said he thought it would be easier playing for Spurs. In other words, he realises now that he has to put in a hell of a lot of effort to get in the team, little alone an England shirt.

You'd think someone would just tell him to shut his mouth and let his boots do the talking wouldn't you? He's an arrogant, gobby little @rsehole with pretensions of greatness and the potential to be one of the best right wingers in the country. He needs a different manager! I'd have loved to see him come up against Cloughie :D

Hopefully he can play at Ewood, just so Grella or Warnock can give him a bit of rough stuff.

Add Mokoena and Reid to that list! I would tell them to go out and for each of them to try their hardest to bust him. I wouldn't want to injure him, that would be going too far. But a couple of snapping tackles would do nicely. But he would have to play first. ^_^

RSC and Bentley were a great pairing and for me his crosses for RSC are sadly missed here..Were Keane and Berbertov still at Spurs it would probalby have been a different story but now he's chosen the wrong club....Believe Bolton are showing an inteerst in Mokoena..so maybe we'll soon have more millions to spend on a replacement..!!

Whilst I'm not as hostile as some, like Abbey, I am enjoying Bentley's bad run after his dummy spitting before his move. All the more so because he went to the foreskins, who are the most arrogant deluded bunch of tossers around.

hey im a cuddly little soft teddy bear. <_<

Have there actually been any direct quotes from Bentley blaming Ramos yet? I'm still very sceptical about this story.

To answer an earlier question, I'd take him back (loan or otherwise) in an instant. In fact, if I was Paul Ince, I'd be slapping in a £6-7 million pound bid in right now to see how they react.

To be fair regardless of Tottenham's shocking (and for me delightful) form was a stupid move for Bentley.

Firstly they always have eight gazillion midfielders so it was obvious that he'd be rotated and playing less games regardless of their form.

Secondly Spurs were not going to get Champs League football, either this season or the next. As Bentley wanted Champs League football, and (assuming he produced some decent form) Spurs would not want to let him go after just one season, in effect by signing for Spurs Bentley has deferred Champs League football for at least another 2 seasons as oppose to one had he stayed and starred for rovers for another season.

Equally had Spurs kept on to their strikers, they would always take the limelight from bentley, whereas at rovers he'd pretty much be the star along with santa cruz. Well at least Bentley can be relieved that this hasn't proved to be an issue.

Bit gutted by the whole thing really, as in my mind he is one of the most talented players and probably the best english right mid, if not among the top 3/4 in the prem when on form. It'd have been cracking if he had stayed with us and really cemented himself as an icon at Ewood and a perminant fixture in the England team. He and Emerton on the right flank were one of the most exciting combos I've ever seen at rovers. I guess 3 seasons isn't bad for loyalty in football these days but it doesn't seem like much.

As it is, wanting the move in such a vocal way and moving to Spurs of all clubs is a real kick in the teeth. Long may their and his poor form continue.

More priceless quotes from our hero..........

“We are talking about it all as men, and sorting it out as men, not like children. It’s not about individual egos either it’s about working together.

“If I only played 30 games out of 60 and we finished in the top four or won something I would be happy. I am a team player and what happens to Tottenham is far more important than what happens to me.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...s-Football.html

southendspursman, Tottenham Hotspur fan.

Posted Today @ 09:17 View all southendspursman's posts

you are a bigger joke

superspurs83, Tottenham Hotspur fan.

Posted Today @ 08:26 View all superspurs83's posts

Its about time you lot stopped telling the press how your going to change you season about and actually do something about it on the pitch!

Looks like a few Spurs fans are getting fed up with his love of the press!

from the let

"We're not happy with what has been happening. You cannot hide from the situation but what we need are a team of leaders who take responsibility. We have to grow as people.

"We have more than enough good players at Tottenham to get us out of this situation and I give my word that we will."

Bentley, who moved to White Hart Lane from Ewood in the summer for £15million, does not regret the switch to north London and is backing Ramos to turn things around.

"I'm fully behind him, 100%," the 24-year-old told The Sun.

"I still love being at Spurs and I don't regret joining the club for one second.

"I know I haven't been at my best but I haven't become a bad player in a fortnight.

"The manager believes in me."

I loved the last bit!

yeah thats right, thats why he is playing you every game and in your favorite position :lol:

Archived