BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where Spurs went wrong was selling their best players for big money in the close season and failing to adequately replace them. Thank goodness Rovers would never do a thing like that... :rock:

Spurs spent lots of money on players that haven't performed as well as failing to replace strikers. Rovers, on the other hand, tried to replace Bentley and were unsuccessful but we've had this conversation before...

The difference between Spurs and Rovers? About 8 points. Spurs have faced Chelsea out of the top '4' whereas we've faced Arsenal and Man U so I don't think comparing Spurs and Rovers quite works right now.

Spurs spent lots of money on players that haven't performed as well as failing to replace strikers. Rovers, on the other hand, tried to replace Bentley and were unsuccessful but we've had this conversation before...

The difference between Spurs and Rovers? About 8 points. Spurs have faced Chelsea out of the top '4' whereas we've faced Arsenal and Man U so I don't think comparing Spurs and Rovers quite works right now.

Right on- Spurs got a draw against Chelsea ;)

Where Spurs went wrong was selling their best players for big money in the close season and failing to adequately replace them. Thank goodness Rovers would never do a thing like that... :rock:

I liked the humour of it. Anyway, to move on. I spent an eveing with a pal who is a very long standing Blackpool fan. He couldn't understand Bentley's going to a club that had just sold one of their main strikers and whose other star striker was highly likely to also move in the close season. He thought it was barmy.

Its only Tribal reporting it but Benitez is reportedly interested in taking Bentley from Spurs.

Where's the money coming from or is a swap on the cards? According to Gunner Graham they are all spent up with a big debt to service early in the New Year.

The story about Bentley going to Liverpool is gathering pace with a £12m price tag mentioned. Liverpool do have Pennant and Alonso they can ship out to fund it.

I wonder what deal was struck by Rovers re the additional £2m in the event of an early transfer. Hopefully it becomes payable. Rovers had enough prior warning that Bents can become a pain if a whiff of a transfer was in the air to have covered their bases on this one, surely?

Getting really annoyed with him not playing though..........................for fantasy football reasons.

I cant sub him out now because he has lost too much money.

Can you imagine if he does goto Liverpool - he will just be given a chance to sit on a different bench.

A good footballer gone to waste if you ask me. For his disrespect to us (after what we did for him - he did become an England international of course at Rovers and hailed the next Beckham) I couldn't be happier what is happening to him.

I have no idea if Bentley will turn around his career, or if he will turn out to be one of a huge number of players who do not achieve their potential. But, if you are reading this DB, this is my advice:

Read the article written by Henry Winter in today's Daily Telegraph, especially the last 4 paragraphs-just in case you are bored by the whole article. HW says that Capello, as well as lauding Rooney and Heskey, praised Gerrard for his honesty about his underperformance for England.

"It is important that one player is willing to be critical about himself. I remember a lot of players who criticise the managers, the coaches. You need players with humility and that is important. It is respect for other players, for managers."

So, there you have it. Not only do you have to get playing well again but you also have to show humility if you want to impress Capello. You might well say he'll be gone in a few years and you will be right. But can you wait that long?

I await with interest any change in your career.

From the BBC- it gets even better:

Angry Tottenham players have complained to boss Juande Ramos they are too hungry to perform after being ordered to follow strict dietary rules. (Sun)

:lol:

So he is not only earning £6k a week less than he would have got at Rovers, they are not even feeding him as well!

From the BBC- it gets even better:

Angry Tottenham players have complained to boss Juande Ramos they are too hungry to perform after being ordered to follow strict dietary rules. (Sun)

:lol:

So he is not only earning £6k a week less than he would have got at Rovers, they are not even feeding him as well!

Tom Huddlestone is allways hungry!!!

Without sounding repetetive, David Bentley looks so out of place in this Tottenham line up.

His style of football neither suits the team and by the look of it Tottenhams style of play certainly does him no favours.

He has spent 58 minutes or so looking for the ball, sending over the odd cross, making the odd pass and preening his new found southern style hairdo :P

BTW Spurs look truly awful and how much did they cost ?

I dont know the exact sums, but the team that started cost in excess of £100m !!!!

Archived