BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

I thought Nani was brought in to replace Giggs in the long term?

That's true, I forgot about Nani.

They'd still need another quality wide man though, I don't think they'd want to be using Fletcher on the right in big games should Nani or Ronaldo be unavailable.

Also, they play more of a 4-3-3 now (Ronaldo certainly hasn't scored 19 goals from an orthodox midfield position) so it's possible all three could play.

I'll end this hypothetical drivel now actually, I don't believe Bentley will end up at Man Utd, I just think they'd be the most likely suitors from the big four.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: i cannot believe after one 90 minutes for england rovers are negotiating a new contract with bents,the game has gone MAD :brfcsmilie:

I take your point but if we did nothing and he cleared off for peanuts we would all be saying why didnt we renegotiate his contract as soon as he played a full game for England.

• 4 weeks later...

Arsene's impressed... not

To be fair to Wenger, he has not been slow in letting players move on. Thus far Diarra has not starred at Pompey, Gilberto was a disaster for Spurs last night, Henry has had occasional moments for Barca but has scarcely been missed, Forssel's injuries have diminished him thus far and going back Vierra has not been the colossus he was and Anelka has yet to become the player he would have become had his head not got in the way.

The only player Arsene has released who has really blossomed is Bentley and with 30 plus brilliant players available to him, Bentley's words are the last thing he wants them all to be hearing.

To be fair to Wenger, he has not been slow in letting players move on. Thus far Diarra has not starred at Pompey, Gilberto was a disaster for Spurs last night, Henry has had occasional moments for Barca but has scarcely been missed, Forssel's injuries have diminished him thus far and going back Vierra has not been the colossus he was and Anelka has yet to become the player he would have become had his head not got in the way.

The only player Arsene has released who has really blossomed is Bentley and with 30 plus brilliant players available to him, Bentley's words are the last thing he wants them all to be hearing.

I think you might find it is a different Gilberto. One being Gilberto Silva, the other Gilberto Da Silva. Both probably have 50 other names in there somewhere.

Forsell played for chelsea... possibly confusing him with Bendtner.

Henry and Viera he knew were past their prime and getting too injury prone. Brave sales but i think he sold both of them 1 year too late. Anelka he had no control of the situation. Wenger wanted to keep him but couldn't.

As i said to my brother a staunch gunner... eboue has shown nothing to deserve the spot in the Arsenal lineup that bentley or walcott could have? Poor temperament, no final ball, cant finish. Possibly the poorest character in the epl. If bentley was pinging in balls to adebayor or Bendtner the would be unstoppable.

Oops- thanks for that Gilberto clarification. And Forsell- early morning -_-

Agree re Eboue v Bentley. Thankfully, Arsene got that one wrong!

I'd dispute Diarra hasn't done well for Portsmouth. He's been ace and is definately a class act, I'm pretty sure he'll end up back at a top club...

Eboue is pretty poor and I'm sure Wenger would take Bentley ahead of him now. I still think it's wrong of Bentley to be talking about what Walcott should and shouldn't do. His last comments about Arsenal were stupid as well. I think he's too eager to spout off...

Wengers a two faced, gifted prat.

"I don't know why one player should incite another to leave his club. It's not his job. I don't know why he should say that. Ask him.

Well maybe there are one or two french or spanish clubs that would have something to sat about Wenger's ability to unsettle youngsters previously attached to their clubs.

Link

I think a lot of people who are slating Bents haven't even listened to the interview on Talksport. In the interview he didn't say Walcott should leave immediately, he said from his experience if Walcott comes to a point where he's feels he can't break into the side then perhaps he should look at moving to another club. Bents in other words was just going off his experience, we have all seen that playing week in week out is unlocking the potential Bentley has. The Newspapers covering this story, came out with sensationlist headlines like Bentley tells Theo to leave, which clearly isnt the full story.

Wenger as usual has gone over the top. No suprise there :rolleyes:

Yet again you are assuming, when you clearly don’t have the knowledge to make an informed statement

Diarra has been quite immense since signing for Pompey

Viera did well for Juve but since moving to Inter where he has struggled

Boa Morte was Fulhams best player for seasons

Upson is an England international after wenger let him go for peanuts

Overmars did well for Barca

Sidwell, did extremley well for reading- before becoming greedy

Harper is also a decent ex-Arsenal player, plying his trade at Reading

Anelka has done well, wherever he goes his problem is his attitude and his money grabing brother.

Lupoli is doing ok at the Viola

Manniger is a regular at Sienna and imo is better than Lehman.

Lupoli is doing ok at the Viola

Has Lupoli broken into the Fiorentina team? I read, quite a while back, that he wanted to leave due because he couldn't get a game.

Also what happened to that former Dutch gooner, Quincey-Obeye (sp? completely wrong no doubt).

Has Lupoli broken into the Fiorentina team? I read, quite a while back, that he wanted to leave due because he couldn't get a game.

Also what happened to that former Dutch gooner, Quincey-Obeye (sp? completely wrong no doubt).

Abeyie has gone to Celta Vigo on loan form Spartak Moscow.

:rover: I think walcott has played for arsenal a damm site more than bentley ever did :brfcsmilie:

You have a point there waggy. Another, related difference is Bentley's a product of the youth system whereas Walcott's a very expensive signing, so perhaps there's more pressure on Wenger to "make a player" of him.

Since the u21 episode when Bentley voluntarily came on radio and defended himself so eloquently he now seems to be a bit of a target for the media for a a "rent a quote" on more or less anything.

It's a compliment to him in a way but it might be wise for him to keep his counsel for a while on things that aren't specifically related to him.

I saw a dead ringer for Philipe Senderos get off the bus at Morrisons this morning, spit and image he was. And unbelievably at the next stop (ATS Tyres) a Sean Bean look-a-like got off. What are the chances of that?

Was Senderos looking lost, confused and in a bit of pain? It wouldn't surpise me if it was him. As for Sean Bean, he often get's the bus to look at the tyres up your way on a Friday. But the two together? I doubt you'll see them again. I'll give you 16/1.

There's a bloke at our place who used to play for burnley's Youth Team. His going a bit grey at the sides so everyone calls him "Gary Lineker" or even just "Gary" for short, not all the time like, we call him "Rob" normally. He looks absolutely nowt like the boy Lineker though.

You have a point there waggy. Another, related difference is Bentley's a product of the youth system whereas Walcott's a very expensive signing, so perhaps there's more pressure on Wenger to "make a player" of him.

Wenger will make a player out of him alright ; at this stage of his career it would be daft for Walcott to move - just when he's coming good and getting real match experience .

Good for England also if Theo stays and learns from Wenger and the great players he works with .

Maybe it's the England forward competition that explains why Bentley would like him to move down a level ... :unsure:

Archived