BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

I saw a dead ringer for Philipe Senderos get off the bus at Morrisons this morning, spit and image he was. And unbelievably at the next stop (ATS Tyres) a Sean Bean look-a-like got off. What are the chances of that?

A Catherine Zeta Jones look-a-like was in my bed last night. - What are the chances of that. :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont like that - even though he says he Loves the club etc it looks to me like there is a big 'but' in there as he is talking about he would find it hard to leave, but its a big decision etc. It sound like he could be saying.

but...... i want to play in the champions league or

but...... I want to win trophies and profress further as a player.

It sounds to me like he'd sign a long term deal if there was a release clause in it.

He'd be stupid to leave IMO.

United have plenty of midfielders, Arsenal won't take him back, he'd be a squad player at Chelsea, and Liverpool couldn't afford him :D

Any other move would be a sideways step - and again - who could afford him.

He has however been linked with European clubs in the past - maybe he dreams of playing in Spain or somewhere?

he'll go to chelsea or liverpool.

why would he stay when he can get champs league football by joining liverpool or chelsea. he'd fancy his chances of getting into the starting XI at both those clubs...

we missed our chance of holding onto him when we decided to give hughes no money in the push for europe.

He says ''Hopefully I'll sign.''

Now I don't know why our age is so complicated that a man who says he wants to do something as simple as sign a contract he's been offered struggles to do so.

''I don't really get involved?''

In what? Making your own decisions?

And finally ''Long term contract etc etc.''

Now you really are taking the preverbial out of us.

Do you really blame him? I genuinely do think he's speaking his mind here, remember he's already contracted till 2011, this would probably have him contracted till 2013 im guessing so it's a huge decision to make to committ what is basically half of the best years of his career from now to a club which isn't going to push for major honours. I'm in no doubt whatsoever that he loves the club, you can tell that from everything he's ever said about the club and I really think he's being sincere. But he's got his career to think about too.

The guy is clearly ambitious but is seemingly genuinely happy at the club. However, by signing a long term contract that will commit him to the club for a huge chunk of his career. Is it any surprise that a) he wants to make sure he makes the right decision and b ) he wants to make sure he gets the right deal?

This is football remember and Bentley is a professional player!

Lets not forget that others who 'loved this club' in recent times included Hendry, Duff, Dunne, yet they all moved when it suited. Lets face it everybody has a price (and that includes the club) and if we all bear that in mind then it will make any future situation should he leave easier to understand, and should he stay should make us all the more grateful.

If he keeps getting better then he's going to leave whether we, Rovers or even Bentley himself, like it or not. Thats what happens in football. I am pleased that he sounds quite realistic about things rather than going through the usual badge kissing, supported them as a boy, rubbish and then leaving anyway. I really hope that people don't start slagging him off though, we bought him for next to nowt and we'll sell him for £10M or so after he's given us plenty of good memories...he owes us nothing.

Let's not get carried away and believe , like I suspect Bentley himself is beginning to believe , that he already is some kind of international star .

He's not . He's got great potential but at present is putting in 1 good game in 3 or so - and 1 great game in a lot more than that ....

Time for Bentley to stop giving these interminable interviews , become more consistent on the pitch ....and just wait for developments to happen in their own good time . He'd be stupid to leave for at least another season yet .

Again Bentley is spouting off to the media. Hughes should tell him to stay away from the press. However, my view is who can blame him for thinking about moving on? This season was our chance to push on and although Bentley's form hasn't been as good as he thinks it has, he is right to be ambitious. Unfortunately the club decided to try to do things on the cheap and we have gone backwards.

People say any other club outside the Big Four is a sideways step but if the club continue give Hughes such pitiful financial backing then it won't be long before Tottenham, Portsmouth, Everton, Villa and Manchester City become obviously more attractive options, especially if Hughes gets tired of the situation and leaves.

Last Summer there was a clear opportunity for the club to make a break into the top 4 but we didn't take it. The team is clearly stale now and I worry about us next season. I think we could have made a few changes last Summer and the team would have been better and the players happier. Now we are going to have to make major changes and it seems as if Bentley wants to move on...

Bentley warns Rovers team-mates: "You're all failures if we fail to make it into Europe"

Well unfortunately Rovers have got their work cut out to qualify for Europe this season, especially after last Saturday's dismal draw at home to Fulham. I fear that at the end of the season Bentley could well be describing this campaign as being a "failure" and he might be seriously tempted to join another club.

Obviously I hope Bentley stays, but having had numerous disappointments in the past in terms of players deciding that they've had enough of our club, I wouldn't be surprised if Bentley became another in the long list of players to seek a move away.

Watch the anti-Bentley venom mount now.

Have we any reason to doubt the resident red top journo on this one?

Don't let that get in the way of a nasty rant boys.

I haven't seen Jim post on this subject!!

SussexRover and TonyGailsMic...

Sign the best part of his career away? Do me a favour. Professional football contracts are just high brand toilet paper. You sign them for two reasons...

1. Get a pay rise.

2. Token jesture to show the club you are atleast a little bit committed.

Don't start with the ''atleast he's being honest, he says he loves the club and all etc etc...''

He's just unsure whether to leave this summer or later down the line.

Archived