BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

Can we not just enjoy the fact that he is still with us rather than having a go at him. The only way he will be still with Rovers in 2 years time is if he either :-

a) loses form

B) gets injured

As we hope niether of these will happen we'd better get used to the idea that he is gonna go. This doesn't make him disloyal, it just means he will be offered a new job with a much higher salary and the chance to win things. I would take it, wouldn't you?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were he to sign a contract extension now, we could at least have a slightly more comfortable summer.

2011 expiry means his transfer value to Rovers starts dropping from summer 2009 if you want to look at it in the worst case.

My gut feel is that Nicko is calling it right. But I'll be much more nervous overall if we do not even make Intertoto.

SussexRover and TonyGailsMic...

Sign the best part of his career away? Do me a favour. Professional football contracts are just high brand toilet paper. You sign them for two reasons...

1. Get a pay rise.

2. Token jesture to show the club you are atleast a little bit committed.

Don't start with the ''atleast he's being honest, he says he loves the club and all etc etc...''

He's just unsure whether to leave this summer or later down the line.

So what if he wants to leave later down the line? Would you honestly stay at Rovers for the rest of your career if you were him?

What a non-story. Surely noone believed he was going to end his career here? I just hope he keeps on playing well, gets more consistent, and helps improve the team before leaving for a hopefully massive fee. I'd love it if he stayed here the rest of his career, but pretty much no chance of that happening.

So what if he wants to leave later down the line? Would you honestly stay at Rovers for the rest of your career if you were him?

No.

But what I'm saying is if he wants to leave in a year or two, sign the contract, as every pro does.

However, if you want to leave at the next opportunity.....

Watching Bentley on Goals on Sunday.

Like he did yesterday, he seems really frustrated by our league position. It will be a failure if we don't make Europe.

Other points:

With regards to staying at Blackburn - said, you never know what is round the corner in football, but he enjoys life at BRFC.

We have not played as a team this season, too much as individuals.

Said he hoped we receive investment in the summer to bring in some top players.

Keeping Hughes is essential for BRFC, he is destined for the top as he is a top manager, but if a top club comes in for him he will obviously leave.

Keeping Hughes is essential for BRFC, he is destined for the top as he is a top manager, but if a top club comes in for him he will obviously leave.

I think what will happen is that Bentley and Hughes will be with us next season however, I have a feeling that Hughes is getting very frustrated and wont be long before he does want to move and when that does happen I reckon that Bentley will go with him.

Sad I know but thats the way I see it.

We as fans can only echo his frustration at our current league position.

The points we have frittered away is going to come back and haunt us.

Games we should really have won and took more points like the following =

Everton away (should have won)

Pompy, Villa home (should have won or at least taken a point)

Fulham home and away (should have given us 6 points)

wham home and away (should have taken at least 3 points)

Wigan away (should have taken a point if not all 3)

Boro home (should really have taken 3 points)

Villa away (did enough to take all 3 but settled for 1)

Everton home (should have got all 3)

If Rovers would have accumulated 10 points or more out of the above list then our season would be well and truly alive and would have seen us in 5th or 6th spot looking very very foward to the final quarter of the season. Now its the after the Lords Mayor show as we struggle to end the season on a high.

....If Only eh ?????????????

Bentley is leaving in the summer.

100%

Why you say that?? Anything over £15m and they can have him - ye she is one of our better players and has developed well but he isnt consistent. £15m + is too good to turn down.

Why you say that?? Anything over £15m and they can have him - ye she is one of our better players and has developed well but he isnt consistent. £15m + is too good to turn down.

I seem to rem they said that about Anelka leaving Bolton.

One thing i know is if he does leave there is no way we'll get 15million, come on this is blackburn rovers. We always get ripped off, there's bound to be a clause in his contract saying any team making a bid of 8mill beginning with a M or C or A or L he can leave on the cheap.

Every time I try to go on the Sun's website my firefox browser closes.......... :blink:

edit: 'tis okay on Explorer..........

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Looks a bit like 'come and get me' to me. Sparky may have some tough decisions to make come summer. :unsure:

One thing i know is if he does leave there is no way we'll get 15million, come on this is blackburn rovers. We always get ripped off, there's bound to be a clause in his contract saying any team making a bid of 8mill beginning with a M or C or A or L he can leave on the cheap.

...always ripped off...? Sutton £10m? Duff £17m anyone? There is no clause but probably will be in the new one. Which is sensible. Bentley will leave and he should leave with our best wishes. if you are one of the best players in the country then you should want to be playing the best football this country can offer. And if the Rovers cant even offer UEFA let alone Champs lge then it is fair enough. Anyting around the Duff price is good business. What is more important is the Sparky situation and hope he is happy with the fact that sooner or later his better players go unless we have a magical run one year. We can always dream... lets hope he does too.

...always ripped off...? Sutton £10m? Duff £17m anyone? There is no break clause but probably will be in the new one. Which is sensible. Bentley will leave and he should leave with our best wishes. if you are one of the best players in the country then you should want to be playing the best football this country can offer. And if the Rovers cant even offer UEFA let alone Champs lge then it is fair enough. Anyting around the Duff price is good business. What is more important is the Sparky situation and hope he is happy with the fact that sooner or later his better players go unless we have a magical run one year. We can always dream... lets hope he does too.

Archived