Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bye bye David

20m please!

There is nothing new in that article, all it says is that he desires European football, which looks to me a similar quote from the last interview he gave which he said that but said if we don't make it then we deal with it and try again next year. It doesn't say he will go looking elsewhere should we not make it.

I can't see him wanting to move to many clubs at the moment, he has a cushy number here for another season and then a year at a top club to lead him into the world cup.

They just seem to be stirring things up, but it doesn't help when Bentley just keeps chatting to these journos.

Yes, the squad desires European football next season but half the time they couldn't be bothered to put in a good shift to help ensure it :angry:. Just a little bit more effort on many occasions and it would have been cut and dried by now.

Yes, the squad desires European football next season but half the time they couldn't be bothered to put in a good shift to help ensure it :angry:. Just a little bit more effort on many occasions and it would have been cut and dried by now.

Agreed Roversmum.

If he was to go- I can't see him going to any of the big four.

1) Man U- He's good, but not as good as Ronaldo

2) Chelsea- Steve Sidwell anyone? Big fish in a little pond supposedly at Blackburn- move to Chelsea and he'll get no more than a wet Tuesday evening at Rotherham in the League cup.

3) Arsenal- Wenger would never admit he was wrong, so won't go in for him

4) Liverpool- Too much rotation going on there for him to keep his place.

Unless Liverpool change manager in the summer, or he goes abroad, and we don't get into Europe, then he'll be left with Portsmouth, Everton or Tottenham.

Unless Pompey or Everton throw stupid money at us, I can't see him going!

:rover: IF we get £10 million i will be happy,£15 estatic,£20 million i will be dreaming :brfcsmilie:

He has three years left on his contract, is an England international. Liverpool think they can get him for £12 Million, but they are deluded. You are looking at £15 million just to get Rovers thinking about the possibility.

He has three years left on his contract, is an England international.

Rovers are under no pressure to sell him, he will not drop his performance level because if he does he won't be in the England squad, which seems to be his main priority.

I think the old Cockney rhyming slang dictionary needs to replace James Blunt with Stephen Hunt...

Personally I think David Bentley's more of a prick than Stephen Hunt even if he is a better player. He needs to learn to shut his trap, he's not just being a ###### to his club at the moment. He was one at Arsenal, Norwich, E U21's and now is alleged to have been behaving like one with England last week. He was also gobbing off about Walcott the other week. It's getting really boring...

I used to think he was unfairly judged but now I'm starting to think like most of the other fans in this country. As a player, I'd like him to stay but only if he's willing to shut it and get on with his game whilst he's here...

If he's not willing to do that then he can go and see if the grass is greener, it very rarely has been for others who have left us. I would just hope the board would do the right thing with the money. I'd trust MH to see that we didn't miss Bentley like we did Duff (who was clearly better than DB).

I don't particularly have a problem with him wanting to go to better himself. Especially if he does what lots of English players haven't done and goes abroad. I don't have the delusion that BRFC is a footballing utopia but it's a good club who have treated him well. He took a long while to get into good form...

The difference with your job is that I doubt you are putting adverts in the newspaper telling everyone that you may be up for leaving your current job or telling all your colleagues the same, which is what talking to the media does, effectively. My problem with Bentley is his gob. It does him or the club no favours. He should get on with his game until the end of the season...

Maybe I'm being harsh on him but I started to worry about this happening when he started shooting his mouth off all the time when he sacked the U21's off. He has become a media rent boy over the last 12 months...

I actually think he's a good lad but that MH should stamp this BS out. It impresses nobody but the tabloids and won't be impressing managers of bigger clubs. Ultimately, I hope he stays but if he does then he has to stop going to the press all the time...

I think Bentley is news at the monent so the press are plastering his name all over the place.

It's quite possible that all of the articles written recently (daily?) have come from about 3 or 4 interviews over the space of the last 12 months. That doesn't strike me as DB mouthing off.

In addition, I don't believe what the press write.* We don't know what DB is really saying, espcially from a contextual perspective. They'll twist things to make a story and make some money.

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

* Nicko's one of the lads and is an exception...

End of the day Bentley IS Englands 1st choice right winger going forward, we know it, capello knows it, Bentley knows it. So hiding behind the England thing is totally transparent. just tell the truth Dave.

Lets face it, football is fast turning (or has already turned) into a kind of monopoly that wouldnt be allowed to exist in any other market place. Any competitor has an asset; grab it quick and strenghen your position at the expense of the weaker.

Our job, make the very most of that asset. 18mill plus a swap deal.

He has three years left on his contract, is an England international. Liverpool think they can get him for £12 Million, but they are deluded. You are looking at £15 million just to get Rovers thinking about the possibility.

I see the term 'deluded' in that post.

£15m before we start thinking as well.

Archived