BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish he would just shut up now, everyday there seems to be a new interview with him somewhere, its getting boring. Even some papers are just taking what he says in a different interview and making a new interview out of them. If he shuts up, they can't make any of them up. Won't happen with him signing some deal with The Sun.

I used to like the lad, but he is coming across as an egotistical prick at the moment in my eyes.

EDIT-BTW the post were about the lad in general not about what he's said in the LET

Exactly....this is what frustrates me with this football is rubbish the game has changed so much argument. I've been going now for over 20 years so i'd say I was probably around average in terms of time served. I can't remember a time when if we had a really good player, he would stay with us out of pure loyalty and never move on. I certainly cant remember a time when the players used to catch the bus with us fans and share a pint or two before and after the match.

When was this golden era exactly? The only time we've ever been ultra confident of keeping all our players is when we were either rubbish, or we had Uncle Jack's money, and even then we still lost some. I accept the game has become predictable in the sense of the 'big 4' winning everything, but us losing our best players, always has happened always will.

Bill Eckersley...Ronnie Clayton.....Bryan Douglas.....Eddie Quigley.....Eddie Crossan.......Bobby Langton......Shall I go on?

Which is

here

Can't believe no one's picked up on this paragraph from that Observer story...........

"I was addicted to gambling when I was younger, everything from horses to online poker. I got in the habit of going to betting shops with my mates and their dads. Eventually I gave it up and I haven't gambled for three years."

So he hasn't gambled for 3 years...... about as long as he's been away from Arsenal!!! :o

Questions...

1. Is gambling endemic at Arsenal?

2. Given their well publicised problems with Adams and Merson I'd have thought the anti-gambling discipline at Arsenal would have been much much stricter.

I think its funny, this response to Bentley. In a strange way, it might be good publicity for the club.... get a few more folks like Bentley in the blue and white halves having a good time witht he media, maybe the media warms up, challenges or ar least fails to reinforce the bully boy tag, and maybe we pick up 10-15 fewer cards a season.

I think its funny, this response to Bentley. In a strange way, it might be good publicity for the club.... get a few more folks like Bentley in the blue and white halves having a good time with the media, maybe the media warms up, challenges or at least fails to reinforce the bully boy tag, and maybe we pick up 10-15 fewer cards a season.

That'd be a welcomed adjustment. Someone go put a mic in front of Bents. :tu:

Can't believe no one's picked up on this paragraph from that Observer story...........

"I was addicted to gambling when I was younger, everything from horses to online poker. I got in the habit of going to betting shops with my mates and their dads. Eventually I gave it up and I haven't gambled for three years."

So he hasn't gambled for 3 years...... about as long as he's been away from Arsenal!!! :o

Questions...

1. Is gambling endemic at Arsenal?

2. Given their well publicised problems with Adams and Merson I'd have thought the anti-gambling discipline at Arsenal would have been much much stricter.

That's a good shout. Coincidence?! Bentley has said that Hughes is a disciplined manager, Wenger on the other hand . . . ?

Why is it always the same with rovers fans, as soon as the press start a campaign to get one of our better players sold, then they start to turn on these players (and manager). some areas of the media don't like rovers and don't think we deserve to have a talent like Bentley in our side.

Why is it always the same with rovers fans, as soon as the press start a campaign to get one of our better players sold, then they start to turn on these players (and manager). some areas of the media don't like rovers and don't think we deserve to have a talent like Bentley in our side.

In some ways we don't. If Bentley was playing in the Champions League he would still be standing out as one of the better players in the competition, and that is something we are unlikely to ever be able to offer him. If I'm David Bentley I'm currently thinking about how short a footballers career is and how I need to achieve as much as possible in my short time in the game. I would certainly be looking to move on this Summer.

David Bentley will choose between either Liverpool or Chelsea as the Premier League giants wage a £15m fight for the Blackburn star this summer. (News of the World)

If the first bit is true, the number will be north of £20m considering Duff, Carrick and Hargreaves all commanded £17m figures some time ago.

There again, the People has a Chelsea shopping list for this summer and Bentley does not feature.

David Bentley will choose between either Liverpool or Chelsea as the Premier League giants wage a £15m fight for the Blackburn star this summer. (News of the World)

If the first bit is true, the number will be north of £20m considering Duff, Carrick and Hargreaves all commanded £17m figures some time ago.

There again, the People has a Chelsea shopping list for this summer and Bentley does not feature.

Just the press trying to engineer a move as usual.

I'm still confident that we will keep Bents for another season.

SWP? right-sided english midfielder?

he has also been heavily linked to liverpool in the past and also he plays alot like babel so i would think benitez would want more of a pacey winger who can cut inside on both flanks.

Also as crouchy will most probably be shipped out in the summer, who would bentley have to aim for? his best quality is his crossing.

Another reason why liverpool won't go for him is pennant who is very similar to bentley so unless pennant is sold, i really don't think liverpool will be trying to buy bentley.

yes but the press have to sell him to someone because he can't possibly play for Rovers. Man U don't need him and Arsenal won't have/get him back so who else? Spanish bloke was a student in Liverpool I think or worked there in his youth and therefore has every player worth his salt going to Liverpool if he can. Since we've already said we're not selling (although I accept we may have to especially if the price is right) Bentley can't have done any sort of deal and the club won't have.

Archived