BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bentley has played like a claret, so poor from his last outing, also i wouldnt touch any of those Americans either.

As for Bradley who the ferk is this Bradley guy hes one Rovers need to stay well clear of for me.

Its hard to work out which wonder kid is the poorest.

Adu is nothing short of abysmal whilst Bentley hasnt been that much better

All that hype about Adu, unbelievable, looked forward to this game as there were some new kids on the block especially from America what a disappointment to witness such a classless bunch of playersfrom over the pond..... we are definitely spoilt in Blackburn when it comes to football.

Its hard to work out which wonder kid is the poorest.

Adu is nothing short of abysmal whilst Bentley hasnt been that much better

I must have been watching a different game, yes Bentley wasn't brilliant but he was involved in some almost goal attempts. The cross to Crouch near the far post, and then there was the lay off to Crouch who tried to do an overhead kick but missed.

Bentley needs a run of games at this level, just like he has had at Rovers.

I must have been watching a different game, yes Bentley wasn't brilliant but he was involved in some almost goal attempts. The cross to Crouch near the far post, and then there was the lay off to Crouch who tried to do an overhead kick but missed.

Bentley needs a run of games at this level, just like he has had at Rovers.

i agree-he didnt play brilliant, but he played some good balls to set up attacks..

bentley has looked out of his depth tonight even against as poor opposition as the USA - he obviously believes his own hype and thinks he has already done enough! i would never have said this a month ago but if we get the right money for him then we will be better off without someone with that attitude

bentley has looked out of his depth tonight even against as poor opposition as the USA - he obviously believes his own hype and thinks he has already done enough! i would never have said this a month ago but if we get the right money for him then we will be better off without someone with that attitude

Speaks volumes that we dont even have dedicated thread on the England match.

There's an old saying that Capello would be well advised to think on...... 'if you want something different to happen......... you have to do something different'!

With all the talk about players and clubs not wanting these internationals at the end of the season (Lawrenson humerously speculated that Gerrard had developed 'Trinidada and Tobago knee' toward the end of the match :rolleyes: )I'd have played the full B Team and informed all the players and agents that if they want to play for England then they have to do enough to displace the man in their shirt!

What is wrong with you people. At the moment the lad is one of ours so we should give him our full support - especially when he gets called up to play for his country. Granted I didn't see the game last night but you would think by the way some of you are banging on that everyone who regularly plays for England has never had a bad game in their life. If Gerrard or Lampard have a bad game for England (which has happened) does this make them poor players who don't deserve to play Champions League football.

Yes the lad can be a mouthy little so and so but he is a great asset for us and I just read on in disbelief every time he gets a hammering from one of his own

What is wrong with you people. At the moment the lad is one of ours so we should give him our full support - especially when he gets called up to play for his country.

I was more than happy to cheer him on. However i was pleased that he had a shocker of a game because it takes the spotlight off him. Barry played a blinder and it will be him that moves to Liverpool shortly and Bentley will not be in the frame.

Bentley has played like a claret, so poor from his last outing, also i wouldnt touch any of those Americans either.

As for Bradley who the ferk is this Bradley guy hes one Rovers need to stay well clear of for me.

Bradley was very disappointing, as was Ricardo Clark (forgot he was even playing until he was subbed!).

Interesting to note that most of the US players play in European leagues. Not many MLS players were picked and it was one of our weakest sides. Kind of shows how crap some European football can be. (Having been to many matches, I would say that the MLS standard is on par with the Championship. Look at the record of MLS sides against Premiership teams in friendlies sometime.)

Thought Frankie Hejduk was our best player and Adu was much better than I've seen him in a long time.

As for the topic, the only thing I noticed from Bentley was giving up possession. To be fair, I was seated at the other corner of the pitch, so didn't have the best view.

Bradley was very disappointing, as was Ricardo Clark (forgot he was even playing until he was subbed!).

Interesting to note that most of the US players play in European leagues. Not many MLS players were picked and it was one of our weakest sides. Kind of shows how crap some European football can be. (Having been to many matches, I would say that the MLS standard is on par with the Championship. Look at the record of MLS sides against Premiership teams in friendlies sometime.)

Thought Frankie Hejduk was our best player and Adu was much better than I've seen him in a long time.

As for the topic, the only thing I noticed from Bentley was giving up possession. To be fair, I was seated at the other corner of the pitch, so didn't have the best view.

When we got promoted in 2001 we played Barcelona in a friendly and won 3-2.

Does that mean we were on a par with Barcelona?

A friendly means absolutely nothing.

I was more than happy to cheer him on. However i was pleased that he had a shocker of a game because it takes the spotlight off him. Barry played a blinder and it will be him that moves to Liverpool shortly and Bentley will not be in the frame.

I think thats probably because Barry is actually worth his hype.

Unbelievable response to Bentley's performance. Some people are clearly very blinkered. Whether it's wishful thinking and you're hoping that it's dissuaded Liverpool from making an offer, I don't know.

Bentley showed, when he did have the ball, why he is the right man to succeed Beckham - his crosses and distribution of the ball were excellent.

Whether it's wishful thinking and you're hoping that it's dissuaded Liverpool from making an offer, I don't know.

Bentley was very average last night, I'm sure he would admit that.

If anything will put pool off making an offer it is the form of Barry. He will be top of their list and money is tight.

Unbelievable response to Bentley's performance. Some people are clearly very blinkered. Whether it's wishful thinking and you're hoping that it's dissuaded Liverpool from making an offer, I don't know.

Bentley showed, when he did have the ball, why he is the right man to succeed Beckham - his crosses and distribution of the ball were excellent.

The fact that Bentley didn't do anything to further his claim that he is on course to take the place of an ageing has-been who now plays for some league that I can't even remember the name of speaks volumes .

As for Liverpool being interested ...well , this all reminds me of the talk about the "big" clubs supposedly being on the brink of signing McCarthy (another self obsessed and self proclaimed superstar) a season or so ago . It never happened . I doubt it'll happen with Bentley .

In retrospect I wish he'd have played a blinder ....then maybe some foreign chairman with too much stolen money in his pocket might have given us an over inflated offer we couldn't refuse . £12 million would do nicely .....

I'd say average distribution, i'd say excellent though if one or more of his passes/crosses had resulted in a goal sadly none did.

When he tried to outpace Bocanegra and failed, a lot of his distribution from then on started to go sideways and backwards which was interesting to see.

Hes still though an extremely talented footballer whom i'd love to see playing in a blue and white strip come next season.

When he tried to outpace Bocanegra and failed, a lot of his distribution from then on started to go sideways and backwards which was interesting to see.

If he sussed out that he could not outpace Bocanegra then credit to him for not keeping trying and altering his own tactics accordingly.

Archived