BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

Absolute rubbish! Do you want to give money away? Villa want 18m for Barry and he's older and whilst he has been a revelation for England he is simply a 'water carrier'. Carrick, SWP and Hargreaves also illustrate the value of young English internationals. If Platini gets his way Bentleys value will soar even more. If no one can reach our valuation then he can stay.

O'Neill and Lernar are not having any p1sing about from Barry or Lpool are they? Quite right too! If Lpool are not willing to pay the selling clubs valuation given recent transfers of similar players then they can get out the bloody kitchen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-20608970/

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think wouldn't you.

Arsenal reserves post woeful loan spell at relegated Norwich prior to us saving your career wasn't it Dave? Really pick your moments to say thanks eh.

Whilst I have no problems with him wanting to further himself, why he has to be such a prick is beyond me. Saying that, the bloke who bought him wan't much better.

If only he realised that by letting the football do the talking, he will be an attraction to clubs. By letting his gob do the talking, he will only put teams off from paying the sorts of money it will cost to gain a player of his talent.

If he put more effort in his end of season games than he does with his interviews about whats best for him, he would probably have found that he'd be playing in Europe with Blackburn next season. Maybe we should send him the last 4 or 5 games he's played and remind him that being with Blackburn is probably the highest level he'll probably be able to play at.

If only he realised that by letting the football do the talking, he will be an attraction to clubs. By letting his gob do the talking, he will only put teams off from paying the sorts of money it will cost to gain a player of his talent.

Unless some other club <_< is actually putting the words in his mouth and working his strings! Don't bet against that scenario. :unsure:

Didn't Bentley say he wanted to play for one of the big 4? well that doesn't look likely with only seemingly Liverpool interested but not at 15 million.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up and if his motivation is money, as I suspect, or he moves for purely footballing reasons.

Didn't Bentley say he wanted to play for one of the big 4? well that doesn't look likely with only seemingly Liverpool interested but not at 15 million.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up and if his motivation is money, as I suspect, or he moves for purely footballing reasons.

Not exactly Gav.

Spurs, Villa, Everton or of course Man City thanks to the silly Fair Play League.

Here's the quote I read: "The situation is I want to move on. I want to be playing Champions League football, or in Europe..." (From yesterday's LET)

It sounds like his head has been turned by hanging about with the Chelsea jet set, who would obviously be patronising him for playing at an unfashionable club like ours. He's been long gone for a while now.

I have been thinking the same thing. He has been saying that he NEEDS to play Champions League Football and then you read that Villa/City and Spuds are all in for him who even though have more money than us are actually no better.

If he goes to one of the big 4 then fine. Let him. We have had our other top players go off to one of them only to not play every week and not become such a big star as they were with us. If he goes to one of the teams like us then he is an idiot (just like Lucas Neil)

I am sorry but he came to us as a player that was a sub at Arsenal and an ok player in the championship. He is leaving as an England International and he has the cheek to say he owes us nothing. I hope he goes back to sitting on the bench at one of the big four like before.

Yes I am bitter but we will get along just fine without him.

If he leaves then I would imagine its likely to be Spurs. Its just key that we get the best deal possible from it.

Which would you take?

Lennon + £8m?

Lennon + Huddlestone?

Lennon + Bent?

The Lennon plus Bent one would be pretty sweet as long as we could off load Roberts. The wages might be a problem though.

If he leaves then I would imagine its likely to be Spurs. Its just key that we get the best deal possible from it.

Which would you take?

Lennon + £8m? NOPE

Lennon + Huddlestone? NOPE

Lennon + Bent? NOPE

What are you on Hughesy? Has the Mark Hughes tenure taught you nothing? Just play hardball and say NO. He said no to everybody that was still under contract and who he had not replaced within the squad. 'Letting players go' to suit other clubs smacks of a wimpy leadership.

If you want to ferkk off the Billy Big Times the easiest tactic is David Bentley? Sure £20 million CASH ONLY and that is bloody that! If they cannot afford him then thats that he stays and we all move on....... (btw privately if spuds are on a spike 12.5m + Hudd and they pay half his wages for the next 3 years might do just fine)

I get heartily sick of people coming on here all huffy cos some player wants to improve his situation and saying things like 'Bents is not that good, if we get 10m / 12m we'll be lucky' or I'll be happy if we get £7m + carlos kickaball! Talk em UP ffs not DOWN just because he's bruised our sensibilities. We're told he's on a 3 year contract so we'd look bloody stupid if we sold him to Spurs for 10m only for Man U to come a calling 2 years later and pay 25m. Why make it easy for them to look like big hitters to their fans and at the same time make us look a second rate, ever so humble soft touch? Draw em on and then slit their throats is the tactic to follow. Big clubs don't give players away to suit rivals do they? Bentley is on the fee reducing game in order to secure a better deal for himself. Well he can swivel imo.

Oh and Hughesy..... I wouldn't bother writing to be considered for 'The Apprentice' if I were you. ;)

What are you on Hughesy? Has the Mark Hughes tenure taught you nothing? Just play hardball and say NO. He said no to everybody that was still under contract and who he had not replaced within the squad. 'Letting players go' to suit other clubs smacks of a wimpy leadership.

And then he left when he was under contract!

Gav - I don't believe this is a move motivated by money.

He's met with the chairman and manager and asked to leave - so he forfeits all his signing on fee that is spread over the course of his contract.

He's been honest about the move, unlike Hendry, shearer etc

Let's also not kid ourselves. For 75% of the last 2 seasons, he's been our best player.

I don't think its the case that his head has been 'turned' by the chelsea jet set. More that he is very ambitious and actually has the skill to back up his ambition.

He's an England regular now and should be playing champions league at this stage of his career.

It happens to all clubs - its not just blackburn.

Barry wants to leave Villa, who are owned by a billionaire and have one of the best managers in the permier league.

Ronaldo, wants to leave one of the best clubs in the world

Flamini just left one of the best sides who play football.

Helb is looking to leave...

It's happening everywhere and to 'much bigger' clubs than us.

People are getting upset because of the lack of loyalty, but surely you don't expect that in todays game! If you do - you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Gav - I don't believe this is a move motivated by money.

He's met with the chairman and manager and asked to leave - so he forfeits all his signing on fee that is spread over the course of his contract.

He's been honest about the move, unlike Hendry, shearer etc This all goes back to the Bellamy saga, but I'd rather have a player who said he was happy and kept his head down until the day he was out the door than someone who was "honest". You have to respect honest, but the player must also have respect for the club. He can tell the chairman and manager he wants to leave, but to spout off to the national press doesn't deserve any praise.[b][/b]

Let's also not kid ourselves. For 75% of the last 2 seasons, he's been our best player. Ummm no. Benni was our best player two seasons ago with Nelsen and a couple others chipping in. This season our best player was Santa Cruz. Samba was our best player early on. Bentley has been one of our best over the course of the two seasons, particularly this year, but not to the extent that you have made out.

I don't think its the case that his head has been 'turned' by the chelsea jet set. More that he is very ambitious and actually has the skill to back up his ambition. He's yet to fully prove that and until he has he needs to remember that he has a long way to go in this game. Earn it, don't demand it. The situation at this club has always been that we would respect a players desire to play for a bigger side. The situation has also always been that every player is for sale at the right price. Let his football do the talking and wait for the big clubs to come in, if they are interested they will stump up the cash. Talking to the media is not going to increase the chance of someone making a bid, it just makes him look like the kind of player you wouldn't want on your side.

He's an England regular now and should be playing champions league at this stage of his career. He's not an England regular, he's an England squad member. Maybe he should take a look at these two names: Lennon and SWP. Two previous England regulars, much more so than he has yet to be, who now can't get in the squad and don't have many teams interested in them (oh and SWP was/is a much more gifted footballer than Bentley).

Barry wants to leave Villa, who are owned by a billionaire and have one of the best managers in the permier league. Barry wants to go because he has concrete interest from a Champions League team, something that Bentley doesn't actually have. He also isn't out in the press with a new statement every other day.[b][/b]

Ronaldo, wants to leave one of the best clubs in the world Ronaldo wants to go because he wants a big payday...Bentley is not moving for financial reasons (cough cough). [b][/b]

Flamini just left one of the best sides who play football. He's not from England and has chosen to go and play for a huge team in another league, probably for more money. He was hardly a lock-in in the Arsenal side and also probably knows that he is likely to be forced out by some of the more talented younger players coming through.[b][/b]

Helb is looking to leave...Basically because he is kicked off the park every week-end and can't take it anymore.

I actually agree spouting off to the national press was completely the wrong thing to do, so I'll revise my stance on that one!

SWP is not int eh same class as bentley. He loses the ball far too much and has little end product. He is more of a flying winger, but at international level, he was found out. As for Lennon - yes he can beat a man, but he can't keep the ball for his team with his wayward passing. It takes a certain type of technically gifted player to play at the very highest level. Bentley has it - lennon and swp don't in my opinion.

The only point I was trying to make, was that players do come and go the whole time. The lack of loyalty is a sad fact of the new era of football and is one of the main reasons why my 'passion' for football has diminished.

But lets also make it very clear where I stand. Unless we get a suitable offer for Bentley ( 15m+) we should keep him. Every player has his price.

It may have been the completely wrong thing to do, but it may work in our favour.

Links this morning include reports about Villa, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs, all after signing him.

Why don't we just stick him on ebay, with a 15M reserve and a deadline day close date?

I actually agree spouting off to the national press was completely the wrong thing to do, so I'll revise my stance on that one!

SWP is not int eh same class as bentley. He loses the ball far too much and has little end product. He is more of a flying winger, but at international level, he was found out. As for Lennon - yes he can beat a man, but he can't keep the ball for his team with his wayward passing. It takes a certain type of technically gifted player to play at the very highest level. Bentley has it - lennon and swp don't in my opinion.

You need to remember where these players were when the hype really hit for them.

SWP at City was in a totally different class to Bentley. He could cross, beat a man, had pace, scored goals from all over the park and ran his team. He had all the makings of an absolutely fantastic player and now...

Lennon was really destroying a lot of teams for a while. He can't cross like Bentley, but because of his pace he doesn't need to be able to.

Archived