BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

I am sure Ince if he comes in will sit down with him and discuss what will work out best for all parties. Surely for Ince and Rovers it will be a £15m + fee. I can't see us selling for less unless the market dries up. With the money floating around and the interest in him I will be amazed if we don't get that fee.

For Bentley a move to Villa seems a bit strange. It will mean that he won't realistically be able to move again for another year at least, he will be unsettled, and he will be at a club built around counter attacking pace which doesn't suit his game. As it stands their squad is only marginally better than ours.

What has happend though is he has painted himself into a corner if a top four club doesn't come in. If I was him I would sit tight, play as well as I could with the hope of one of the big guns coming in.

He is playing a poor hand at the moment if his goal is to penetrate into the CL. On the other hand if it is to make a bunch of money he is doing well as the signing on fees whoever he sign for will be enormous.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If clubs wont pay £15m+ for him then what would you do? He wants to go so -

Sell him or stick with him and make him stay - you could then get an unhappy player, other potential targets may see that as a bad thing and also not want to join.

That's why I said you have to decide when you think you've taken the valuation as high as you can. We seem, when not hampered by release contracts, to be good at getting what we want. But to put a price on a player means you have no leeway. You have to have a figure in your own minds but you don't have to bite the hand off the first club that comes calling.

For Bentley a move to Villa seems a bit strange. It will mean that he won't realistically be able to move again for another year at least, he will be unsettled, and he will be at a club built around counter attacking pace which doesn't suit his game. As it stands their squad is only marginally better than ours.

Id disagree and say their squad isnt as good as ours, they only just pipped us to the inter-toto. They have already lost Carson & Mellberg since last season and soon to be Barry. That is a big loss - their two most influential players look likely to of gone.

The world cup qualifiers coming up and Bentley wanting CL footy. He hasn't said he is unhappy at Rovers just that we don't meet his ambitions. So if a suitable offer does not come in, Bentley has two options. Moan and throw a strop, potentially putting off Fabio and other managers, or work his socks off at Rovers and prove to the top 4 that he is worth a shout at £15m plus.

Therefore, I'd hold out for a more than decent fee. But there is a reason why JW etc are doing what they are doing and I'm sat here typing on here ;)

Bentley may be big headed, but I don't think he's as stupid as his 'interview' made out.

It's probably not rubbish they'd like him, even that they've asked about him but i doubt they are getting far with JW at the moment. He's already stated his case and i don't suppose he's changed his mind about discussing nothing on the player front till the new manager has got his feet under the table. I don't think any of our players would expect him to either, even if, like Bentley, they've put out a come and get me appeal. It might not affect his long term position but he must surely realise that in the short term he's going nowhere because our chairman can't be bothered with him.

The world cup qualifiers coming up and Bentley wanting CL footy. He hasn't said he is unhappy at Rovers just that we don't meet his ambitions. So if a suitable offer does not come in, Bentley has two options. Moan and throw a strop, potentially putting off Fabio and other managers, or work his socks off at Rovers and prove to the top 4 that he is worth a shout at £15m plus.

Therefore, I'd hold out for a more than decent fee. But there is a reason why JW etc are doing what they are doing and I'm sat here typing on here ;)

Bentley may be big headed, but I don't think he's as stupid as his 'interview' made out.

Hooray!

A post that makes sense to me including the last sentence- if you watch Bentley carefully, he is clearly very drunk in that interview.

Well it looks like it's between Ince and Laudrup tonight...I would love to be a fly on the wall when the new gaffer / guvnor has his first meeting with Bents.....something along the lines of......

DB - Alright gaffer, I've put me twansfer request in and i'd like to be off now.......

Ince - shut the f**k up and sit down you poncey goodfornuffin poor excuse for a footballer, s**ttyhaircut, little girl and light me that cigarrrrrrrrr.......

DB - yes guv..........

OR

Laudrup - good morning david I am your new manager and I'd really like you to reconsider your transfer request if you please. After all, I believe that we will be playing some beutifull football this season and will qualify for the chumpions league........did you know I used to play for Ajax, Barcelona and Juventus.....and I won the European championships with my country?.......but hey, if you want to go and play for a crazy Nazi Thai doctor then I won't stand in your way........

DB - [swooning] you look like Tom Cruise boss........

Well it looks like it's between Ince and Laudrup tonight...I would love to be a fly on the wall when the new gaffer / guvnor has his first meeting with Bents.....something along the lines of......

DB - Alright gaffer, I've put me twansfer request in and i'd like to be off now.......

Ince - shut the f**k up and sit down you poncey goodfornuffin poor excuse for a footballer, s**ttyhaircut, little girl and light me that cigarrrrrrrrr.......

DB - yes guv..........

OR

Laudrup - good morning david I am your new manager and I'd really like you to reconsider your transfer request if you please. After all, I believe that we will be playing some beutifull football this season and will qualify for the chumpions league........did you know I used to play for Ajax, Barcelona and Juventus.....and I won the European championships with my country?.......but hey, if you want to go and play for a crazy Nazi Thai doctor then I won't stand in your way........

DB - [swooning] you look like Tom Cruise boss........

:lol:

:rover: now portugal are out off euro 2008 watch ronaldo want away,just like bents he will use the media,one thing for certian utd will not be looking at him,ronaldo wins 10 games a season for utd,bents wins ?????

Archived